Rush: "The Messiah (Obama) in Seismic Meltdown "

SolarEnergy1

May 18, 2007
RUSH: You know, folks -- (laughing) -- if I were advising Sarah Palin -- (laughing) -- starting with her next speech, I'd have her take out a white cloth handkerchief. I'd have her wipe off her lipstick. I'd have her say, "There, now I'm just a pit bull." And then I'd have her give the speech. The dam may have busted, ladies and gentlemen. Biden said yesterday electing Sarah Palin would be a step backwards for women. He has comment on her looks. Obama had a top financial finance guy say that Palin was irresponsible for running for vice president, even though she's already a governor, because she has a family. We've got tape, Biden in Missouri yesterday, Columbia, Missouri, at a campaign rally telling a guy in the wheelchair to stand up, "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you!" Wait 'til you here this. Barry is melting. (laughing) It's another Joe Biden blunder. (doing Biden impression) "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see you. Oh, oh, okay, everybody stand up for Chuck." (laughing) Here's The Messiah melting down yesterday.

OBAMA: You can put, uh, lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. (cheers) You know, you can, uh, you know, you can, uh, you -- you -- you can wrap an old fish in a -- in a piece of paper and call it change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing. It's time to bring about real change to Washington.

RUSH: Now, here's Obama's problem. He got out there today at a school in Virginia, and he denied that this had anything to do with Sarah Palin. The problem is the crowd cheered and laughed like crazy. They knew, or they thought, anyway, that it was about Palin, that lipstick on a pig remark, because of this Sarah Palin joke that she has been telling since the convention.

PALIN: I love those hockey moms. You know, they say the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull? Lipstick.

RUSH: Well, now, how can anybody think that Obama wasn't referencing Palin here? I kind of like seeing the tables turn on these guys. This is the kind of stuff they usually do to me but now the tables are turned on old Barry. I think the truth is, you can put lipstick on a community organizer, but it still doesn't make him presidential material. If we want to play this game, we're going to play the game with them. One thing we know about Obama's statement for sure, Democrats will tax the pig, they will tax the lipstick, and then they'll say it's okay to marry the big because it's just a lifestyle choice. Greetings, my friends, and welcome. It's the Rush Limbaugh program and the Excellence in Broadcasting Network. Telephone number here, 800-282-2882. E-mail address is [email protected].

I think Obama needs to start smoking again. I think he's losing his way. I think he looks bedraggled. I think he looks tired out there. He is off his game. This is a cheap nightclub comic act now. The only thing missing is the rim shot, you know, after he delivers his little punch lines. He needs to go out with the drink in his hand and the cigarette like Dean Martin and Sammy Davis, Jr., used to do, Flip Wilson, and have a drummer out there for rim shots. I mean, he is melting down right before our very eyes. Now, the Obama talk, ladies and gentlemen, that was not to the people, it was to the media to give them cover. He said he wants to talk about real issues, his real policies have changed, like energy, where he changed his energy policy on drilling, like taxes, where he changed his tax increase policy 'til after the recession, like Iraq, where he's changing his complete withdrawal.

Now, if I were to say something like this, anyone with pig's ears shouldn't throw pig slurs, why would anybody think I was making a direct attack on Obama? hmm? I'm just illustrating a point here. You want to see the wide-eyed fear on the looks of my staff on the other side of the glass. I'm just making a point. If I were to sit here and say, folks, just off the cuff, why would anybody with pig ears throw pig slurs, why would anybody assume I'm talking about Obama? I don't know why people would come up with that.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Remember, ladies and gentlemen, when the Iraqis went to vote they raised up purple fingers with great, great pride. When American women go to vote, they should raise lipstick red middle fingers. That's what they ought to do here because of this pig lipstick comment. Maybe women and men who are the sons, daughters, fathers, brothers of women, you know, Biden's out there insulting women, and here's Obama now directly insulting Sarah Palin. People with pig ears shouldn't throw pig slurs. Politics may have changed forever here, folks, and we've gone now from red states and blue states to red states and lipstick red states. It's just too much. Now, here's Barry today, a tense and arrogant Barry in meltdown addressing the pig lipstick comment.

OBAMA: I want to say a few words about the latest made-up controversy by the John McCain campaign. What their campaign has done this morning, uh, is the same game that has made people sick and tired of politics in this country. Uh, they seize on an innocent remark, try to take it out of context, throw up an outrageous ad because they know that it's catnip for the news media.

RUSH: Yeah. Some people thought he handled this pretty well. I happened to watch this, and I actually think he could have done himself a little bit better not apologizing. You know, you don't apologize in situations like this, but he could have been a little bit more definitive. He did say, "I was talking about McCain's economic plan," but if you listen to what he said in cut one, he didn't just insult Palin, he insulted McCain. He referred to McCain as a dead fish, a dead old fish. Now, folks, this is a mean guy. Don't forget, this is the guy in a debate with Mrs. Clinton, flipped her off, flipped her the bird by virtue of scratching his face that way, and the audience that saw it laughed. This guy gets a pass at being a sophisticated elitist nice guy, but I mean this guy is a Chicago thug politician as identified by somebody who would know, and that would be Bill Clinton. Now, here is Obama explaining himself and then, as The Messiah, declaring enough.

