Russia, Iran sign nuclear construction deal for 8 units

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Russia, Iran sign nuclear construction deal for 8 units

Published time: November 11, 2014 12:06
Edited time: November 11, 2014 14:39
Russia is to build eight nuclear power units in Iran, as a new partnership agreement, guaranteed by the IAEA, was signed in Moscow on Tuesday.
The head of the Rosatom, Sergey Kirienko, and the chief of the Atomic Energy Agency of Iran, Ali Akbar Salehi, signed a series of documents, promoting the links in the field of peaceful application of atomic energy between the countries, RIA Novosti reports.
According to the agreement, Russia is to construct eight units with pressurized water reactors “turn-key ready” in Iran. Four of them will be built at the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant, also completed by Russia a year ago.
Besides, nuclear fuel for the future reactors will be provided by Russia during the whole life cycle of the new reactors. Spent fuel will be returned for processing and storage.
“It is the turning point in the relations between our countries,” Salehi said. “These friendly actions, taken by Russia will be well-remembered.” He added that now Russia and Iran “have become even closer to each other.”
The partners didn’t touch upon the subject of possible shipment of enriched uranium to Iran.
“We didn’t discuss this question today,” Kirienko told journalists after the signing of the protocol.
Russia Iran sign nuclear construction deal for 8 units RT News

I don't know, but it looks like Iran plans on have nuclear power in the future.

Do the units come with a warning that they were built by Russians?

I am delighted that they are being built by Russia
And why does that delight you?

really? Russia and Iran are allies??? I didn't know
that -------in what way are they allies?

why not?

I don't care who builds them really, but Russia and Iran are allies, and Russia knows what they are doing.

Forum List

Back