Rush Limbaugh’s Ratings Are In a State Of Complete Collapse

Prediction....
Rush Limbaugh will be dropped for Randi Rhodes on the NYC station....

Randi has been known to bring huge ratings wherever she has been...... :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, such huge ratings that she's quitting radio. She's pulling the plug on her vast network of 35 stations spread across a few of our fifty states.

And I predict pretty soon JoeB will be along to tell us it's because no one would advertise on her show, forcing all 35 stations to air PSAs and self-promos instead.

There is very little correlation between quality and ratings.
Andy Dean and Gregg Knapp are Conservatives who deal with issues IN DEPTH and CONTEXT; they both have great voices and Dean, in particular, is wickedly funny.
Hannity, Levin and Medford are pure superficial pap.
Rush is quite entertaining when he's not pushing for Asian slaves.

As I have said before, Savage is creaming Limbaugh in the App and Radio Streaming World.

Limbaugh's claim that he single handedly saved AM radio from becoming nothing but police calls is accurate. Limbaugh created talk radio twenty years ago and liberals have been falling by the wayside ever since. I wonder how that ZaZa Gabor impersonator Huffington babe would do on talk radio. Relax lefties, wait for next month's figures before you pronounce Limbaugh dead.

Limbaugh's claim that he single handedly saved AM radio from becoming nothing but police calls is accurate. Limbaugh created talk radio twenty years ago and liberals have been falling by the wayside ever since. I wonder how that ZaZa Gabor impersonator Huffington babe would do on talk radio. Relax lefties, wait for next month's figures before you pronounce Limbaugh dead.

The immeasurable profundity of your abject ignorance never ceases to astound me.

Talk radio was around long before Blush Limblob was even born. This guy for example was notorious and cultivated an audience way bigger than Limblob ever had, in the 1930s:

Father_Coughlin.jpg

This guy was big too... started his talk show in 1955:

220px-CarlMcIntire.JPG

KMOX and KABC went all-talk format as long ago as 1960 -- 54 years ago. A decade later many more started following suit as AM radio lost music listeners to the superior fidelity of FM.
Where I grew up there was a successful talk radio station on FM, which started doing that around 1975. All of this was long before Lush Rimjob.

As for your complete xenophobic ignorance that can't tell the difference, the Gabor sisters were Hungarian, while Arianna Huffington is Greek. Not even vaguely related.
"They all look alike to me", right? :lmao:

Finally, it's spelled Zsa Zsa.

Be sure to alert me when next you grace these pages with your sterling wisdom.

Last edited:
Bad ratings news is rolling in for Rush Limbaugh as his show has fallen to 22nd in New York and 37th in Los Angeles. Limbaugh’s ratings are in a state of major decline.

Rush Limbaugh’s claim to radio fame has always been that he is a right wing talker who brings big ratings to major markets in blue states, but this isn’t the case anymore.

As Jerry Del Colliano, publisher of the radio-centric Inside Music Media put it, “We’re watching the end of right-wing conservative talk radio. The genre is dying among ratings and dying among advertisers … Rush is at the end of his career. His constituency is all wearing Depends. And he’s getting himself into trouble he doesn’t need. So can you put Humpty Dumpty back together again? They have been able to improve their advertising picture, but they have not been able to come back.”

The answer for why Limbaugh’s show is dying can be found in demographics. Rush’s average listener is 66 years old. Younger people aren’t turning on their radios to listen to Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, and Savage. Their audience mirrors that of the Republican Party. It’s white, conservative, and male.

The High Cost of Rush: Talker Bleeds Millions From His Carriers As Toxic Talk Slumps, Cumulus Seems Set To Part Ways With Rush Limbaugh - The Daily Beast

An article almost a year old, wow! Thanks for the update...dumbshit!

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

The immeasurable profundity of your abject ignorance never ceases to astound me. Talk radio was around long before Blush Limblob was even born. This guy for example was notorious and cultivated an audience way bigger than Limblob ever had, in the 1930s:

Father_Coughlin.jpg

This guy was big too...

