Rush Limbaugh the flip-flopper.

Maple

Mar 15, 2009
This takes the cake on flip-flopping:

In 2008 Rush endorses Mitt Romney, then in 2011 can't wait to take a shot at him. Major flip-flop and he has lost all credibility with me, he is no longer on my listening dial. What's changed Rush?? Romney has not changed his positons nor has he been in public office for the last 3-4 years?

Rush endorsed him after Romney's health care plan passed, yet now he doesn't? It looks pretty suspicious to me. He has lost all credibility with me, especially when he attacks our own GOP candidates. He wants to attack someone, attack the current occupant of the White House and leave the GOP to fight it out on their own. We will pick the winner, not Rush Limbaugh.

Rush Limbaugh *endorses Mitt Romney « Hot Air

Levin, Hannity, Ingraham and now Nobel nominee Rush Limbaugh (membership req’d): Big talk radio swings unanimously for Mitt Romney. Rush makes several solid points that you’ve heard before, mostly regarding how McCain represents the GOP’s national security wing, Huckabee represents its social conservative wing, and Ron Paul represents the economic conservative wing, but Romney is the one candidate who represents all three by himself. Romney is a late convert to all three, which as I wrote the other day explains why conservatives have taken so long to warm up to him.

Mitt Romney is still the same guy that he is talking about above.

Last edited:
When hasn't your MessiahRushie flip-flopped???

December 11, 2007
RUSH: By the way, I want to renew a bet. I will bet my life's fortune against Algore's that what he predicts in 2030 will not happen...
I made this offer six months ago, and I'll make it again in future days

December 20, 2007
Caller Proposes Recession Bet
December 20, 2007
RUSH: I wouldn't enter into a wager like this publicly because I choose not too violate federal gambling laws.

Who cares about Rush ?
The GOP!

The Battle Over Earmarks (Bribes)
November 08, 2010
RUSH: The problem with earmarks is that they are used as bribes to thwart the will of the people.

May 16, 2011
RUSH: I have never been one to base my entire view of a politician on whether or not they supported earmarks, 'cause it's not that much money. I understand the moral aspect and I understand that earmarks open up the opportunity for blackmail and this kind of thing. I understand all the arguments about them. You know, McCain hardly a purist, made earmarks the centerpiece of a failed presidential campaign. It just ain't that big a deal! It certainly is not enough to disqualify somebody from being pure. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the leading conservatives in the Senate, insists that earmarks are actually a more responsive way to reach the voters -- respond to the voters, the will of the people -- than leaving such decisions to unelected bureaucrats. He wants to spend the money.

He says (paraphrased): "Look, this earmark money is going to be spent. I'd rather the elected representatives of the people do it than some faceless bureaucrat at some agency or some president." That's his view.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: According to other reports, this monstrosity has more than 6,000 earmarks. There are reportedly at least $8 billion -- actually I think it's more than that now, $8 billion worth of earmarks, it includes at least a billion dollars in additional spending for Obamacare.

RUSH: I'm fuming in here, folks. I am burning up. No, I'm livid.

Rush is a talking head that is empowered more by the hate from the left than the right. I couldn't care less. The left elevates him to new highs everyday.

Rush is a talking head that is empowered more by the hate from the left than the right. I couldn't care less. The left elevates him to new highs everyday.

You win !!!!

You answered the question.

Most on the right could not care less.

But if he ever died, the left would be looking for new reasons to bleach their underwear.

In 2008 Rush endorses Mitt Romney, then in 2011 can't wait to take a shot at him. Major flip-flop and he has lost all credibility with me, he is no longer on my listening dial. What's changed Rush?? Romney has not changed his positons nor has he been in public office for the last 3-4 years?

Rush endorsed him after Romney's health care plan passed, yet now he doesn't? It looks pretty suspicious to me. He has lost all credibility with me, especially when he attacks our own GOP candidates. He wants to attack someone, attack the current occupant of the White House and leave the GOP to fight it out on their own. We will pick the winner, not Rush Limbaugh.

Levin, Hannity, Ingraham and now Nobel nominee Rush Limbaugh (membership req’d): Big talk radio swings unanimously for Mitt Romney. Rush makes several solid points that you’ve heard before, mostly regarding how McCain represents the GOP’s national security wing, Huckabee represents its social conservative wing, and Ron Paul represents the economic conservative wing, but Romney is the one candidate who represents all three by himself. Romney is a late convert to all three, which as I wrote the other day explains why conservatives have taken so long to warm up to him.

