Russia and China.........Should we be worried?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
With each passing week the news from Russia becomes increasingly glum. first, there was Moscow's meddling and blustering over the recent Ukranian presidential elections.

Then there was the sell-off and nationalization of Yukos, one of Russia's largest private oil companies. And now the latest bad news: Russia's growing military cooperation with Asia's rising superpower, China.

According to Russian Defense Minister, Sergei Ivanov, "For the first time in history, we have agreed to hold quite a large military exercise together with China on Chinese territory in the second half of the year."

the unprecedented nature of these miltary exercises- and the possible long term implications for American interests in the Pacific-- is mind boggling. After years of relative stagnation, a troubling sea change in Sino-Russian strategic relations is underway.

So what better way to fortify Moscow's increasingly weak strategic position in Europe than by teaming up with China to bolster Russia's standing in Asia?

www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/37660

Can you fix the link?

Great article and yes, I do think we need to worry....

I can see China and Russia getting together and trying to "fix" the world's "problems" (i.e. Taiwan, Israel, etc.).

freeandfun1 said:
Can you fix the link?

Great article and yes, I do think we need to worry....

I can see China and Russia getting together and trying to "fix" the world's "problems" (i.e. Taiwan, Israel, etc.).

Fixed

I think so as well. The meddling of this past election should have raised a giant red flag.......

Forum List

Back