220px-CarlMcIntire.JPG

KMOX and KABC went all-talk format as long ago as 1960 -- 54 years ago. A decade later many more started following suit as AM radio lost music listeners to the superior fidelity of FM. Where I grew up there was a successful talk radio station on FM, which started doing that around 1975. All of this was long before Lush Rimjob.

As for your complete xenophobic ignorance that can't tell the diference, the Gabor sisters were Hungarian, while Arianna Huffington is Greek. Not even vaguely related.

Be sure to alert me when you next grace these pages with your sterling wisdom.

AM radio was declining when Rush went on the air nationwide. FM radio was gaining popularity, talk show host like Colin Cowherd who does not agree with Rush will tell you he is the reason for talk radio being so popular today.

Talk radio remains largely on AM stations, only a few FM stations use talk format.

Sports talk seems to be the new wave.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I prefer Rush over Hannity. Sean is way to repetitive. Levin?.....meh.

Rush will never fold. As much as the libs want that to happen, keep dreamin'.

The immeasurable profundity of your abject ignorance never ceases to astound me.

Talk radio was around long before Blush Limblob was even born. This guy for example was notorious and cultivated an audience way bigger than Limblob ever had, in the 1930s:

Father_Coughlin.jpg

220px-CarlMcIntire.JPG

KMOX and KABC went all-talk format as long ago as 1960 -- 54 years ago. A decade later many more started following suit as AM radio lost music listeners to the superior fidelity of FM.
Where I grew up there was a successful talk radio station on FM, which started doing that around 1975. All of this was long before Lush Rimjob.

As for your complete xenophobic ignorance that can't tell the difference, the Gabor sisters were Hungarian, while Arianna Huffington is Greek. Not even vaguely related.

Come on lefties, don't make me laugh. AM radio was as dead as your obscure forgotten heroes by 1989. Ask any unbiased expert, Limbaugh rescued AM radio from obscurity in the late 1980's. Oh yeah I forgot Paul Harvey who had about a ten minute slot in a lot of radio stations each day with a bit of refreshing non-descript wisdom. He did get credit for negotiating the surrender at Ruby Ridge. Harvey was a nice guy and an anachronism. HERE IT IS LEFTIES; lIMBAUGH INVENTED TALK RADIO.

Last edited:

Huh? They all use the EXACT same talking points as each other every single day.

How can you prefer one over the other? :eusa_think:

Father_Coughlin.jpg

220px-CarlMcIntire.JPG

Come on lefties, don't make me laugh. AM radio was as dead as your obscure forgotten heroes by 1989. Ask any unbiased expert, Limbaugh rescued AM radio from obscurity in the late 1980's.

Uhh.... not really, not outside the bubble.

>> Pew researchers found in 2004 that 17% of the public regularly listens to talk radio. This audience is mostly male, middle-aged and conservative. Among those who regularly listen to talk radio, 41% are Republican and 28% are Democrats. Furthermore, 45% describe themselves as conservatives, compared with 18% who say they are liberals.[1] The presumably more accurate Arbitron portable people meter ratings system, compiled data suggesting that out of 11 nationally rated radio formats, talk radio ranked near the bottom, with an average 3.1 listener share, and ratings continue to slide << -- Wiki/Radio Insights

Big fish, but little pond. Context.
Then again you're the same assclown who tried to tell us Limblob "invented" talk radio. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Correct. His audience will fold first.

>> (And make no mistake: Limbaugh&#8217;s audience is very old. One station manager quipped to me, &#8220;The median age of Limbaugh&#8217;s audience? Deceased.&#8221;) << -- David Frum, in article just after Flukegate

This story checks out....

