Russia Plans to Blast Space Junk with Laser Canon

Clearly the Russians have confused laser wepons with 22 century phasers.

Lasers are only light beam weapons and will "vaporise" nothing.

Phasers utilize the yet to be discovered nadion particles which disrupt the bond holding molecules together.

This is target practice for WWIII.

Pretty hard to believe those ham-fisted vodka-swilling peasants can actually pull something like this off. I mean, they can't even keep their passenger aircraft from splattering all over the countryside.

They'll no doubt shoot themselves in the dick with it.

They must have just watched Gravity.

And I’m sure it won’t be used on our military satellites.

Russia's plan to get rid of space junk is to blast it with a laser
Lol, I'm.sure the US, China, and everyone else with a space oroprog wants to build a laser too.
Weapons in Space Treaty
The Outer Space Treaty represents the basic legal framework of international spacelaw. Among its principles, it bars states party to the treaty from placing weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the Moon or any other celestial body, or otherwise stationing them in outer space.

Outer Space Treaty - Wikipedia

Weatherman, educating Leftards since 1978

Lol, I'm.sure the US, China, and everyone else with a space oroprog wants to build a laser too.
Weapons in Space Treaty
The Outer Space Treaty represents the basic legal framework of international spacelaw. Among its principles, it bars states party to the treaty from placing weapons of mass destruction in orbit of Earth, installing them on the Moon or any other celestial body, or otherwise stationing them in outer space.

In their own dullard sort of way, the Russians are trying to pull off the equivalent of Reagan's "Star Wars" (SDI) bluff that he used to cause the collapse of the Soviet Union. Except we have far more resources than they had back in the Cold War, so it's not gonna work.

This is the second thing they are touting. The first one was a couple months ago when they announced that they were working on some super-duper missiles that couldn't be shot down. Of course, the whole project was only in the artists' conception stage, and we haven't heard anything about it since then.

Those wacky Russians. :laughing0301:

Weapons in Space Treaty

?? Why do you think they called him "Ronald Raygun"?

Forum List

Back