Rush Limbaugh’s Apology Not Accepted By Liberals: Is There a Double Standard?

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh apologized this weekend for offensive comments he made about Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student who testified in front of Congress about contraception coverage. Columnist for The Daily Beast and Democratic political analyst, Kirsten Powers, thinks that there is a double standard when it comes to liberals versus conservatives.

While she agrees that what Limbaugh said was “extremely egregious” and “deserves the outpouring of anger,” Powers wonders where is the outpour of cries when liberals, such as Bill Maher, make the same types of comments.

Rush Limbaugh

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh apologized this weekend for offensive comments he made about Sandra Fluke, the Georgetown law student who testified in front of Congress about contraception coverage. Columnist for The Daily Beast and Democratic political analyst, Kirsten Powers, thinks that there is a double standard when it comes to liberals versus conservatives.

While she agrees that what Limbaugh said was “extremely egregious” and “deserves the outpouring of anger,” Powers wonders where is the outpour of cries when liberals, such as Bill Maher, make the same types of comments.

Rush Limbaugh

Jillian, the supposed " reasoned" voice of Liberals on this board claims that Rush is a political figure and Mayer is not so can be treated differently.

We enjoy Rush groveling and begging forgiveness.

However, it is sad to see Rush emasculated and conduct a two day apology tour

ummm..... maybe because the GOP'ers are so scared of him that Steele apologized to him for calling him an entertainer because he's the unofficial mouthpiece for the Repub Base? :eusa_whistle: :clap2:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19517.html
Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

Last edited:

No, just a general bewilderment on the part of the left that conservatives and republican could be so stupid as to let this get away from them; particularly when ones considers the fact that this non-issue was settled decades ago.

No, just a general bewilderment on the part of the left that conservatives and republican could be so stupid as to let this get away from them; particularly when ones considers the fact that this non-issue was settled decades ago.

The left is creating this non issue with the help of the Main stream press. It helps them since they can not win on real issues.

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.
A Statement from Rush - The Rush Limbaugh Show

He was pretty much saying I am sorry, but..........

When you apologize to someone, other than to please your sponsors. You don't add a fuck you at the end.

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit?In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.
A Statement from Rush - The Rush Limbaugh Show

He was pretty much saying I am sorry, but..........

When you apologize to someone, other than to please your sponsors. You don't add a fuck you at the end.

Unless of course you are a Muslim apologizing for 9/11 or some other terror attack then you on the left don't mind the "but..." at all do you?

Rush Limbaugh

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

Sarah Palin is a political pundit who makes a living off of insulting the other side........Bill Maher does the same

Sandra Fluke was an innocent citizen testifying before Congress. She never attacked Rush and did nothing to draw three days worth of personal insults

EVERYONE knows that oxyRush is the unofficial spokesman for the con youth of America. In Karl Rove's words "he's fair game" :)

Rush Limbaugh

Sarah Palin is a political pundit who makes a living off of insulting the other side........Bill Maher does the same

Sandra Fluke was an innocent citizen testifying before Congress. She never attacked Rush and did nothing to draw three days worth of personal insults

Rush Limbaugh is an "innocent civilian" entitled to his opinion.
How Naziesque trying to silence one's opinion.

Rush Limbaugh

Who is trying to sensory him?
Oh! And PS Maher lost his job over what he said, remember that?

Rush Limbaugh

I am a fiscal conservative female and Rush Limbaugh offended me with that comment. In fact--he's TOAST with me.

The point being that we do not need to resort to the tactics of the left to make a point. Rush Limbaugh crossed that line in his statement and he is paying big time for it. And he deserves everything he gets. No one should tolerate these type comments coming from the left or the right.

Last edited:

Who is trying to sensory him?
Oh! And PS Maher lost his job over what he said, remember that?

Hey asshole - you really don't need to respond to every one of my posts. Appreciate the "fan club" but there are several other posters who you can share your "brilliance" with. If it's any consolation, I think you're a dumb fuck. But, that's just me.

Have a nice life, assbreath.

This is going to haunt both romney & Boehner come election time just as George Will said:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...publican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/
Mar 4, 2012 10:41am
George Will: Republican Leaders Are Afraid of Rush Limbaugh

“[House Speaker John] Boehner comes out and says Rush’s language was inappropriate. Using the salad fork for your entrée, that’s inappropriate. Not this stuff,” Will said. “And it was depressing because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they’re afraid of Rush Limbaugh.”

Last edited:
Sandra fluke is a slut media whore fake piece of crap that gives women a bad name. :)

Rush Limbaugh

Double standards are the standard for the left.

This is going to haunt both romney & Boehner come election time just as George Will said:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...publican-leaders-are-afraid-of-rush-limbaugh/
Mar 4, 2012 10:41am
George Will: Republican Leaders Are Afraid of Rush Limbaugh

“[House Speaker John] Boehner comes out and says Rush’s language was inappropriate. Using the salad fork for your entrée, that’s inappropriate. Not this stuff,” Will said. “And it was depressing because what it indicates is that the Republican leaders are afraid of Rush Limbaugh. They want to bomb Iran, but they’re afraid of Rush Limbaugh.”

Yeah, when Boehner's mild statement was actually made by a spokesman, instead of the Speaker, himself, it was pretty apparent that he was cowering. Why? Because, in case there was blowback from the prepared statement, Boehner would be able to backpedal because there wouldn't be any video or audio of him making the statement. He would just say that he hadn't authorized that statement or some such nonsense.

But, in truth, they're not as afraid of Rush as they are of his idiot dittohead listeners who respond (and react) like hypnotized children to Rush's Pied Piper routine.

Forum List

Back