OBAMA: I'm talking about John McCain's economic policies. I say there's more of the same. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. And suddenly they say, "Oh, you must be talking about the governor of Alaska." See, it would be funny, it would be funny except of course the news media decided that that was the lead story yesterday. This is what they want to spend two out of the last 55 days talking about. Enough. I don't care what they say about me, but I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and swift boat politics. Enough is enough.

RUSH: Swift boat politics? So, anyway, there's Barry attacking his base, the media, blaming them for this, for basically broadcasting what he did say. Now, Obama went on to say that he wants to get this campaign back to issues. Barry, you can do it, but you don't have much to say. The problem is he cannot talk about issues because he doesn't have any. He is an empty suit. He is running on platitudes and nothings and so forth.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to go back to audio sound bite number one here, with Obama and the "lipstick on a pig" comment. Forget for a moment who he's talking about, what he's talking about. I just want you to listen to it within the context of "Does this man sound presidential? Does he sound disciplined?" I think he's coming unhinged right before our eyes. You don't hear McCain and Palin saying intemperate things that could be interpreted in incorrect ways and so forth. There's just far more discipline with both of those. Listen to this.

OBAMA: You can put, uh, lipstick on a pig. It's still a pig. (cheers) You know, you can, uh, you know, you can, uh, you -- you -- you can wrap an old fish in a -- in a piece of paper and call it change, it's still going to stink after eight years. We've had enough of the same old thing. It's time to bring about real change to Washington.

RUSH: There's that comment again, "You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change." See, I think that's about McCain. I think this is calculated. All that aside, he just does not sound presidential. He sounds thin-skinned, very, very intemperate. He just stutters, doesn't sound confident. This is not good. I guarantee you, Democrats are starting to worry. They've been worried for a long time here, but I think they're getting serious about it now. Here is last night on the NBC Nightly News. The reporter, Lee Cowan, who is traveling with Obama reported this.

The Messiah in Seismic Meltdown

Rush has the gall to accuse anyone of a meltdown? I guess all those pills he was addicted to have fried what little common sense that was left after his meltdown.

Rush has the gall to accuse anyone of a meltdown? I guess all those pills he was addicted to have fried what little common sense that was left after his meltdown.

Cmon denny----stupid people call people "stupid " here all the time--walking the walk is no longer a requirement !

Watching Obammy's campaign implode over the last few days has been orgasmic.

I think of all of my internet buddies - Manifold, Ravi, Jeepers, Modbert, Kirk - and I just start cackling at how scared and fearful they must be over what the next 2 months must hold :badgrin:

I think of all of my internet buddies - Manifold, Ravi, Jeepers, Modbert, Kirk - and I just start cackling at how scared and fearful they must be over what the next 2 months must hold :badgrin:

If you find Politics orgasmic, then you should probably go see a doctor about that.

I'm not scared nor fearful. In fact, I can't wait for the next two months because I can't wait to see what happens.

When are McCain and Palin going to talk to the press?

Cmon denny----stupid people call people "stupid " here all the time--walking the walk is no longer a requirement !

Rush is a drug addict, and his comments sound like the sensless ramblings of a person who seems to be suffering the long term effect of drug abuse.

Rush is a drug addict, and his comments sound like the sensless ramblings of a person who seems to be suffering the long term effect of drug abuse.

yo-bama did blow, he's a coke head, don't vote for him. blah blah blah, coke head, blah blah blah, blow, blah blah blah blah.

LOL.. you cats have lost Ohio... Its almost wholley in Obamas bag... With Ohio goes the election... The only fear I see is in the eyes of those dreading the dynamic duo talking to the public...

He is running on platitudes and nothings and so forth.

He's got a point here. Nothing wrong with "change and hope", Bill Clinton ran on those themes successfully, and frustrated people like Limbaugh in the process. Difference was that Clinton would also tell you the wage growth in the last quarter for 25-34 year old Latinos, or the percentage increase in the Department of Interior's appropriation for park maintenance. Obama never gives you the idea that he even knows the Department of Defense's major budget items, or what the projected liability is for Medicare.

Obama is increasingly coming across as a TV image, like Max Headroom from the 80s. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he actually doesn't exist in real life, and is really just a computer program created by David Axelrod.

I like this:
"....So, anyway, there's Barry attacking his base, the media, blaming them for this, for basically broadcasting what he did say. Now, Obama went on to say that he wants to get this campaign back to issues. Barry, you can do it, but you don't have much to say. The problem is he cannot talk about issues because he doesn't have any. He is an empty suit. He is running on platitudes and nothings and so forth."

Clinton ran on platitudes, but he had also been (the most hated ever) governor of Arkansas. And he didn't fail miserably in debates or addressing the public. He didn't talk down to the public.

Forum List

Back