Rush on Cronkite...and he's correct again

Life_Long_Dem! is nothing but a pompous ass ... that really dont think.

If there is anyone he wont put down or disrespect if it fits his needs(inferiority) can we say mindless robotic SHEEP! anyone

Rush is nothing but a pompous ass and an idiot entertainer...I really dont think there is anyone he wont put down or disrespect if it fits his needs(ratings) to do so and his 15 million"DITTOHEADS" that follow his every word like its the word of GOD.....can we say mindless robotic SHEEP! anyone

Life long dildo,
I'm listening to Rush's show right now, he's had me laughing most of the morning. He's been playing clips from your heros....... Barney, Nancy and Barry...... he has been speeding them up to demonstrate how they are trying to pass as much garbage as possible in the shortest amount of time. Rush is right and that drives hacks like you and your heros, crazy, that's hilarious too.:lol::lol::lol:

Hey Sit... Where did you get that photo of President Hussein for your avatar?

Let the record reflect that AS IS TYPICAL, not a single leftist has spoken to the content of the OP; opting instead to spew vitriol and ad hom idiocy.

Rush was correct on this. What is again compelling about these high profile journalists who retire is their open emergence as hard left liberals. One must then logically assume this liberalism played signifcant factors in their choice and reporting of the news.

Thank God for cable news, and the Internet...

RUSH: Howard in Springfield, Illinois, hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: Yes, sir.

CALLER: I heard you mention Walter Cronkite earlier and it really fired me up. I feel that he did more single-handedly than any other American to cost us lives in Vietnam when he got on the news and said we cannot win, we need to get out of Vietnam, the will to win in Vietnam went south, even more than Hanoi Jane, people trusted him and he used his own personal opinion and he literally cost us combat troops in waiting for the --

RUSH: Yeah, that was about the Tet offensive. The Tet offensive was a surprise invasion of the south by the North Vietnamese, and we repelled it, and they took significant casualties, the north did. The Tet offensive was actually very successful, but that's, I think, when Cronkite said, (impersonating Cronkite) "To this reporter, it's clear that this war is lost." (muttering.)

CALLER: He lost us lives.

RUSH: I was talking to my buddy, F. Lee Levin last night, and F. Lee has an interesting theory on why Cronkite was loved and adored. And see what you think of this, because he looks like Walt Disney or looked like Walt Disney. The mustache, the hairstyle, the engaging avuncular grandfatherly look. Everybody loved Disney and they associated him with all the wonderful things that Disney was back then. I think there's some merit to that, but aside from Huntley, Brinkley and the then just bursting on the scene ABC, Cronkite was it. And I remember Lyndon Johnson said, "If I've lost Cronkite I've lost the American people." And, see, the Drive-Bys today hanker and just hope to have that kind of power once again. They never will because the market's now too varied. But a lot of people share your view about Cronkite. I grew up, my dad just thought they were all a bunch of liberal biased phonies. Dad was right. The only time my dad was wrong that I could ever remember was when he told me I would not amount to anything if I didn't go to college. He later in life learned, tough to admit, but he admitted he was wrong. Yeah, you're talking about the Tet offensive, and Cronkite, after he retired and started speaking out, the real Cronkite then surfaced. It was there for one and all to see and hear about, you know, what he really was. He was just a classic liberal that in many ways defined what journalism is today.

CALLER: It just burns me up that he gets so many accolades when he actually cost us I believe probably 10,000 American lives when they were withdrawn to the populated areas to let the Vietnamese Vietnamize the war and we lost troops for another two-and-half years that were totally demoralized because the people back home --

RUSH: Yeah, but you can't just give Cronkite alone the credit. You gotta spread it around, guys like Bob McNamara who recently passed away at age 92, I mean these guys are -- David Halberstam wrote about it, The Best and the Brightest. They hadn't the slightest idea what they were doing, running a war from the White House. Anyway, Howard, I appreciate the call.
Michael Weiner [Savage] went after Cronkite yesterday, almost word for word.
I guess he was thinking his ban from the UK had been lifted, but he took off today to meet with his lawyers, because the new guy over there kept the ban in place. Pity LOL

CALLER: I heard you mention Walter Cronkite earlier and it really fired me up. I feel that he did more single-handedly than any other American to cost us lives in Vietnam when he got on the news and said we cannot win, we need to get out of Vietnam, the will to win in Vietnam went south, even more than Hanoi Jane, people trusted him and he used his own personal opinion and he literally cost us combat troops in waiting for the --

RUSH: Yeah, that was about the Tet offensive. The Tet offensive was a surprise invasion of the south by the North Vietnamese, and we repelled it, and they took significant casualties, the north did. The Tet offensive was actually very successful, but that's, I think, when Cronkite said, (impersonating Cronkite) "To this reporter, it's clear that this war is lost." (muttering.)

