Russert Pushes KErry on the $87 billion statement...

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
excerpt from Meet the Press 4/18/04MR. RUSSERT: And what you're referring to there at the end is that you wanted to roll back the Bush tax cut in order to pay for the $87 billion for the troops in Iraq. And yet, just a few weeks before that vote, you were on "Face the Nation" and this is what you said. "I think we need to roll back the top end of the Bush tax cut." Question...

SEN. KERRY: Right.

MR. RUSSERT: ..."If that amendment does not pass, will you then vote against the $87 billion?"

Kerry: "I don't think any United States senator is going abandon our troops and recklessly leave Iraq to whatever follows as a result of simply cutting and running. That's irresponsible. ...I don't think anyone in Congress is going to not give our troops ammunition, not give our troops the ability to be able to defend themselves."

And yet you voted against that very amount of money.

http://msnbc.msn.com/ID/4772030/

I was suprised by Russert's line of questioning. He was actually very tough on KErry and pushed him on certain things he has said that contradict other things he has said. Thats honest journalism You try to find the facts, not create them with stacked questions.

Forum List

Back