Russ Feingold running for WI Senate seat

Nyvin

Gold Member
Sep 23, 2013

A fantastic and popular candidate in a blue leaning state against an unpopular GOP incumbent in a presidential election year! This is absolutely a prime pickup opportunity for the Democrats and I think Feingold will be one of the best additions to the Senate in 2016, along with Donna Edwards!

Good for him!

My gawd, we need a frikken term LIMIT on HOW many times these people can run for AN office in our government.

they get kicked out...they just run for something else..WHAT A GIG

Last edited:
I would be inclined to say Feingold is so popular that he might actually lower the GOP's chances of carrying Wisconsin in the presidential election...

I would be inclined to say Feingold is so popular that he might actually lower the GOP's chances of carrying Wisconsin in the presidential election...

Lovely, the guy is a moonbat, but he'll fit right in with the rest of these Elected asses running our lives

Do conservatives like him after hearing that he's the ONLY senator to vote against the PATRIOT act?

He's extremely popular, and that vote is sure to give him a boost as well

A fantastic and popular candidate in a blue leaning state against an unpopular GOP incumbent in a presidential election year! This is absolutely a prime pickup opportunity for the Democrats and I think Feingold will be one of the best additions to the Senate in 2016, along with Donna Edwards!

Good for him!

Good. Then we only need to turn I think 4 of the other 23 available republican seats to take back the majority.

Given that Feingold lost a previous election, that seems strange. Feingold is popular but not that popular. Heck, many people can't even identify who else is running for election other than President. This is why even for congress and senate you try to get volunteers as close as legally allowed to the polling location to try to talk to people about not just voting for President but also voting for that candidate as well- many people haven't even thought about their senate elections.

Given that Feingold lost a previous election, that seems strange. Feingold is popular but not that popular. Heck, many people can't even identify who else is running for election other than President. This is why even for congress and senate you try to get volunteers as close as legally allowed to the polling location to try to talk to people about not just voting for President but also voting for that candidate as well- many people haven't even thought about their senate elections.

Yeah, elections in Wisconsin are almost always close since it's such a sharply divided state. Even in 2010 Ron Johnson only won by getting 51.9%. When turnout was a lot higher in 2004 Feingold won with 55.4% though, and 2004 was a "good" year for the GOP...

Feingold certainly has a lot to push out there to gain popularity though. Against the Patriot Act, against the Iraq War from the start, co-sponsored campaign finance reform...he really was an awesome Senator during his time there.

It's going to be just crazy that two of the most progressive Senators in the whole country are BOTH going to be from fricking "Wisconsin"!! wow...

Forum List

Back