Rush wants to know where the Union was? Mines.

why weren't the unions pickiting and and calling for osha to shut it down.....or do unions only try to protect workers that pay their dues....

Congrats on being #2 :clap2::clap2:

actully by your definition i was no one....none the less....where was osha on this.....whith such a horrible safety record why was there no picketing by the union to protect these workers ....why hadn't osha shut these guys down....

or is your opinion fuck em they were scabs....

No, it is not. But I'm sure you'll believe anything if Rush told you that was my opinion.

"RUSH: There you go. "We worked on mine safety. Byrd, Rockefeller, we worked on mine safety in the Senate. But more needs to be done." Well, they didn't get anything done. Was there no union responsibility for improving mine safety? Where was the union here? Where was the union? The union is generally holding these companies up demanding all kinds of safety. Why were these miners continuing to work in what apparently was an unsafe atmosphere?"

TalkAbout Topic: Rush wants to know where the Union was?

What an idiot. Ditto heads, defend and deflect please.

Zona....your problem is...you listen to Rush Limbaugh....its kind of as pointless as listening to that jerk on the other side of the coin....Keith Olberman...

Congrats on being #2 :clap2::clap2:

actully by your definition i was no one....none the less....where was osha on this.....whith such a horrible safety record why was there no picketing by the union to protect these workers ....why hadn't osha shut these guys down....

No, it is not. But I'm sure you'll believe anything if Rush told you that was my opinion.

i really don't give a flying fuck what rush or any other pundit has to say.....

you seem to be playing a little game....ok great have at it.....rush jr....

my question remains .....why was the union not trying to protect these workers....and why had osha not closed this place down....if it was such a danger....why is everyone giving labour and the government a free pass on protecting these people....

Fucking idiot, there was no union to picket in the first place.

Seriously, do some of you not have reading comprehension?

"Where were the unions huh? huh? Huh? How come they weren't protecting their workers from the bad safety records!?"

"Uh..it's a non-union mine."

"WHAT? LIAR! I BLAME THE UNIONS!"

:cuckoo:

"RUSH: There you go. "We worked on mine safety. Byrd, Rockefeller, we worked on mine safety in the Senate. But more needs to be done." Well, they didn't get anything done. Was there no union responsibility for improving mine safety? Where was the union here? Where was the union? The union is generally holding these companies up demanding all kinds of safety. Why were these miners continuing to work in what apparently was an unsafe atmosphere?"

TalkAbout Topic: Rush wants to know where the Union was?

What an idiot. Ditto heads, defend and deflect please.

Zona....your problem is...you listen to Rush Limbaugh....its kind of as pointless as listening to that jerk on the other side of the coin....Keith Olberman...

I do not listen to rush. Oh an Kieth Olbermann would never say these guys had a union, Rush did.
Stay on point please.

my question remains .....why was the union not trying to protect these workers....and why had osha not closed this place down....if it was such a danger....why is everyone giving labour and the government a free pass on protecting these people....

Because the owner paid a lot of republicans a lot of money to keep that place open. He actually sent a judge on a vacation, on him.

This is murder. Plain and simple. He had a lot of protection and the republicans he paid off should be ashamed.

Because the owner paid a lot of republicans a lot of money to keep that place open. He actually sent a judge on a vacation, on him.

This is murder. Plain and simple. He had a lot of protection and the republicans he paid off should be ashamed.

Absolutely, there is a lot of history on Massey and this mine in particular...

Rushbots are pathetic.

I'm having fun with this today.

Attachments

• $corporate_flag.jpg
    $corporate_flag.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 57
Union-buster Massey Energy cited 2118 times for safety violations peoplesworld

According to documents posted on MSHA's website, 2,118 citations were issued against Performance Coal Company (wholly owned by Massey) for safety violations at the Upper Big Branch mine since the year 2000. It included 495 violations and $911,802 in "proposed" fines last year.

Since 2005, Massey Energy as a whole, has been cited for 38,997 safety violations in its 35 underground and 12 mountaintop removal mines.

MSHA "proposed" fines totaling $43.5 million for those violations but the company contested the vast majority of these fines, 85 percent in 2007, for example. MSHA, then packed with former coal company executives, backed down. Massey, as one critic put it, "got away, literally, with murder," paying a combined total of only $11.8 million over that five year period.

The corporation, one of the most notorious union-busters in the nation, employs 5,400 miners who produce over 40 million tons of coal annually.

Back in 1984-1985, the company, then called AT Massey, used vicious strikebreaking tactics, with all-out support of President Ronald Reagan, to bust a strike by the United Mine Workers seeking union recognition at Massey mines in Logan County, W. Va.

Massey Energy CEO Don Blankenship reported $24 million in salary and stock options in 2007 and $11.2 million in 2008. Earlier this year, he cashed in 200,000 stock options pocketing $3.8 million

In America, this kind of crime pays big.

Actually, it was quite legal.

It's the EPA and OSHA, Stupid! | The American Prospect

Referring to the Bush/Gore election (written in 2002):

Where the election could have the biggest impact is in how well the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), and other federal regulatory agencies charged with making capitalism more humane, livable, and fair do their job. It comes down to this: Under the Democrats, the agencies would be likely to do pretty well, while under the Republicans, they could be crippled.

When Democrats have controlled the White House and the Congress, the regulatory agencies have generally thrived. When Republicans have been in control, the agencies have suffered.

(Bush) As Texas governor, he championed voluntary compliance with, rather than enforcement of, the state's environmental laws.

---------------------------------

People go on about how I'm anti Republican, but how can you not? The leaders of that party lie constantly. They work against the best interests of the nation.
If that mine owner can declare "Voluntary Complience", then it shifts the blame to the workers for knowingly working in "unsafe" conditions. Another "gift" the Republicans have given us that's still on the books.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not listen to rush. Oh an Kieth Olbermann would never say these guys had a union, Rush did.
Stay on point please.

i am staying on point.....you have said things that you said Rush said before.....so stop listening to this guy and you will be allright.....IGNORE WHAT HE SAYS....

Forum List

Back