Russia and China

Originally posted by Zhukov
Absolutely. The misspelling of afterwards was not.
:D

I believe Ronald Reagan said, "The only reasons for nuclear weapons to exist, is to ensure that they are never used."

1. Last Year China told Bush that tehy basically abandoned N.Korea and indicated it would not support it in such a military venture. (The cost/benefit is too remote after considering N.Korea's devoid economy; Thanks W.)

2. No. Russia's military (despite nulear arms) is limited at best. Russia is no longer a communist nation (if that is the supposed reasoning for why they might back China)

3. Good question. Depends on who the neighbor is.

4. It is doubtful that a political revolution would start in Russia b/c of a war w/ the U.S. More likely, Russia would support the U.S. b/c of economic reasons. However, if you mean to ask if it is possible that ex-KGB operatives might stage a coup to overtake the gov't in an effort to bring communism back to favor in the East...probably not. Even KGB didn't get perks that big under the Communists.

5. It is unlikely; but...militarily it might be in the U.S.'s interest to aid Russia in such a conflict (woe to the politician who would suggest it now). To stamp out communist China finally and do it with former communist russia would be poetic for capitalistic imperialists; China woudl be a huge trade ally after the war. Most likely; the war would be fought on the # of fronts corresponding to the # of countries involved. If Russia and China came to it; a lot of pressure would be on other countries to aid Russia (we'd be doing the pressuring). It could escalate quickly and be fought anywhere, potentially.

Putin is an ex-KGB operative. Compound that with his control of the media, and rapidly growing economy, his enormous popularity, and the positive outlook of most Russians, and you can believe that man has his thumb on that country.

There will be no coup. He will retire when he feels like it.

I believe as gop_jeff believes. In this unlikely event, Russia would most likely not get involved.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Putin is an ex-KGB operative. Compound that with his control of the media, and rapidly growing economy, his enormous popularity, and the positive outlook of most Russians, and you can believe that man has his thumb on that country.

There will be no coup. He will retire when he feels like it.

I believe as gop_jeff believes. In this unlikely event, Russia would most likely not get involved.

It sure feels pretty damn odd for me to be in agreement with you and GOP. I'd paste up a "shudder" icon if there was one.

Forum List

Back