Rushdie: "The pope gets ridiculed every day, but you don't see Catholic terrorists"

AgentBond007

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rushdie: "The pope gets ridiculed every day, but you don't see Catholics organizing terrorist attacks around the world"

Salman Rushdie usually demonstrates that he doesn't really have any clue about why he is under an ongoing death fatwa, but in this he is spot-on. "Islam: I don't like the word Islamophobia, Rushdie," from ANSAmed, October 2 (thanks to Insubria):

(ANSAmed) - BERLIN - Freedom of expression is a fundamental value, and in no way comparable to physical violence against others, British-Indian author Salman Rushdie said at his latest book launch on Tuesday. Titled Joseph Anton, it's a memoir of the nine years he spent in hiding after Iran's spiritual leader, the Ayatollah Khomeini, issued a death warrant against him in 1989, accusing Rushdie of blasphemy in his novel The Satanic Verses.
''The pope gets ridiculed every day, but you don't see Catholics organizing terrorist attacks around the world,'' the atheist author said. ''I don't like the word Islamophobia. We must distinguish between attacking ideas and attacking people.
:clap2:

"Islamophobia" -- mosques in colorado, mosques in alabama, mosques in texas, mosques in miami, mosques in detroit, mosques in seattle, mosques in maine. mosque in so. dakota, mosques in iowa, mosques vermont....lol... carnivals, parades, town meetings, and state fairs ? Goodbye joe.

Rushdie: "The pope gets ridiculed every day, but you don't see Catholics organizing terrorist attacks around the world"

Salman Rushdie usually demonstrates that he doesn't really have any clue about why he is under an ongoing death fatwa, but in this he is spot-on. "Islam: I don't like the word Islamophobia, Rushdie," from ANSAmed, October 2 (thanks to Insubria):

(ANSAmed) - BERLIN - Freedom of expression is a fundamental value, and in no way comparable to physical violence against others, British-Indian author Salman Rushdie said at his latest book launch on Tuesday. Titled Joseph Anton, it's a memoir of the nine years he spent in hiding after Iran's spiritual leader, the Ayatollah Khomeini, issued a death warrant against him in 1989, accusing Rushdie of blasphemy in his novel The Satanic Verses.
''The pope gets ridiculed every day, but you don't see Catholics organizing terrorist attacks around the world,'' the atheist author said. ''I don't like the word Islamophobia. We must distinguish between attacking ideas and attacking people.
:clap2:

Xtians just spread the love, maaaaannnn :lol:

040518-F-0000D-004.jpg

You obviously haven't been on the receiving end of a nun's yardstick.

The difference is that the person on that end probably did something to deserve it. I am too young for that, but my father was in catholic school when it was common, and he says 100% he deserved every whack he got.

Forum List

Back