Rush Limbaugh proves once again....

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bamthin, Jan 11, 2004.

1. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    He is a bag of hot wind.

I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

He made this statement early in the NFL season (which got his racist ass fired from ESPN). Now, McNabb has earned his way to the NFC Championship game with a dazzling performance including two TDs, no interceptions and over 100 yards rushing.

And people actually pay to read the content on his horseshit web site.

-Bam

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    He was correct. McNabb is an average quarterback on a good football team. Look at his career stats. He's a decent QB, but no more than that.

3. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    To hire a new coach in the NFL a NFL team MUST interview at least 3 black people for the job, or the hiring will not be appoved.

The NFL has a agenda to promote blacks.

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    as a sports commentator, at that time, was his job not to point out the strengths and weaknesses of a team? It seems to me that I've hear John Madden and Pat Somerall (sp?) and just about every other commentator out there make remarks about people's skills vis a vis their team's performance. How many times have I listened to the fact that if only Jim Kelly had a better this or that, Buffalo would have won a super bowl? Or, how about the comments, ad nauseum, about wayne chrebet? How he was the only person from a school like hofstra who ...blah blah blah.

It seems to me that at the time the statement was made the eagles owed their success to their defense rather than mcnabb...just becuause mcnabb's performance improved and/or he was more involved in their victories at a later time doesn't make the statement false.

5. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Average enough to make the 2004 Pro Bowl. He was WRONG like you. I checked his career stats too and I didn't forget to look at his rushing stats.

Limbaugh is a joke.

-Bam

6. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    So why do you call attention to him?

7. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    According to CNN/Si, McNabb has a career QB rating of 79%. What is so awesome about a 79% ??? Of the quarterbacks in the NFL how many had a stat higher than 79% How many had one lower? Please tell me why those that had a higher QB rating then McNabb weren't invited to the pro bowl? Could it be that there are other considerations people take when inviting someone to participate? Clearly such an "honor" doesn't go to the most deserving by competency.

8. bamthin

bamthin Guest

Ratings:
    +0

Can you prove this statement?

-Bam

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    He IS average.

Shit, Kordell Stewart made the pro bowl when he was with the Steelers! Should I buy my tickets to the HOF now?

Look at McNabb's career stats:

QB Rating - 79.3
    1207 out of 2117 for 13,051yds
    57% completion percentage
    186.4 yards per game
    349 rushes for 2239 yards

Neil O'donnell
    QB Rating - 81.8
    1865 out of 3229 for 21,690 yards
    57.8% completion percentage
    173.5 yards per game
    215 rushes for 446 yards

Kordell Stewart
    QB Rating - 70.7
    1316 out of 2358 for 17,746 yards
    55.8% completion percentage
    119 yards per game
    555 rushes for 2851 yards

Tim Couch
    QB Rating - 75.1
    1025 out of 1714 for 11,131 yards
    59.8% completion percentage
    179.5 yards per game
    124 rushes for 556 yards

That's how he fared against the AVERAGE QB's, shall we list the stats for Bledsoe, Brady, Brunell, Manning, McNair, Culpepper, Favre, Vick.

Sorry, he's just an average QB on a good team. If he was white he never would have received the notoriety he has.

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246