Russia, India to hold major tri-Service combat exercise

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
This will be a first time India will commit all three branches of its armed forces for a combat exercise with another nation.

---

NEW DELHI: In the first such tri-Service wargames, India will hold a major combat exercise with Russia this year to crank up military-to-military ties between the two long-standing strategic partners.

"The Indra exercise, to be held in Russia, will include assets and manpower from the Army, Navy and IAF. This is the first time India will deploy the three services together for an exercise with a country," said a defence ministry source.

Finance minister Arun Jaitley, incidentally, will also be visiting Russia in his capacity as the defence minister for the Moscow Conference on International Security on April 25-26.

India, Russia to hold major tri-Service 'Indra' combat exercise for first time this year - Times of India

I guess India feels like they need an ally against China.

Russia is good.

The USA would be better.

Russia is good.

The USA would be better.

Russia is friends with both India and China and that is true for US as well. So, it seems more like you think India needs an ally against China.

Russia is good.

The USA would be better.

Russia is friends with both India and China and that is true for US as well. So, it seems more like you think India needs an ally against China.
TV
It is more likely you will need an ally against Pakistan.

Russia is friends with both India and China. US is also friends with both India and China. So neither Russia nor US will form an alliance with one against other.

As far as Pakistan is concerned, India already has a great ally against Pakistan, that is Pakistan itself :)

Forum List

Back