Rush Limbaugh's Stimulus Package

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Fifty-three percent of American voters voted for Barack Obama; 46% voted for John McCain, and 1% voted for wackos. Give that 1% to President Obama. Let's say the vote was 54% to 46%. As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009: 54% of the $900 billion -- $486 billion -- will be spent on infrastructure and pork as defined by Mr. Obama and the Democrats; 46% -- $414 billion -- will be directed toward tax cuts, as determined by me.

I say, cut the U.S. corporate tax rate -- at 35%, among the highest of all industrialized nations -- in half. Suspend the capital gains tax for a year to incentivize new investment, after which it would be reimposed at 10%. Then get out of the way! Once Wall Street starts ticking up 500 points a day, the rest of the private sector will follow. There's no reason to tell the American people their future is bleak. There's no reason, as the administration is doing, to depress their hopes. There's no reason to insist that recovery can't happen quickly, because it can.

In this new era of responsibility, let's use both Keynesians and supply-siders to responsibly determine which theory best stimulates our economy -- and if elements of both work, so much the better. The American people are made up of Republicans, Democrats, independents and moderates, but our economy doesn't know the difference. This is about jobs now.

The economic crisis is an opportunity to unify people, if we set aside the politics. The leader of the Democrats and the leader of the Republicans (me, according to Mr. Obama) can get it done. This will have the overwhelming support of the American people. Let's stop the acrimony. Let's start solving our problems, together. Why wait one more day?

Rush is a pill-popping drug addict, who's been divorced three times, and goes to the Dominican Republic on sex tourism prostitution "vacations".

I really don't want to hear the words "package" and "stimulus" in the same sentence as that fat ass pill popping pervert. It's disturbing and alarming.

Yup, that's sure the way the right did it when they were in charge of the senate and house.

Rush is an entertainer who found the "right" buttons to push to make money off his ditto heads. No more than that.

So far all the meetings with the right have been ending with the right saying no compromise. Sooner or later, the dems need to say, tuff shit, we won, we are the majority, if you refuse to work together, then we will have to work alone.

I have always worked this way in my jobs of trying to bring both sides to a working agreement. If I had a side that refused to budge and they were not the majority, at some time you tell them so and move on.

It's really sad that the President of the United States would make any talk show host (entertainer) this important in our nations workings and most of all at such a important time like this.

The guy puts on a show to provide an income for himself. He rants and carries on, he entertains people, just as Bill Mar does and just as so many others do.

I can take Limpballs with a grain of salt, but, what bothers me is that Obama and his team makes a person like this so important.

I must be in the minority in that thinking.

Do I listen to Limpballs? Sure on occasion I do, just as on occasion I tune in Bill Mar. They are both pompous asses and I can only take so much of them, but, they can also be pretty funny and rip off some good satire. Lately though thanks to Obama, I have been listening to Rush everyday and not just for my normal 30 minutes, but, for his entire show. So I wonder, how many others who normally would not tune Rush in are now thanks to Obama?

:clap2:

Excellent! Rush is proposing the same shit that hasn't worked for the last eight years. I hope the Republicans listen to him and present this as their idea.

I don't like Rush, but I his ideas deserve some closer attention.

If we did eliminate capital gains taxes for 3 months we would see a wild swing up and then a wild swing down when the 3 months expire. A quick profit taking by investors on Wall Street never hurt anyone.

I would be all for cutting the corporate tax rate from 35% to 17.5% except we cannot cut taxes and spend, cut taxes and spend, cut taxes and spend. This is how we got into this mess in the first place. Plus, I highly doubt if companies would stop cutting jobs if their taxes were cut in half.

Any tax cut is a short-term relief and we cannot lower taxes the same way Reagan did, only because taxes are nowhere near as high as they were. Rush Limbaugh talks about how other countries have lower taxes.. and that's all well and good, but other countries don't spend nearly as much as we do on defense nor any of the other programs the government has that increased in size over Reagan's, Bush 1's, Clinton's and Bush 2's administrations. Our government has been increasing in size for decades and there isn't anyone out there who will reduce the size of it. It's just not possible... our government needs to be this big.

No we got into it by giving tax cuts in the middle of two wars and deregulating the banking and securities market.

Moodys on effective stimulus methods

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moody's Economy.com Login

They studied what types of stimulus work to create more dollar bang per buck.

UI benifits return 1.64 per buck
Food stamps return 1.73 per buck
General state aid return 1.36 per busk
Infrastructure spending return 1.59 per buck

Permenent tax cuts?????

well they return 0.30 per buck

I don't like Rush, but I his ideas deserve some closer attention.

If we did eliminate capital gains taxes for 3 months we would see a wild swing up and then a wild swing down when the 3 months expire. A quick profit taking by investors on Wall Street never hurt anyone.

Anything that would bring money out from under the mattresses would help.

Certainly a lot of investors might be willing to take their profits (whatever's left of them, I mean) if they didn't have to pay taxes on them.

I would be all for cutting the corporate tax rate from 35% to 17.5% except we cannot cut taxes and spend, cut taxes and spend, cut taxes and spend. This is how we got into this mess in the first place. Plus, I highly doubt if companies would stop cutting jobs if their taxes were cut in half.

