Rush Lying ... Again

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
Yesterday on his radio show, conservative talker Rush Limbaugh falsely claimed that Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) is “Arab.” “He’s Arab. You know, he’s from Africa. He’s from Arab parts of Africa,” Limbaugh claimed.

Today Limbaugh repeated the lie. While attempting to deny that race may play a role in the presidential campaign, Limbaugh read portions of a Philadelphia Daily News article by Dave Davies. Limbaugh inaccurately quoted Davies’s article, inserting the word “Arab” into a description of Obama’s ethnicity. According to Limbaugh, the article read:

Obama’s name and his Arab-African heritage are obstacles to the party’s chances of capturing the White House, party activists are finding.

In reality, Davies’s article reads:

Obama’s name and his African heritage are obstacles to the party’s chances of capturing the White House, party activists are finding.

Think Progress Limbaugh Repeats Myth That Obama Is Of ‘Arab-African’ Descent

If Rush is talking, he's lying.

He is an entertainer, who the hell cares what he says? I notice none of you mind when Robin Williams or other entertainers go off on wild tangents about Bush and Company.

Wake the hell up, Rush says stuff for effect and ratings and it works. Most of his listeners know a lot of what he says is inflated or simply fake, he does it cause it sounds good and sells.

Anyone listening to Rush for NEWS is a dumb shit. Remind us how you just hated Air America with the Liberal idiot talking heads?

He is an entertainer, who the hell cares what he says? I notice none of you mind when Robin Williams or other entertainers go off on wild tangents about Bush and Company.

Wake the hell up, Rush says stuff for effect and ratings and it works. Most of his listeners know a lot of what he says is inflated or simply fake, he does it cause it sounds good and sells.

Anyone listening to Rush for NEWS is a dumb shit. Remind us how you just hated Air America with the Liberal idiot talking heads?

BIG difference, Rush is actually claiming his statements are true while the others make it very clear they are comedians and trying to be funny. Also, many comedians are also republican and some even voted for Bush. They use what makes more people laugh because .... shocking I know .... they get paid to make people laugh. Rush tries to pawn his shit as fact, then anyone who disagrees with him is called a 'feminazi' or 'liberal-gay-lover'.

sssssssssssshhhhhh, don't interfere with their faux outrage, you know whiny little liberals have a handwritten hypocritical playbood.

Forget to take your meds this morning? :cool:

BIG difference, Rush is actually claiming his statements are true while the others make it very clear they are comedians and trying to be funny. Also, many comedians are also republican and some even voted for Bush. They use what makes more people laugh because .... shocking I know .... they get paid to make people laugh. Rush tries to pawn his shit as fact, then anyone who disagrees with him is called a 'feminazi' or 'liberal-gay-lover'.

BULL shit. Every comedian that hates Bush does no such thing as say their jokes are just for fun. But hey nice try. Ohh and Rush has on numerous occasions made it clear he is making jokes and everything he says is NOT true or to be taken as truth.

AGAIN Rush is an ENTERTAINER and a VERY good one at that as proven by his continued business. Remind us all how well Air America is doing?

BULL shit. Every comedian that hates Bush does no such thing as say their jokes are just for fun. But hey nice try. Ohh and Rush has on numerous occasions made it clear he is making jokes and everything he says is NOT true or to be taken as truth.

AGAIN Rush is an ENTERTAINER and a VERY good one at that as proven by his continued business. Remind us all how well Air America is doing?

Sure .. and the sky is green?

Most of America are descendants of slave traders. My family (both sides) came in after the American slave trade mistakes but even then, England had slave trade to, as did Germany.

Who cares what he says? The dittoheads who actually vote the way he tells them to.

Which makes his lies and incendiary actions disgraceful...

When someone like Al Sharpton does it, you know it's race baiting and he should be condemned. Yet, the same realization doesn't exist with respect to losers like Rush?

I think you're smarter than that

Where do you think the name "Obama" comes from, Idiots?
Is it Irish? Is it English?

He's not lying, you guys just like to deny thte truth. He's not an Arab national, one assumes, but he's got siblings all over the African continent, and an ARAB last name.

What a bunch of morons.

He's not lying, you guys just like to deny thte truth. He's not an Arab national, one assumes, but he's got siblings all over the African continent, and an ARAB last name.

What a bunch of morons.

After an etymology search, the results:

NA - Not Found - No historical reference - No origin determined - Nothing.

Try again.

I know what it is, and so do you.

Unless you're contending it's a made-up name. Why don't you do a search on his parentage?

Moron.

Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii to a Kenyan father and an American mother. According to the U.S. Senate Historical Office, he is the fifth African American Senator in U.S. history and is one of the Democratic candidates for President in 2008.

