Russ Feingold Claims Tea Party Values

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Things are not looking good for non-conservatives right now:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d70eP7fuq1Y&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

from Althouse: Russ Feingold and his GOP challenger Ron Johnson answer a question about how close they are to the beliefs of the Tea Party.

...AND: Instapundit links, saying:

Gee, it wasn’t long ago that Tea Partiers were a fringe group of astroturf bigots or something. Now it seems like everyone wants to be a Tea Partier! Who on earth could have seen this coming?​

The answer, of course, is: Instapundit. I must say, when those tea parties began, I thought they were kind of embarrassing. I didn't get Instapundit promoting them all the time.

Lots of people, many of them in DC are scratching their heads, they had the tea party thing 'so labeled.' Next will be the GOP, if they spend the next two years true to form.

Feingold is a big opposer to earmarks and usually votes against them. I did like him, but he blew it when he voted for ObamaCare.

When I see feingold running his pathetic ads here in Wisconsin, I just wanna PUKE! The guy is about as big of a LIBERAL as you'd ever want to see. He's been in office for far too long already and hasn't done a damn thing good for Wisconsin in years. He needs to go, and probably will be unseated by Johnson, whom I am voting for.

Nah, Johnson is the real tea bagger.

GOPer Ron Johnson: Greenland Used To Be Green

In an interview with the local ABC station in Madison, Johnson further explained that he believes global warming is caused more by "solar activity" -- he said it could be sunspots or solar flares -- than anything man is doing. (In fact, sunspot activity and overall solar radiance have gone down slightly in the last ten years, while global temperatures have gone up.) And in any case, he said that government investments in clean energy would not work and would only harm the economy.

Johnson also invoked an interesting -- though not altogether accurate -- argument supposedly proving that climate change is no biggie. "There's a reason Greenland was called Greenland," he said. "It was actually green at one point in time. And it's been, since, it's a whole lot whiter now."

It's an intriguing example -- and not quite true.

In fact, Greenland was always mostly covered in ice, though it had some very nice and inhabitable areas to spare along the giant island's coast -- somewhat like Alaska, though Greenland is even bigger overall. Its original Norse settlement founder, Erik the Red, is famously said to have given it the name "Greenland" for marketing purposes in order to attract settlers. They did in turn set up thriving settlements in the inhabitable slivers of land there that were indeed green. And ultimately, those settlements died out centuries later, for reasons that are still not totally understood.

...​

Pretty hilarious stuff. The Democrats really do believe that Voters are as dumb as they are. Common sense voters know Feingold has to go. Hopefully this will happen. Bye Bye Mr. Feingold.

Forum List

Back