Russia bans comedy about Stalin's death

"Zhukov’s homes which turned out to be an Aladdin’s cave of booty: “We can simply say,” Abakumov reportedly gleefully to Stalin, “that Zhukov’s dacha is a museum,” filled with gold, 323 furs, 400 metres of velvet and silk. There were so many paintings, some even hung in the kitchen. Zhukov even went so far as to hang over his bed “a huge canvas depicting two naked women . . . we did not find a single Soviet book.” Then there were “twenty unique shotguns from Holland & Holland....

police recovered dozens of boxes of silverware and crystal from his dacha, along with forty-four rugs. fifty-five “valuable classical paintings.” three hundred twenty-three ...”"

Yes, he was an extremely unpleasant person, but he was a professional military officer (unlike that clown Stalin) and he had his role in the Victroy. Anyway, I think that he is the main reason of the ban of the movie.

its an old sovok myth, he was an useless, butcher personally responsible for death of 100 000s and 100 000s ordinary soviet solders and officers . many years ago i talk with an old solder who said to me , that the soviet solders in 40th said to each other, "once you are under Grisha katafalk command you are a dead man". have you seen solders death rate under his command ?

Yes, it's true, he never thought about his soldiers' lives. But he was in command at Hulkin Gol (or how it's written in English) and that's why Japan didn't attack us.

well i know about it, and i am not an expert on Hulkin Gol, so lets stick to our subject . grisha was a useless general, who has used meat of soviet solders as other generals use bullets and tanks , do you agree with this?

The Soviet Union, under the leadership of Stalin, defeated Nazism and saved the world. Such films are blasphemy. Let the Anglo-Saxons film a movie about the slaveholder Abraham Lincoln, who wanted to capture the southern states and use slaves. In the first stage of the war, General Lee defeated the army of the northerners, so they attracted black Americans to slaves to strengthen their army. So the myth arose that Lincoln fought against slavery.
This is a historical truth.
And, in the genre of comedy: for example, a drunk Lincoln, in a pool of urine and blood. The Russians will never withdraw such a film, since this is an insult. In America, they will never remove such a film, since there is no freedom of speech. They can only shit about the Russians.

Russia bans satirical film about Josef Stalin's death

The fact that they banned it says a lot about what the current government's ideals and who their idols are.

This would not have been banned when Yeltsin was leading Russia, but now Communism and totalitarianism are being praised and worshiped in Russia again.

Belarus allowed this great film, with out words , ulus of juchi good bye-bye )) LOL

smert_stalina_kadr_is_filma_002-6y7xh.jpg

Міністэрства культуры дазволіла камедыю «Смерць Сталіна»: паказы з 8 лютага

The fact that they banned it says a lot about what the current government's ideals and who their idols are.

This would not have been banned when Yeltsin was leading Russia, but now Communism and totalitarianism are being praised and worshiped in Russia again.
A totalitarian regime supported by Trump and admired by American conservatives.

Russia was no more ‘communist’ during the Soviet Era than it is a ‘democracy’ under Putin.

Imperial Russia, the Soviet Union, and Russia today has been consistently totalitarian, authoritarian, and hostile to individual rights and freedom of expression.

Well, I would say that they just don't want any troubles with tons of idiots, who like Stalin. Actually, the problem is mainly in Zhukov who is shown in the movie. He is esteemed here.
I'm not so sure, I've seen the movie and Zhukov seems more like a positive character, as much as can be in a parody. Well, he does execute Beria.

The three characters that are constantly made fun of are Stalin, Beria and Malenkov. Since I don't think Malenkov is popular, the logical conclusion is that offense was taken for making fun of Stalin and Beria.

Also, there seems to be an attempt to reinstate Stalin:
Russian museum discovers secret order to destroy Gulag data

Since this order is from 2014, this seems to be in connection to the WWII victory celebrations.

considering how he was a mass murderer thats a good thing,there is no comedy in that.

considering how he was a mass murderer thats a good thing,there is no comedy in that.
It wasn't like a laughing out loud comedy or like Monty Python, it was dark humor/a parody. Pretty good though.

Forum List

Back