Russia Claims ISIS now on the ropes after 60 airstrikes in 72 hours

Obama said the other day that Russia is doing this from a position of weakness.

Okay??????

Obama is either pouting....or he's friggen nuts.

Friday at a press conference at the White House, President Barack Obama said Russian President Vladimir Putin went into Syria and conducted airstrikes on civilians that oppose Syrian President Bashar al-Assad “out of weakness.”

Obama said, “Now, last point I just want to make about this because, you know, sometimes the conversation here in the beltway differs from the conversation internationally. Mr. Assad — but out of weakness, because his client Mr. Assad was crumbling and it was insufficient for him simply to send them arms and money. Now he’s got to put in his own planes and his own pilots. And the notion that he put forward a plan and that somehow the international community sees that as viable because there’s a vacuum there. I didn’t see after he made that speech in the United Nations suddenly the 60-nation coalition that we have start lining up behind him. Iran and Assad make up Mr. Putin’s coalition at the moment.”

“The rest of the world makes up ours,” he continued. “So I don’t think people are fooled by the current strategy. It does not mean that we could not see Mr. Putin begin to recognize that it is in their interests to broker a political settlement. And as I said in New York we’re prepared to work with the Russians and the Iranians as well as our partners who are part of the anti-isil coalition. Nobody pretends it’s going to be easy. But I think it is still possible. And so we will maintain lines of communication but we are not going to be able to get those negotiations going if there’s not a recognition that there’s got to be a change in government. We’re not going to go back to the status quo ante. And the kinds of air strikes against moderate opposition that Russia is engaging in is going to be counterproductive. It’s going to move us farther away rather than towards the ultimate solution.” Obama Hammers Putin - Went into Syria 'Out of Weakness' - Breitbart

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they said at the beginning of their Afghanistan adventure.
I remember but kinda vague after 30 years or so . Soviets lost pretty badly , driven out if I recall correctly . Course that was 79 if that info is correct and this is 2015 , Russians probably learned a heck of a lot from their Afghanistan experience . Plus this time might be different because everyone over in that area of the world may fear and despise 'Islamic state' !! Don't know if I am correct or not , just my thoughts !!

The Soviets were in Afghanistan for ten years, leaving with their tails between their legs. It was a different time, The Afghans beat them by hunkering in caves and by being brutal. The Soviets were not prepared for beheadings and mutilations. When we came into Afghanistan, we were prepared with bunker busters and later, drones, which is why we have survived so long. The Taliban is a complicated tribal conglomeration that holds on to power from the opium trade.

rvSiAJ8.jpg

Wow, that's kinda gay perv Vigilante.

ANYTHING with that spineless, coward Obuma in it is gay perv...learn your history!

That would be NOPE. You shouldn't play like that you're going to get a vacation.

Why, did I call YOU a dirty name, or just the manchurian muslim?

C'mon, you can figure out what's bad about that imagery. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Wow, that's kinda gay perv Vigilante.

ANYTHING with that spineless, coward Obuma in it is gay perv...learn your history!

That would be NOPE. You shouldn't play like that you're going to get a vacation.

Why, did I call YOU a dirty name, or just the manchurian muslim?

C'mon, you can figure out what's bad about that imagery. Don't say I didn't warn you.

No, I'll let you REPORT IT, if you like, I'll also laugh at you, even if you don't like that! :ahole-1::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

and like I said , Russia has probably learned and are killing everything that moves and the Russians enemy is either in the desert or in towns , villages . Read somewhere yesterday that mosues are being targeted and so mosques are being avoided by 'isis' and 'isis' is deserting and headed back home to 'euroland' amongst the so called refugees . Gonna have to wait and see what happens Nuhuh !!

Last edited:
  • Russia Destroys Islamic State Command Center in Syria
    Telesur ^ | Published 2 October 2015 | Abby Martin
    Russian Defense officials reported its air force carried out 18 airstrikes this Thursday. They also destroyed a “terrorist” training camp. Russian Su-34 warplanes attacked and destroyed an Islamic State group command center and training camp Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry reported. The center is located in Maarat an Numan.

Good news. Let the Russians do it.

Better them than us.

We need to get out and stay out of foreign entanglements.

Putin sounds a lot like Bushs Mission Accomplished

Maybe Zander , that's what the USA was supposed to do , avoid those foreign entanglements .

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they said at the beginning of their Afghanistan adventure.
I remember but kinda vague after 30 years or so . Soviets lost pretty badly , driven out if I recall correctly . Course that was 79 if that info is correct and this is 2015 , Russians probably learned a heck of a lot from their Afghanistan experience . Plus this time might be different because everyone over in that area of the world may fear and despise 'Islamic state' !! Don't know if I am correct or not , just my thoughts !!

The Soviets were in Afghanistan for ten years, leaving with their tails between their legs. It was a different time, The Afghans beat them by hunkering in caves and by being brutal. The Soviets were not prepared for beheadings and mutilations. When we came into Afghanistan, we were prepared with bunker busters and later, drones, which is why we have survived so long. The Taliban is a complicated tribal conglomeration that holds on to power from the opium trade.

For the sake of the ordinary Russian soldiers who might be on the ground fighting, I hope it doesn't turn out like Afghanistan with all those body bags.

'It Is a Government Crime': The Coffins of Russia's Ghost Soldiers In Ukraine Are Coming Home | VICE News

CNN - Russian veterans still bitter a decade after Afghan exit - February 9, 1999

It sounds like there are Russian people who are not happy with this situation.

http://www.amazon.com/Zinky-Boys-Soviet-Voices-Afghanistan/dp/0393336867&tag=ff0d01-20

New Topics

Forum List

Back