Maple, you are such a schlub. You can't see the obvious.

You have to remember WHY Limbaugh endorsed Romney in 2008. Not because he felt this great love for Mitt Romney or his "conservative values".

the other choices back then were Mike Huckabee and John McCain. Well, Rush couldn't back John McCain after his draft-dodging, drug addicted fat ass savaged this war hero in 2000. It would just be bad form. And McCain wasn't really Rush's kind of conservative.

The other choice (after Rudy floundered and Fred Thompson showed he sounded like an idiot when Dick Wolf wasn't writing dialog for him) was Mike Huckabee. Well, Mike Huckabee scared the crap out of Rush and the people who pay him. Mike Huckabee dared to suggest that the central message of Christianity is not "tax cuts for rich people". It's in the bible. Look it up!

The worst fear of the GOP establishment- that the working schlubs who vote for the God, Guns and Gays stuff will figure out have really nothing in common with the rich guy who moves their job to China and buys another Polo Pony.

So Rush and a lot of the Right Wing Noise Machine got behind Romney, but the rank and file weren't buying it. Romney only won three primaries- Michigan (which no one else really ran in and he had to promise he'd do what Obama eventually did and bail out the auto companies.) Massachusetts (his home state, where he barely beat McCain) and Utah (full of his fellow LDS Cultists). Eventually, the establishment got behind McCain, because he was somewhat credible and they bought into the whole "we need to attract moderates" excuse that Romney is trying to sell now.

Rush is a businessman. He knows that his audience is made up of the 70% of Republicans who didn't want the Android from Kolob 4 years ago and don't want him now. His audience is pro-Cain or pro-Perry. He knows the Evangelicals hate Romney.

And he knows that when Romney loses to Obama, he doesn't want to be tied into the fiasco. He can say honestly in November 2012, "Romney wasn't really a conservative, conservativism wasn't defeated."

I listen to Michael Savage and the Savage Nation... That is the only show I follow and go out of my way to listen to (because AM560 WIND Chicago pulled him off the air and now I have to listen to him from Waco Texas online)...

Incorrect.

Rush Limbaugh CPAC 2009 Entire Speech
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1CimXFfIH0]Rush Limbaugh Attacks RNC Chairman Michael Steele - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9K-1Lk0zEw]Bobby Jindal Is Glad RNC Chairman Michael Steele Apologizes To Rush Limbaugh - YouTube[/ame]

I never really listened to Rush but Michael Medved pisses me off quite a bit....

He has really never stated his ideas, he attempts to pretend to be a conservative but sides with democrats 75% of the time.

Incorrect.

Rush Limbaugh CPAC 2009 Entire Speech
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1CimXFfIH0]Rush Limbaugh Attacks RNC Chairman Michael Steele - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9K-1Lk0zEw]Bobby Jindal Is Glad RNC Chairman Michael Steele Apologizes To Rush Limbaugh - YouTube[/ame]

It's correct to me. I see him as an entertainer. Not much more. I do enjoy occasionally listening in but I am well aware what I'm listening to. Others can sing his praises or hate him but I'm no fool. He has played both the left and the right all the way to the bank. In that regard he is a genius. Other than that he is no different than me. One opinion, one vote nothing more unless you give it to him.

He spoke at CPAC. He got the head of the RNC to apologize to him. And the Republican governor of Louisiana thought it was important enough to comment on the thing.

That's just a cursory search over the topic. He has a great deal of influence over conservative thinking and Republican policy. He's much more then an "entertainer". What troubles the "left" is that no one voted for him. Kinda like Grover Norquist.

He spoke at CPAC. He got the head of the RNC to apologize to him. And the Republican governor of Louisiana thought it was important enough to comment on the thing.

That's just a cursory search over the topic. He has a great deal of influence over conservative thinking and Republican policy. He's much more then an "entertainer". What troubles the "left" is that no one voted for him. Kinda like Grover Norquist.

I think that he has been voted for in terms of ratings. He has 20 million people listening to him. And in many ways, he reflects what his audience thinks.

The point I made earlier was that he tried to endorse Romney in 2008, and his own audience wasn't buying it. He wasn't about to make that mistake again.

Who cares about Rush ?
The GOP!