>> Tips for Reading This Family Tree

First Generation:

1. Barack Hussein OBAMA was born on 4 August 1961 at the Queen's Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Hussein OBAMA, Sr. of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya, and Ann DUNHAM of Wichita, Kansas. His parents met while both were attending the East-West Center of the University of Hawaii at Manoa, where his father was enrolled as a foreign student. When Barack Obama was two years old, his parents divorced and his father moved to Connecticut to continue his education before returning to Kenya.When Obama was six, his mother married Lolo Soetoro, an Indonesian oil manager. In 1967, when Soetoro's student visa was revoked because of political unrest in Indonesia, Dunham and Barack, then in first grade, accompanied him to Jakarta, Indonesia. Obama's half-sister, Maya Soetoro was born after the family moved to Indonesia. Four years later she sent him back to the United States to live with his maternal grandmother.

Barack Obama graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he met his future wife, Michelle Robinson. They have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
Second Generation (Parents):

2. Barack Hussein OBAMA Sr. was born in 1936 in Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya and died in a car crash in Nairobi, Kenya in 1982, leaving three wives, six sons and a daughter. All but one of his children live in Britain or the United States. One of the brothers died in 1984. He is buried in the village of Nyangoma-Kogelo, Siaya District, Kenya.3. Stanley Ann DUNHAM was born on 27 November 1942 in Wichita, Kansas and died 7 November 1995 of ovarian cancer.

Barack Hussein OBAMA Sr. and Stanley Ann DUNHAM were married in 1960 in Hawaii and had the following children:

1 i. Barack Hussein OBAMA, Jr.

Third Generation (Grandparents):

4. Hussein Onyango OBAMA was born about 1895 and died in 1979. Before settling down to work as a cook for missionaries in Nairobi he was a traveler. Recruited to fight for colonial power England in World War I, he visited Europe and India, and afterward lived for a time in Zanzibar, where he converted from Christianity to Islam, family members said.

5. Akumu

Hussein Onyango OBAMA had several wives. His first wife was Helima, with whom he had no children. Second, he married Akuma and they had the following children:

i. Sarah OBAMA
1. ii. Barack Hussein OBAMA, Sr.
iii. Auma OBAMA

Onyango's third wife was Sarah, the one often referred to by Barack as his "grandmother." She was the primary caregiver for Barack OBAMA Sr. after his mother, Akuma, left the family when her children were still young.6. Stanley Armour DUNHAM was born on 23 March 1918 in Kansas and died 8 February 1992 in Honolulu, Hawaii. He is buried in Punchbowl National Cemetery, Honolulu, Hawaii.

7. Madelyn Lee PAYNE was born in 1922 in Wichita, Kansas. She currently lives in Oahu, Hawaii.

Stanley Armour DUNHAM and Madelyn Lee PAYNE were married on 5 May 1940, and had the following children:

You asked for it, it is a Hawaiian name, and it sounds like it. Remember them, they are American.

What a bunch of morons.

kenya is not an arab nation. do some arabs live there? sure, just as some live in the US. but it is NOT an arab country, and anyone who thinks kenya is arab is an idiot. here, see what countries are in the arab world
Arab World - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama is a fairly common name among the Luo tribe, if i remember correctly. the 3rd largest tribe in kenya. Barrack is based off the swahili word for blessing or God's blessing (Barakallah). how do i know this? i lived in kenya. how bout you allie?

Doesn't matter. His name is Arabian and African.

The countries change their borders and their affiliations all the time. THat's why it's such a wonderful, safe place to live.

"Question: What does Barack Obama's name mean?

Email rumors have charged that U.S. Presidential hopeful Barack Obama is a practing Muslim, a rumor that has since been proven false. However, Senator Obama does have an unusual name which reflects his African Muslim heritage.

Answer: Senator Obama was reportedly named after his father, Barack Hussein Obama, Sr.

The Senator's first name, Barack, is a Swahili name that has its origins in the Arabic language. The original Arabic root of the name (B-R-K) means "blessed." In Arabic, the root word is used in many other phrases to denote blessings and to describe people who are blessed:
Mabruk! = "Congratulations!"
Barakallah feek = "May God bless you"
Barakah = blessings from God (feminine version of the name)
Senator Obama's middle name is Hussein, which was his grandfather's first name. The name, of Arabic origin, means "good" or "handsome one." It is common in Muslim cultures for children (both boys and girls) to have a middle name which directly connects them to their father or grandfather.Senator Obama's surname is not uncommon among the Luo tribe, one of the three largest ethnic groups in Kenya. They speak the Dhoulou language.

Mainly, it's a Muslim thing, though.
What does Barack Obama's name mean?

Forum List

Back