Rush on Cronkite...and he's correct again

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
RUSH: Howard in Springfield, Illinois, hi.

CALLER: Hey, Rush, thanks for taking my call.

RUSH: Yes, sir.

CALLER: I heard you mention Walter Cronkite earlier and it really fired me up. I feel that he did more single-handedly than any other American to cost us lives in Vietnam when he got on the news and said we cannot win, we need to get out of Vietnam, the will to win in Vietnam went south, even more than Hanoi Jane, people trusted him and he used his own personal opinion and he literally cost us combat troops in waiting for the --

RUSH: Yeah, that was about the Tet offensive. The Tet offensive was a surprise invasion of the south by the North Vietnamese, and we repelled it, and they took significant casualties, the north did. The Tet offensive was actually very successful, but that's, I think, when Cronkite said, (impersonating Cronkite) "To this reporter, it's clear that this war is lost." (muttering.)

CALLER: He lost us lives.

RUSH: I was talking to my buddy, F. Lee Levin last night, and F. Lee has an interesting theory on why Cronkite was loved and adored. And see what you think of this, because he looks like Walt Disney or looked like Walt Disney. The mustache, the hairstyle, the engaging avuncular grandfatherly look. Everybody loved Disney and they associated him with all the wonderful things that Disney was back then. I think there's some merit to that, but aside from Huntley, Brinkley and the then just bursting on the scene ABC, Cronkite was it. And I remember Lyndon Johnson said, "If I've lost Cronkite I've lost the American people." And, see, the Drive-Bys today hanker and just hope to have that kind of power once again. They never will because the market's now too varied. But a lot of people share your view about Cronkite. I grew up, my dad just thought they were all a bunch of liberal biased phonies. Dad was right. The only time my dad was wrong that I could ever remember was when he told me I would not amount to anything if I didn't go to college. He later in life learned, tough to admit, but he admitted he was wrong. Yeah, you're talking about the Tet offensive, and Cronkite, after he retired and started speaking out, the real Cronkite then surfaced. It was there for one and all to see and hear about, you know, what he really was. He was just a classic liberal that in many ways defined what journalism is today.

CALLER: It just burns me up that he gets so many accolades when he actually cost us I believe probably 10,000 American lives when they were withdrawn to the populated areas to let the Vietnamese Vietnamize the war and we lost troops for another two-and-half years that were totally demoralized because the people back home --

RUSH: Yeah, but you can't just give Cronkite alone the credit. You gotta spread it around, guys like Bob McNamara who recently passed away at age 92, I mean these guys are -- David Halberstam wrote about it, The Best and the Brightest. They hadn't the slightest idea what they were doing, running a war from the White House. Anyway, Howard, I appreciate the call.

Rush is nothing but a pompous ass and an idiot entertainer...I really dont think there is anyone he wont put down or disrespect if it fits his needs(ratings) to do so and his 15 million"DITTOHEADS" that follow his every word like its the word of GOD.....can we say mindless robotic SHEEP! anyone

can we say mindless robotic SHEEP! anyone

Being a long time dem you are one:cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

umm EXCUSE ME! no I am not, I don't watch ANY all news networks at all and don't follow the "pundints " I get my news from all the alternative...non corporate owned websites out there, and think for myself on what to believe or not believe. I am an educated, independent thinker thank you so kindly. As hard as it is for you to believe there are actually educated people out there, not all are lazy, dimwitted folk that you so obviously and ignorantly think democrats are.

Last edited:
Rush is nothing but a pompous ass and an idiot entertainer...I really dont think there is anyone he wont put down or disrespect if it fits his needs(ratings) to do so and his 15 million"DITTOHEADS" that follow his every word like its the word of GOD.....can we say mindless robotic SHEEP! anyone

You have no idea how hysterically funny that is coming from a guy with a Marxist as his icon

Oh yeah! That's right out of the kook left playbook.:cuckoo: What an INDEPENDENT thinker:lol:

Regardless of Rush's opinion, Cronkite flubbed the reporting of the Tet Offensive at a critical moment in history.

Had the Tet Offensive been reported by World-War-Two era reporters, it would've been hailed as a massive victory. But no. We had Walter Cronkite.

Last edited:

Life long dildo,
I'm listening to Rush's show right now, he's had me laughing most of the morning. He's been playing clips from your heros....... Barney, Nancy and Barry...... he has been speeding them up to demonstrate how they are trying to pass as much garbage as possible in the shortest amount of time. Rush is right and that drives hacks like you and your heros, crazy, that's hilarious too.:lol::lol::lol:

Being a long time dem you are one:cuckoo:

umm EXCUSE ME! no I am not, I don't watch ANY all news networks at all and don't follow the "pundints " I get my news from all the alternative...non corporate owned websites out there, and think for myself on what to believe or not believe. I am an educated, independent thinker thank you so kindly. As hard as it is for you to believe there are actually educated people out there, not all are lazy, dimwitted folk that you so obviously and ignorantly think democrats are.[/QUOTE]

me thinks thou doth protests too much... :cuckoo:

umm EXCUSE ME! no I am not, I don't watch ANY all news networks at all and don't follow the "pundints " I get my news from all the alternative...non corporate owned websites out there, and think for myself on what to believe or not believe. I am an educated, independent thinker thank you so kindly. As hard as it is for you to believe there are actually educated people out there, not all are lazy, dimwitted folk that you so obviously and ignorantly think democrats are.

me thinks thou doth protests too much... :cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

First of all, if Rush is so great, why isn't he on TV? He has a face for radio.

And rush isn't even as popular as they suggest. It doesn't matter. The most important thing is to have someone on everyday pitching their lies. That's why he is so well paid.

Think about how much politicians pay for advertising. Millions for 30 seconds. And Rush gets to talk for 3 hours a day, all across the country, on a million different stations? That's priceless.

PS. Ed Schultz challanged Rush. Rush won't accept because he's a liar and will be exposed. So you guys who want Obama to debate Rush need to know Rush is a coward pussy drug addict. The typical right winger.

He is the face of the GOP.

me thinks thou doth protests too much... :cuckoo:

First of all, if Rush is so great, why isn't he on TV? He has a face for radio.

And rush isn't even as popular as they suggest. It doesn't matter. The most important thing is to have someone on everyday pitching their lies. That's why he is so well paid.

Think about how much politicians pay for advertising. Millions for 30 seconds. And Rush gets to talk for 3 hours a day, all across the country, on a million different stations? That's priceless.

PS. Ed Schultz challanged Rush. Rush won't accept because he's a liar and will be exposed. So you guys who want Obama to debate Rush need to know Rush is a coward pussy drug addict. The typical right winger.

He is the face of the GOP.[/QUOTE]

This gal is a kook....Rush makes more money and has a greater audience than all the network teleprocter read know nothings put together.

Forum List

Back