The Battle Over Earmarks (Bribes)
November 08, 2010
RUSH: The problem with earmarks is that they are used as bribes to thwart the will of the people.

May 16, 2011
RUSH: I have never been one to base my entire view of a politician on whether or not they supported earmarks, 'cause it's not that much money. I understand the moral aspect and I understand that earmarks open up the opportunity for blackmail and this kind of thing. I understand all the arguments about them. You know, McCain hardly a purist, made earmarks the centerpiece of a failed presidential campaign. It just ain't that big a deal! It certainly is not enough to disqualify somebody from being pure. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, one of the leading conservatives in the Senate, insists that earmarks are actually a more responsive way to reach the voters -- respond to the voters, the will of the people -- than leaving such decisions to unelected bureaucrats. He wants to spend the money.

He says (paraphrased): "Look, this earmark money is going to be spent. I'd rather the elected representatives of the people do it than some faceless bureaucrat at some agency or some president." That's his view.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: According to other reports, this monstrosity has more than 6,000 earmarks. There are reportedly at least $8 billion -- actually I think it's more than that now, $8 billion worth of earmarks, it includes at least a billion dollars in additional spending for Obamacare.

RUSH: I'm fuming in here, folks. I am burning up. No, I'm livid.

Yes, Earmarks are not a good thing they run up our debt, always have, it's a way policians think they can buy our vote. I had not heard this one, thanks. Sounds like Rush needs to get a little educated before he spouts off.

I think that he has been voted for in terms of ratings. He has 20 million people listening to him. And in many ways, he reflects what his audience thinks.

The point I made earlier was that he tried to endorse Romney in 2008, and his own audience wasn't buying it. He wasn't about to make that mistake again.

He did not just try to endorse Romney, he did endorse Romney.

I don't want him or any of the other talk show hosts endorsing anyone, but then don't go on the attack on any of them either. Once the primary is over they can cheerlead all they want. If he has got 20 million listeners he just lost millions of them, as 25% still strongly support Romney as that number has not dropped at all. That's 50 million who just stopped being listeners.

Maple, you are such a schlub. You can't see the obvious.

You have to remember WHY Limbaugh endorsed Romney in 2008. Not because he felt this great love for Mitt Romney or his "conservative values".

the other choices back then were Mike Huckabee and John McCain. Well, Rush couldn't back John McCain after his draft-dodging, drug addicted fat ass savaged this war hero in 2000. It would just be bad form. And McCain wasn't really Rush's kind of conservative.

The other choice (after Rudy floundered and Fred Thompson showed he sounded like an idiot when Dick Wolf wasn't writing dialog for him) was Mike Huckabee. Well, Mike Huckabee scared the crap out of Rush and the people who pay him. Mike Huckabee dared to suggest that the central message of Christianity is not "tax cuts for rich people". It's in the bible. Look it up!

The worst fear of the GOP establishment- that the working schlubs who vote for the God, Guns and Gays stuff will figure out have really nothing in common with the rich guy who moves their job to China and buys another Polo Pony.

So Rush and a lot of the Right Wing Noise Machine got behind Romney, but the rank and file weren't buying it. Romney only won three primaries- Michigan (which no one else really ran in and he had to promise he'd do what Obama eventually did and bail out the auto companies.) Massachusetts (his home state, where he barely beat McCain) and Utah (full of his fellow LDS Cultists). Eventually, the establishment got behind McCain, because he was somewhat credible and they bought into the whole "we need to attract moderates" excuse that Romney is trying to sell now.

Rush is a businessman. He knows that his audience is made up of the 70% of Republicans who didn't want the Android from Kolob 4 years ago and don't want him now. His audience is pro-Cain or pro-Perry. He knows the Evangelicals hate Romney.

And he knows that when Romney loses to Obama, he doesn't want to be tied into the fiasco. He can say honestly in November 2012, "Romney wasn't really a conservative, conservativism wasn't defeated."

Romney mops the floor with Obama, with independents breaking 54% to 41% Obama, he has a solid, very solid 25% support with Republicans. That 25% has not gone down, Perry has been way up and then way down, Cain is now up but he too will crash. Romney won overwhelmingly in my state last time, but we were one of the last to vote in our primaries. It had already been decided. That's also why the states have attempted to leap frog each other in order to do their caucuses or their primary early. After last election, when the early primary states voted in John McCain, the rest of us had heart attacks.

Forum List

Back