Yeah, I agree...they wouldn't.

Any tax cut is a short-term relief and we cannot lower taxes the same way Reagan did, only because taxes are nowhere near as high as they were. Rush Limbaugh talks about how other countries have lower taxes.. and that's all well and good, but other countries don't spend nearly as much as we do on defense nor any of the other programs the government has that increased in size over Reagan's, Bush 1's, Clinton's and Bush 2's administrations. Our government has been increasing in size for decades and there isn't anyone out there who will reduce the size of it. It's just not possible... our government needs to be this big.

Absolutely right.

Why are our taxes so high?

Empire is expensive.

Last edited:
No its republican policies which are expensive.

Look what their choices have done to this country

Yup, that's sure the way the right did it when they were in charge of the senate and house.

Rush is an entertainer who found the "right" buttons to push to make money off his ditto heads. No more than that.

So far all the meetings with the right have been ending with the right saying no compromise. Sooner or later, the dems need to say, tuff shit, we won, we are the majority, if you refuse to work together, then we will have to work alone.

I have always worked this way in my jobs of trying to bring both sides to a working agreement. If I had a side that refused to budge and they were not the majority, at some time you tell them so and move on.

rayboy - The problem for the Dems is they need the Republicans so they can share the blame when their ideas fail... Mark my words the Dems are not very happy about no Republican support for this bailout/spending package...

No its republican policies which are expensive.

Look what their choices have done to this country

Let me break this to you... It's not the Republicans that are raping our future generations with this 1 trill spending spree...Just FYI, since you couldn't figure that one out yourself.

Actually, I kind of like this idea, though I'd put more towards payroll tax deduction rather than corporate tax cuts. I'd also waive the maximum allowable losses on capital losses from $3000 to the amount which would bring taxes down to zero for the next two years.

Rush is a pill-popping drug addict, who's been divorced three times, and goes to the Dominican Republic on sex tourism prostitution "vacations".

I really don't want to hear the words "package" and "stimulus" in the same sentence as that fat ass pill popping pervert. It's disturbing and alarming.

In 2009, being a pill popping drug addict who's been divorced three times, and hires prostitutes, isn't a problem at all thanks to our lovely society. Our affirmative action president has admitted to being a coke head (hey, at least he admitted it, right?) in the past. If that clown can become president of the united states, Rush Limbaugh should be a unanimous selection into the world's greatest humans to ever live hall of fame. What a petty, and insecure president we have that he must address a radio personality. Pathetic.

What a petty, and insecure president we have that he must address a radio personality. Pathetic.
Why bring George H. W. into this?

Unless GWB is the current president, he has absolutely nothing to do with my post. Although, now that you mention him, I don't recall him replying to anyone on air america. He probably thought that being the leader of the free world entitled him to completely ignore any petty radio, or television personalities. Obviously, our Affirmative Action president is having a little hollywood spat with a person who is a radio entertainer. Pathetic. Maybe the clown that's renting out the white house should make a rap song to reply to Mr. Limbaugh. It seems that would be more of his style.

Fifty-three percent of American voters voted for Barack Obama; 46% voted for John McCain, and 1% voted for wackos. Give that 1% to President Obama. Let's say the vote was 54% to 46%. As a way to bring the country together and at the same time determine the most effective way to deal with recessions, under the Obama-Limbaugh Stimulus Plan of 2009: 54% of the $900 billion -- $486 billion -- will be spent on infrastructure and pork as defined by Mr. Obama and the Democrats; 46% -- $414 billion -- will be directed toward tax cuts, as determined by me.

I say, cut the U.S. corporate tax rate -- at 35%, among the highest of all industrialized nations -- in half. Suspend the capital gains tax for a year to incentivize new investment, after which it would be reimposed at 10%. Then get out of the way! Once Wall Street starts ticking up 500 points a day, the rest of the private sector will follow. There's no reason to tell the American people their future is bleak. There's no reason, as the administration is doing, to depress their hopes. There's no reason to insist that recovery can't happen quickly, because it can.

In this new era of responsibility, let's use both Keynesians and supply-siders to responsibly determine which theory best stimulates our economy -- and if elements of both work, so much the better. The American people are made up of Republicans, Democrats, independents and moderates, but our economy doesn't know the difference. This is about jobs now.

The economic crisis is an opportunity to unify people, if we set aside the politics. The leader of the Democrats and the leader of the Republicans (me, according to Mr. Obama) can get it done. This will have the overwhelming support of the American people. Let's stop the acrimony. Let's start solving our problems, together. Why wait one more day?

What is probably going to happen now that this plan is in the much more conservative Senate and reality that Obama absolutely MUST have some significant Republican support for his plan.

1) Most ALL the non-stimulus social spending will be cut.

2) Some of the further out spending will be dropped

3) Some infrastructure and direct stimulus (simply cash payments to individuals) will actually increase

4) There will be much more direct stimulus to the housing sector.

5) There will be increased tax cuts, mostly in lowering of middle class tax rates and reduce corporate and capital gains rates....maybe an increase in the cap on capital losses.

House will grumble, try and put some of the non-stimulus spending back in, Senate will block, House will cave, Obama will sign

Forum List

Back