Russia: On a path of antagonizing both friend and foe alike

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
The title says it all :)

---

Russia seems to be eager to antagonize both friend and foe alike these days.

In a move that seems to be completely inexplicable, Russia is apparently negotiating to sell Pakistan advanced Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighters along with Mi-35 Hind-E attack helicopters. Perhaps more amazingly, the Russians don’t seem to grasp that their Indian allies are likely to react extremely negatively at the prospect of such a deal.

Coming Soon: Russian Su-35s to Pakistan and American F-35s to India?

Oil prices are 1/3 what they were merely months ago.

Do the math. :slap:

Look at the history of U.S. and Pakistan arms deal: pretty much all the weapons Pakistan bought from the U.S. were paid for by the U.S. tax payers. Can Russian tax payers afford similar undertaking? I do not think so.

Look at the history of U.S. and Pakistan arms deal: pretty much all the weapons Pakistan bought from the U.S. were paid for by the U.S. tax payers. Can Russian tax payers afford similar undertaking? I do not think so.
The U.S. has many revenue streams, taxes being merely one of them.

Exactly! U.S. can afford to print US$ bills -- literally :) Russia can't :)

Any nation can print their monies. It's not that Russia "can't", the fact is that Putin is smarter than Obama.

Hell, a third grader is smarter than Obama. :lol:

Any nation can print their monies. It's not that Russia "can't", the fact is that Putin is smarter than Obama.

There is a difference between any nation and the U.S. The currency of the U.S. is the de facto trading currency of the world. Pretty much the whole world including Russia trades in US$. This gives U.S. a leverage in purchasing power which other countries don't have. In addition, U.S. has countries like China who are eager to finance U.S. debt by supplying cheap labor and goods to the U.S. in exchange for U.S. dollars.

This simply means that U.S. can print dollars and offer those printed dollars to countries that are willing to toe U.S. line. Is Russia anywhere even close to U.S. in that department? The answer is no. Look at Russia's trade with India and China; it has all been in U.S. dollars. Heck, Russia has not even attempted to create an alternative to SWIFT. This lack of Russian foresight was demonstrated when U.S. was able to cripple the trade between Russia and Iran by simply disabling Iran's SWIFT code.

So, what does all this mean to a "layman" like yourself ? It means that no country and this includes Russia can afford to give Pakistan the amount of freebies U.S. was able to give.

Russia needs the money..............OPEC is trying to put the competition out of business.........and they have hurt the Russian Currency.
Not to mention this is directed at the Challenge from Russia and China and the BRICS................

Russia wants to arm up adversaries who are against us, and OPEC..........aka Saudi Arabia...............and they do piss off their BRICS partners in doing so.........aka India.

---

In a move that seems to be completely inexplicable, Russia is apparently negotiating to sell Pakistan advanced Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighters along with Mi-35 Hind-E attack helicopters. Perhaps more amazingly, the Russians don’t seem to grasp that their Indian allies are likely to react extremely negatively at the prospect of such a deal.

Maybe they're selling them the stuff, so Pakistan can stop US drones from wiping out their wedding party's?

---

Maybe they're selling them the stuff, so Pakistan can stop US drones from wiping out their wedding party's?
Perhaps Pakistan could put a leash on their dogs.........The Taliban....................not to mention firing at India all the time on the border.............Because they are Buddist..........the shame.....................

Perhaps Pakistan could put a leash on their dogs.........The Taliban....................not to mention firing at India all the time on the border.............Because they are Buddist..........the shame.....................
Why don't we put a leash on ours?

The only reason they tolerate the Taliban, is because of our presence in the area.

Why don't we put a leash on ours?

The only reason they tolerate the Taliban, is because of our presence in the area.

Pakistan "tolerates" the Taliban because THE TALIBAN are Pakistanis----
They are the DARLINGS of Pakistani society (I know this fact because I have
known lots of Pakistanis very well over the past almost 50 years-------many of whom proudly told me about relatives and school mates -----NOBLE MEMBERS OF THE
TALIBAN ------of course that was in the late 1980s when the TALIBAN were considered noble by the idiots in Washington DC) Arming Pakistan is
consistent with the present world POLARIZATION -----in prep for world war II.
Pakistan is likely to be part of the AXIS powers------together with Iran, Russia,
Syria, the Shiites of Iraq, and of Yemen-----etc etc

known lots of Pakistanis very well over the past almost 50 years-------many of whom proudly told me about relatives and school mates -----NOBLE MEMBERS OF THE
TALIBAN ------of course that was in the late 1980s when the TALIBAN were considered noble by the idiots in Washington DC) Arming Pakistan is
Pakistan is likely to be part of the AXIS powers------together with Iran, Russia,
Interesting you call them the "Axis Powers", when we're the ones running around the globe making up bullshit reasons to invade sovereign nations.

Interesting you call them the "Axis Powers", when we're the ones running around the globe making up bullshit reasons to invade sovereign nations.

fight is not the same as CONQUOR We are battling the AXIS POWERS ------
just as we BATTLED BERLIN

There is a difference between any nation and the U.S. The currency of the U.S. is the de facto trading currency of the world. Pretty much the whole world including Russia trades in US$. This gives U.S. a leverage in purchasing power which other countries don't have. In addition, U.S. has countries like China who are eager to finance U.S. debt by supplying cheap labor and goods to the U.S. in exchange for U.S. dollars.

This simply means that U.S. can print dollars and offer those printed dollars to countries that are willing to toe U.S. line. Is Russia anywhere even close to U.S. in that department? The answer is no. Look at Russia's trade with India and China; it has all been in U.S. dollars. Heck, Russia has not even attempted to create an alternative to SWIFT. This lack of Russian foresight was demonstrated when U.S. was able to cripple the trade between Russia and Iran by simply disabling Iran's SWIFT code.

So, what does all this mean to a "layman" like yourself ? It means that no country and this includes Russia can afford to give Pakistan the amount of freebies U.S. was able to give.

The operative word was in your last sentence. U.S. WAS able to afford, we no longer are soluable.

Forum List

Back