Rush On Greta: So amazing!

rtwngAvngr said:
I wouldn't call it slop. It's wasn't award winning. But slop? You just don't like him because not attractive, like George Clooney. He was really balanced that day. He did talk about being disappointed about a "know quantity" not being named, but he also considered the possiblity that Bush was just getting what he wanted nonconfrontationally and we should just trust him. Those are the main views on the subject on the conservative side. Still don't QUITE understand the dislike, but the truth is, one is either a Rush fan or one is not.
:beer:

Umm, I don't look for my jollies on radio or even with visual tv. My guess, they can't see or hear me. :laugh: Not my criteria. Purely intellectual and while Rush on this issue falls short, too many of his audience always does, which he laughs at. Get it Jason, he is at best a moderate, making money on conservative fools. I am not one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Kathianne said:
Umm, I don't look for my jollies on radio or even with visual tv. My guess, they can't see or hear me. :laugh: Not my criteria. Purely intellectual and while Rush on this issue falls short, too many of his audience always does, which he laughs at. Get it Jason, he is at best a moderate, making money on conservative fools. I am not one.

Well. I guess I'm just a simple fool getting my jollies on the radio, assisting rush in his ascent to power and riches with my own shortcomings. Wow.
:eek:

Wow.

Rush is Jesse Jackson.

His audience is fools.

Everyone got it?

rtwngAvngr said:
Well. I guess I'm just a simple fool getting my jollies on the radio, assisting rush in his ascent to power and riches with my own shortcomings. Wow.
:eek:

No, that is not what I meant. He says many things that I think are worth considering. Just I'm not buying into his clarion calls. He's human, with problems and assets. Capeesh?

Kathianne said:
No, that is not what I meant. He says many things that I think are worth considering. Just I'm not buying into his clarion calls. He's human, with problems and assets. Capeesh?

What do you mean by "his clarion calls"?

We're all human with problems and assets. I agree with that. Rush doesn't claim to be perfect or problem free.

By 'clarion call' I meant his 'pronouncements'. Whether vote for GW or in the case of GWI maybe Perot, since GW! didn't quite fit the bill. Not saying I disagreed, though imagine if so many hadn't gone with Perot?

rtwngAvngr said:
:laugh:

You're kidding right! You funny lady!
:slap:

Well, you forgot this:
kathianne said:
Whether vote for GW or in the case of GWI maybe Perot, since GW! didn't quite fit the bill. Not saying I disagreed, though imagine if so many hadn't gone with Perot?

Wasn't trying to be funny, I don't do funny well.

Kathianne said:
...Purely intellectual and while Rush on this issue falls short, too many of his audience always does, which he laughs at. Get it Jason, he is at best a moderate, making money on conservative fools. I am not one.

Preach!

Still don't get the hatred. Rush is fair, and he's brilliant. Maybe he's not that smart, but just a good writer. Whatever! lOL. excuses.

rtwngAvngr said:
Rush is kicking tale on greta's show. Talking point after talking point, a machine gun of truth.
I'll bet this thread didn't go quite like you expected. :whip:

I'm not a huge fan of his simply because I don't listen to talk radio, but I have enjoyed some of his hard-hitting, no BS commentary when I have heard it. I think it would be interesting to see him go at it directly with one of the liberal TV guys, like Jon Stewart or Bill Maher (neither of whom I watch either, but have seen clips of). Maybe it's been done, I don't know.

rtwngAvngr said:
Still don't get the hatred. Rush is fair, and he's brilliant. Maybe he's not that smart, but just a good writer. Whatever! lOL. excuses.

I don't like him because he's a sloganeer. He reduces his entertainment concepts (I won't say "ideas" because I don't think he believes the things he says) to simple slogans, many of which are non-sequitors. Then he pounds the hell out of them until his followers accept them as givens. If you're not in the loop it just sounds like a cult or some stupid club. It's entertainment as propaganda. Or vice-versa.

Nuc said:
I don't like him because he's a sloganeer. He reduces his entertainment concepts (I won't say "ideas" because I don't think he believes the things he says) to simple slogans, many of which are non-sequitors. Then he pounds the hell out of them until his followers accept them as givens. If you're not in the loop it just sounds like a cult or some stupid club. It's entertainment as propaganda. Or vice-versa.

Name one sloganeered nonsequitur. Didn't we do this before?

You are totally wrong. You mistake clear concise speech, for a "slogan", I guess because noone on your side even attempts to have a point, choosing instead to be all things to all people.

I can name how the left has used a slogan to obscure the issue: "choice". why do we all know what "choice" means. What about a burglar's decision to steal? why don't we respect this "choice".

Nuc, I know you feel emboldened that Kathianne agrees with you, but her arguments against Rush are also completely acking merit and evidence, so don't get too uppity, K, jr?

Nuc said:
Yes we have and I did.
:funnyface :dunno: :finger3: :beer: :321: :finger: :boohoo: :69: :bang3:

yeah. I proved you totally wrong and showed you how the slogan was no such thing.

What was the one you found?

Then someone else found one where Rush said libs are more afraid of christians that Jihad. Apparently now, generalizations are off limits. Many of us corroborated the accuracy of this generalization. Long story short: I kicked you and your buddy's ass on that day. Why do you keep getting up for more?

rtwngAvngr said:
Nuc, I know you feel emboldened that Kathianne agrees with you, but her arguments against Rush are also completing lacking merit and evidence, so don't get too uppity, K, jr?

avngr, grow up, we all agree with each other here sometimes. Hell, you and I agree with each other on occasion, does that make you feel emboldened? I know this is too subtle for the Rush mentality, but sometimes people reach the same conclusion for different reasons.
:lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:

Nuc said:
avngr, grow up, we all agree with each other here sometimes. Hell, you and I agree with each other on occasion, does that make you feel emboldened? I know this is too subtle for the Rush mentality, but sometimes people reach the same conclusion for different reasons.
:lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala: :lalala:

and sometimes two people reach the same wrong conclusion via two diverging, yet equally faulty paths of reasoning. Don't forget that.

And I don't feel emboldened when you agree with me. Of course you feel emboldened when Kathianne agrees with you, she's somewhat of a social/organizational authority figure around here. Sort of like how I'm the papa. Did you know that many atheists hated daddy. An overdeveloped oedipus complex is a) sad and be b) is the defining psychological trait of atheists and criminals.

Forum List

Back