Rush Limbaugh's California Ratings Debacle*|*Eric Boehlert

There's only one radio station in America that takes its name from Rush Limbaugh's radio empire and that's KEIB in Los Angeles -- the EIB mirrors Limbaugh's "Excellence in Broadcasting" motto. Clear Channel, which syndicates Limbaugh's program nationally, owns the station and flipped the call letters to KEIB in honor of him when the company announced he was leaving his longtime Los Angeles radio home, KFI, and moving to KEIB in January. There, according to Clear Channel, he would anchor a new, all-conservative lineup of Republican-friendly talkers, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

Three months later, Limbaugh's KEIB is a ratings disaster, coming in 37th place in the second largest radio market in America with a .5 rating share in March, the most recent month available, according to Nielsen ratings. (A ratings share represents the percent of those listening to radio in the market who are dialed into a particular station.)

How small is KEIB's audience? So small that 11 non-English radio stations have larger audiences in Los Angeles. And so small that KEIB actually trails four college-run, non-commercial stations in the market. This, for a man who makes $40 million a year to attract big radio audiences? As for KFI, the station Limbaugh left and which switched to an all-local news and talk format, its ratings remain healthy in the talker's absence. A top-10 station, KFI boasts an audience six times larger than KEIB's.

The ratings news is almost as bad up the California coast in San Francisco. There, as in Los Angeles, Clear Channel moved Limbaugh on the AM dial, from KKSF to KNEW, and dubbed the station "The Patriot."

"Rush Limbaugh has built the ratings and revenue of hundreds of America's most successful radio stations and is looking forward to doing the same at these new Clear Channel homes," Brian Glicklich, a Limbaugh spokesman crowed last December.

So far however, Limbaugh's arrival at KNEW hasn't budged the minuscule ratings, according to Nielsen: January: .8, February: .8, and March: .7. (Those ratings are flat compared to last year, prior to Limbaugh's arrival.)

The big-city woes aren't confined to the West Coast. In New York, the nation's largest radio market and where Rush once reigned supreme, the talker recently exited his longtime AM home, WABC, and moved to Clear Channel's WOR. With Limbaugh as the main draw, the station now ranks 22nd in the market and trails four non-English stations as well as a commercial-free classical music outlet.

Note that these ratings are for stations' total week numbers and it's possible that Limbaugh's three-hour program out-performs the station overall. (Nielsen doesn't publicly break out ratings by day part.) "But it's a far cry from the heyday when Rush "made" a station, and was on so many number ones," talk radio consultant Holland Cooke noted to Media Matters.

Limbaugh's major market ratings woes arrive in the wake of the 2012 Sandra Fluke scandal, where he castigated and insulted the graduate student for three days on his program, calling her a "slut" and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

And the Fluke dent has proven to be permanent. Just this month, Oklahoma State University moved to make sure its radio commercials did not air on Limbaugh's program.

Click on link for more....

Last edited:
Bad ratings news is rolling in for Rush Limbaugh as his show has fallen to 22nd in New York and 37th in Los Angeles. Limbaugh’s ratings are in a state of major decline.

Rush Limbaugh’s claim to radio fame has always been that he is a right wing talker who brings big ratings to major markets in blue states, but this isn’t the case anymore.

As Jerry Del Colliano, publisher of the radio-centric Inside Music Media put it, “We’re watching the end of right-wing conservative talk radio. The genre is dying among ratings and dying among advertisers … Rush is at the end of his career. His constituency is all wearing Depends. And he’s getting himself into trouble he doesn’t need. So can you put Humpty Dumpty back together again? They have been able to improve their advertising picture, but they have not been able to come back.”

The answer for why Limbaugh’s show is dying can be found in demographics. Rush’s average listener is 66 years old. Younger people aren’t turning on their radios to listen to Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh, and Savage. Their audience mirrors that of the Republican Party. It’s white, conservative, and male.

The High Cost of Rush: Talker Bleeds Millions From His Carriers As Toxic Talk Slumps, Cumulus Seems Set To Part Ways With Rush Limbaugh - The Daily Beast

from the link

That's the date it was published, a year ago.

thread fail retard

Correct. His audience will fold first.

>> (And make no mistake: Limbaugh&#8217;s audience is very old. One station manager quipped to me, &#8220;The median age of Limbaugh&#8217;s audience? Deceased.&#8221;) << -- David Frum, in article just after Flukegate
Even the Right-wing Talkers Mag shows his audience tanking.