RUSH: I was talking to my buddy, F. Lee Levin last night, and F. Lee has an interesting theory on why Cronkite was loved and adored. And see what you think of this, because he looks like Walt Disney or looked like Walt Disney. The mustache, the hairstyle, the engaging avuncular grandfatherly look. Everybody loved Disney and they associated him with all the wonderful things that Disney was back then. I think there's some merit to that, but aside from Huntley, Brinkley and the then just bursting on the scene ABC, Cronkite was it. And I remember Lyndon Johnson said, "If I've lost Cronkite I've lost the American people." And, see, the Drive-Bys today hanker and just hope to have that kind of power once again. They never will because the market's now too varied. But a lot of people share your view about Cronkite. I grew up, my dad just thought they were all a bunch of liberal biased phonies. Dad was right. The only time my dad was wrong that I could ever remember was when he told me I would not amount to anything if I didn't go to college. He later in life learned, tough to admit, but he admitted he was wrong. Yeah, you're talking about the Tet offensive, and Cronkite, after he retired and started speaking out, the real Cronkite then surfaced. It was there for one and all to see and hear about, you know, what he really was. He was just a classic liberal that in many ways defined what journalism is today.

CALLER: It just burns me up that he gets so many accolades when he actually cost us I believe probably 10,000 American lives when they were withdrawn to the populated areas to let the Vietnamese Vietnamize the war and we lost troops for another two-and-half years that were totally demoralized because the people back home --

RUSH: Yeah, but you can't just give Cronkite alone the credit. You gotta spread it around, guys like Bob McNamara who recently passed away at age 92, I mean these guys are -- David Halberstam wrote about it, The Best and the Brightest. They hadn't the slightest idea what they were doing, running a war from the White House. Anyway, Howard, I appreciate the call.

you tell em rush!!! great patriots like you stood up when the bugle sounded and went off to fight the vietnam war!!! you know of what you speak, these liberal cowards cost brave men like yourself a victory in that war with their reporting of it, thank you for your service rush!!!!!! .......oh.... what's that......... rush avoided vietnam because he had a pilonidal cyst? whats a pilonidal cyst and why couldnt it be treated so he could go to the war? oh never mind.

you tell em rush!!! great patriots like you stood up when the bugle sounded and went off to fight the vietnam war!!! you know of what you speak, these liberal cowards cost brave men like yourself a victory in that war with their reporting of it, thank you for your service rush!!!!!! .......oh.... what's that......... rush avoided vietnam because he had a pilonidal cyst? whats a pilonidal cyst and why couldnt it be treated so he could go to the war? oh never mind.

Let's ask Joe Biden about Rush's cyst.

go right a head, i am guessing biden might have actually opposed the vietnam war when he avoided it while great patriots like rush totally support wars as long as they are the ones not getting shot at.

go right a head, i am guessing biden might have actually opposed the vietnam war when he avoided it while great patriots like rush totally support wars as long as they are the ones not getting shot at.

Biden opposed it because he thought Vietnam was in another solar system and he didn't want to get put in a spaceship to fight aliens

Biden opposed it because he thought Vietnam was in another solar system and he didn't want to get put in a spaceship to fight aliens

aliens are scary plus they have ray guns.

I have not seen anything but the Vietnam War as the reason to dislike this great journalist, any other reason I should be aware of?

Well, that's like asking Mrs. Lincoln, but besides that, how did you enjoy the play?

aliens are scary plus they have ray guns.

LOL yeah but come on, Noose, if you and the Marines went after the aliens, my money would be on you guys.

Rush Limbaugh was a draft dodger who if he had an ounce of integrity would have praised Cronkite for his honesty. That anyone listens or reads the fat hypocrite is simply beyond common sense, that he makes millions, spends it on expensive French wines and foreign cars only adds another wart to a genuine asshole who has done nothing for America and hid when he could have served. Pure scum.

Uncouth Ruminations: The Fascism of Rush Limbaugh

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis: I: Projecting Fascism

I have not seen anything but the Vietnam War as the reason to dislike this great journalist, any other reason I should be aware of?

personally, i think he's full of shit and he's no more a journalist than bill maher is.

But why the disdain besides the war? Just asking.

i'm just not real big on self-aggrandizing loudmouths of any political stripe, i guess. he's an entertainer, imo, and not someone to be taken seriously.

Forum List

Back