Russia Experiencing Coldest Winter, Ever

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
According to them. Of course there were many winters that were colder before thermometers got to the land of Ivan the Terrible, Napoleon certainly would say so, but be that as it may. This year is supposedly the one after the "warmest ever" and the cold is unrelenting. All across Europe and the US there have been terrible storms. Interesting how "warmth" can make it colder. They must think the Earth is a giant refrigerator and the moon is the heat pump.

Russia suffers its coldest winter ever - News - The Independent

LOL. Walleyes, you have truly outdone yourself this time.

Look at the date!!!!!!

Russia suffers its coldest winter ever - News - The Independent

Russia suffers its coldest winter ever

Phil Reeves

Wednesday, 17 December 1997

Russia is experiencing its coldest winter for half a century. As Phil Reeves reports, it is causing chaos.

Children under 11 have been ordered not to go to school. Metal cables that power Moscow's trolley buses have frozen and snapped. Hundreds of people have been treated for frostbite and hypothermia and one person has been killed by a falling icicle.

Few nations are more hardened to hostile weather than Russia, whose deep chill wrecked Napoleon's army and kept the Nazis at bay. But even this tough country is struggling against a cold snap that has sent the mercury plunging to -32C in Moscow, freezing to death five people in one night.

:lol::razz::eusa_whistle::lol::lol:

Warm oceans create more atmospheric moisture which results in greater amounts of ice and snow and unusual weather patterns. San Francisco has snow forecasted for Thursday night through Saturday mornin, possiblly down to sea level; my fruit trees are in bloom and the grass needed cutting this week. Last week we had a "King" tide, a high tide over seven feet and the week before the Giants had FanFest - 40,000 + showed up in 80 degree weather to cheer the world champs.
Things they are a chang'en.

Russia cold this week = 35 degree's below normal!!!

Global warming really baking these people.............:fu::fu::fu:

Russian Winter: severe cold to invade Moscow and Eastern Europe | Watts Up With That?

tokyo-4-festival-p-072_3-30.jpg

Warm oceans create more atmospheric moisture which results in greater amounts of ice and snow and unusual weather patterns. San Francisco has snow forecasted for Thursday night through Saturday mornin, possiblly down to sea level; my fruit trees are in bloom and the grass needed cutting this week. Last week we had a "King" tide, a high tide over seven feet and the week before the Giants had FanFest - 40,000 + showed up in 80 degree weather to cheer the world champs.
Things they are a chang'en.

To get snow you must have COLD air. Just having more moisture in the air doesn't make it colder no matter how hard you try to convince people of that.

Kudos to Russia.

They have had weather for thousands of years, but in the US, we didn't discover it until about 100 years ago.

Salut, comrades!

Yep. 80 degrees last week, snow this week. Wider and wilder.

Big whoop, Montana 1916....

Another day, another 100-degree difference. A lot of people in the Midwest would probably guess a central state would have the most bipolar weather. Their folksy claims to using heaters one day and air conditioning the next is not without merit or cause. Fifty-degree, one-day temperature swings have been known to happen. However, Mother Nature’s biggest mood swing is further west, and Browning, Montana is the victim. According to historic records and as confirmed by NASA, the temperature fell 100 degrees between January 23rd and 24th, 1916. It went from 44° F to -56° F in 24 hours. We presume there was substantial shrinkage.

How about the wind, you're a blowhard olfraud so this will be right up your alley...

They call Chicago the Windy City, but much of that has been attributed to the hot air produced by Bears fans. Growing up, you probably thought the world’s windiest place was your living room, as your dad would nearly melt his recliner after dinner. There’s also an argument to be made for Tornado Alley, since the area’s deadly namesakes whip up the breeze well into triple-digit speeds. True, researches did record a 318-mph puff during a twister in Oklahoma in 1999, but if you want the world’s biggest non-sports, non-gastronomic, non-storm-related wind, it was clocked at Mt. Washington, New Hampshire on April 12, 1934. It really blew, too: 231 mph was the final mind-blowing number.

This is from a frilly non science website, if I dig for an hour I can come up with a whole hell of a lot more but I would rather play with my daughter.

Worst weather - AskMen

Got caught again, there, Walleyes. I must say that was about as stupid an OP as I have ever seen.

c'mon s0n.......nobody really believes this wild weather crap is some kind of new phenomenon except those who are amongst the perpetually duped.

I must admit though.........its another brillliant mind bending strategy by the k00ks to make people think this global warming crap is real. People are always going to take more seriously any events in their lives that are fresher in their minds............or present in their minds for that matter. It is human nature and the k00ks have engineered this latest scam based upon this fact.

Now.......anybody who has lived a few decades knows that wild weather has been a part of it. I, for one, think back to when I was living on the south shore of Long Island in the mid-1990's and distinctly remember a 95 degree day in mid-May in 1995. Later that summer, we had a number of fierce thunderstorms late in the day followed by beautiful summer nights. Ive asked myself in recent years, "Where the hell are those mega-thunderstorms on Long Island anymore?" They are very rare nowadays. I also remember us having a snowstorm of 8 inches on Long Island in the late 1980's and it was mid April.

Look........this past Saturday on LOng Island, we had sustained wind about 40mph and gusts above 50 for a good 24 hours. It was sick........and I even remember thinkiing to myself, "Shit......this is really serious stuff!!!". What? Like I hadnt seen it before? Laugh my balls off.........Ive seen it before dozens of times in my life here. But its always the present weather event that makes you start thinking about the shit that these k00ks come up with. Its human nature. And the fact is..........there are millions and millions of people too stupid to think out of the box, so to them, they chalk up the high winds to definate global warming stuff.

Heres a temperature graph covering Central Park New York from 1876 to the present...................take a good look. If you even have half a brain you can draw conclusions looking at it for about 1 minute.

Old Rocks talks about "wild weather swings"............doesnt want you to see this graph though!!!!!:D:D:D

nyjant.gif

nyjant.gif

Got caught again, there, Walleyes. I must say that was about as stupid an OP as I have ever seen.

Oh no, I have a long way to go to catch up to some of your doozys:lol:

New Topics

Forum List

Back