Pre Fluke:

audience-radio-talk-show-hosts-e1283863778322.jpg

Now:

audiencechart_may14.jpg

Talk radio has a long history. There were local talk shows in many markets in the 1950s but it was a specialty format, not something you found up and down the entire dial. Local issues were the primary asset perhaps because the nation was much different. JFK was screwing anything in skirts. Jackie was spending weekends in Newport with her latest. Everybody in the press knew it but the prevailing attitude was that none of it was important - and it really wasn't. Not until LBJ (I heard "Little Bitty Jesus" for the first time on talk radio) did the national scene become a viable topic but, even then, on local radio with local hosts.

BTW, I'm defining "talk shows" as those structured to take calls from listeners. If you want to work with a more broad definition then Google these: Joe Pine. Long John Nebel. Gene Shepherd. That'll get you back to 1948.

A whole different kind of talk radio until the demise of the constipating "Fairness Doctrine" - then the gloves came off.

At some point talk radio will fall out of fashion. The smarter hosts will take the money and run. Some will linger too long. I give you Don Imus, once #1, now #9 and dwindling.

The biggest impediment to the demise of talk radio is that nobody has yet figured out what would replace it. Various music formats have come and gone. Mostly moved over to FM stations where potential quality is far better than AM (as we know it today) can offer and where stereo actually works. Never mind that many of the radios the mass audience is using (other than in vehicles) produces sound quality about equal to a tin ear trumpet.

You can see some inroads in major markets where "all sports" formats are growing like moss on your cheap asphalt roof. But the other route is ethnic. Show me a major market without at least two "Hispanic" formats. Check out places like Baghdad-by-The-Bay where there are competing formats in each of several Chinese dialects and some languages so obscure as to be unidentifiable in most of the country.

Yes, Rush Limbaugh's vogue will run out. Naturally run out. What's comic is the great screeching flock of liberals trying so hard to silence him with no regard to what their own success will inevitably to do with all freedom of speech, including boards like this.

Rage on. libs.....you know I'm right and you just can't stand it!

Last edited:
Talk radio has a long history. There were local talk shows in many markets in the 1950s but it was a specialty format, not something you found up and down the entire dial. Local issues were the primary asset perhaps because the nation was much different. JFK was screwing anything in skirts. Jackie was spending weekends in Newport with her latest. Everybody in the press knew it but the prevailing attitude was that none of it was important - and it really wasn't. Not until LBJ (I heard "Little Bitty Jesus" for the first time on talk radio) did the national scene become a viable topic but, even then, on local radio with local hosts.

BTW, I'm defining "talk shows" as those structured to take calls from listeners. If you want to work with a more broad definition then Google these: Joe Pine. Long John Nebel. Gene Shepherd. That'll get you back to 1948.

A whole different kind of talk radio until the demise of the constipating "Fairness Doctrine" - then the gloves came off.

At some point talk radio will fall out of fashion. The smarter hosts will take the money and run. Some will linger too long. I give you Don Imus, once #1, now #9 and dwindling.

The biggest impediment to the demise of talk radio is that nobody has yet figured out what would replace it. Various music formats have come and gone. Mostly moved over to FM stations where potential quality is far better than AM (as we know it today) can offer and where stereo actually works. Never mind that many of the radios the mass audience is using (other than in vehicles) produces sound quality about equal to a tin ear trumpet.

You can see some inroads in major markets where "all sports" formats are growing like moss on your cheap asphalt roof. But the other route is ethnic. Show me a major market without at least two "Hispanic" formats. Check out places like Baghdad-by-The-Bay where there are competing formats in each of several Chinese dialects and some languages so obscure as to be unidentifiable in most of the country.

Yes, Rush Limbaugh's vogue will run out. Naturally run out. What's comic is the great screeching flock of liberals trying so hard to silence him with no regard to what their own success will inevitably to do with all freedom of speech, including boards like this.

Rage on. libs.....you know I'm right and you just can't stand it!
Actually HD Radio gives AM the quality of FM, and FM the quality of a CD.

Forum List

Back