Rush Limbaugh proves once again....

B

bamthin

He is a bag of hot wind.

I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

He made this statement early in the NFL season (which got his racist ass fired from ESPN). Now, McNabb has earned his way to the NFC Championship game with a dazzling performance including two TDs, no interceptions and over 100 yards rushing.

And people actually pay to read the content on his horseshit web site.

-Bam

He was correct. McNabb is an average quarterback on a good football team. Look at his career stats. He's a decent QB, but no more than that.

To hire a new coach in the NFL a NFL team MUST interview at least 3 black people for the job, or the hiring will not be appoved.

The NFL has a agenda to promote blacks.

Originally posted by bamthin
He is a bag of hot wind.

I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

He made this statement early in the NFL season (which got his racist ass fired from ESPN). Now, McNabb has earned his way to the NFC Championship game with a dazzling performance including two TDs, no interceptions and over 100 yards rushing.

And people actually pay to read the content on his horseshit web site.

-Bam
as a sports commentator, at that time, was his job not to point out the strengths and weaknesses of a team? It seems to me that I've hear John Madden and Pat Somerall (sp?) and just about every other commentator out there make remarks about people's skills vis a vis their team's performance. How many times have I listened to the fact that if only Jim Kelly had a better this or that, Buffalo would have won a super bowl? Or, how about the comments, ad nauseum, about wayne chrebet? How he was the only person from a school like hofstra who ...blah blah blah.

It seems to me that at the time the statement was made the eagles owed their success to their defense rather than mcnabb...just becuause mcnabb's performance improved and/or he was more involved in their victories at a later time doesn't make the statement false.

Originally posted by jimnyc
He was correct. McNabb is an average quarterback on a good football team. Look at his career stats. He's a decent QB, but no more than that.

Average enough to make the 2004 Pro Bowl. He was WRONG like you. I checked his career stats too and I didn't forget to look at his rushing stats.

Limbaugh is a joke.

-Bam

Average enough to make the 2004 Pro Bowl. He was WRONG like you. I checked his career stats too and I didn't forget to look at his rushing stats.

Limbaugh is a joke.

-Bam
According to CNN/Si, McNabb has a career QB rating of 79%. What is so awesome about a 79% ??? Of the quarterbacks in the NFL how many had a stat higher than 79% How many had one lower? Please tell me why those that had a higher QB rating then McNabb weren't invited to the pro bowl? Could it be that there are other considerations people take when inviting someone to participate? Clearly such an "honor" doesn't go to the most deserving by competency.

Originally posted by Big D
To hire a new coach in the NFL a NFL team MUST interview at least 3 black people for the job, or the hiring will not be appoved.

The NFL has a agenda to promote blacks.

Can you prove this statement?

-Bam

Limbaugh is a joke.

-Bam

He IS average.

Shit, Kordell Stewart made the pro bowl when he was with the Steelers! Should I buy my tickets to the HOF now?

Look at McNabb's career stats:

QB Rating - 79.3
1207 out of 2117 for 13,051yds
57% completion percentage
186.4 yards per game
349 rushes for 2239 yards

Neil O'donnell
QB Rating - 81.8
1865 out of 3229 for 21,690 yards
57.8% completion percentage
173.5 yards per game
215 rushes for 446 yards

Kordell Stewart
QB Rating - 70.7
1316 out of 2358 for 17,746 yards
55.8% completion percentage
119 yards per game
555 rushes for 2851 yards

Tim Couch
QB Rating - 75.1
1025 out of 1714 for 11,131 yards
59.8% completion percentage
179.5 yards per game
124 rushes for 556 yards

That's how he fared against the AVERAGE QB's, shall we list the stats for Bledsoe, Brady, Brunell, Manning, McNair, Culpepper, Favre, Vick.

Sorry, he's just an average QB on a good team. If he was white he never would have received the notoriety he has.

Originally posted by Moi
According to CNN/Si, McNabb has a career QB rating of 79%. What is so awesome about a 79% ??? Of the quarterbacks in the NFL how many had a stat higher than 79% How many had one lower? Please tell me why those that had a higher QB rating then McNabb weren't invited to the pro bowl? Could it be that there are other considerations people take when inviting someone to participate? Clearly such an "honor" doesn't go to the most deserving by competency.

Yes. They also look at rushing statistics. But I guess you don't really know too much about football or you would know that. Passer ratings don't reflect leadership, playcalling and other intangibles either.

You should just quit now.

-Bam

Yes. They also look at rushing statistics. But I guess you don't really know too much about football or you would know that. Passer ratings don't reflect leadership, playcalling and other intangibles either.

-Bam

McNabb is above average for rushing as a QB. He is barely average as a passer. His leadership hasn't won him any rings. He is another Neil O'donnell, except O'donnell is more accurate and has better stats in just about everything except for rushing. He also brought the Steelers to a super bowl and a couple of championship games. I believe he has also won a few big games when called upon as a backup with Tennessee.

McNabb is overrated and held on a higher pedestal because he is black.

-Bam
Um, I think I know more about football than you do. I know enough to recognize an average quarterback when I see one. Leadership, playcalling and other intangibles...are you kidding? Every quarterback is a leader...not all QB's are allowed to call plays and "other intangibles"? Yeah, like the color of their skin ya think?

Rush Limbaugh pointed out an apparent discrpency between a man's skills and the hoopla surrounding him...that doesn't make him a racist or a hot air bag any more than a black person making the statement that whites seem to get more endorsement deals makes them racist or hot air bag.

The fact that Donovan McNabb isn't a superior quarterback yet seems to get more press than more successful and qualified quarterbacks is news...that's what Rush was paid for...to report the news surrounding sports.

Dah ...mcnabb's rushing statistics aren't all that great either in the grand history of football. Puhlease spare me your rationalizations about his rushing elevating his other stats. He's a QB and his rating would barely be passing in a grading scale.

He IS average.

Shit, Kordell Stewart made the pro bowl when he was with the Steelers! Should I buy my tickets to the HOF now?

Look at McNabb's career stats:

QB Rating - 79.3
1207 out of 2117 for 13,051yds
57% completion percentage
186.4 yards per game
349 rushes for 2239 yards

Neil O'donnell
QB Rating - 81.8
1865 out of 3229 for 21,690 yards
57.8% completion percentage
173.5 yards per game
215 rushes for 446 yards

Kordell Stewart
QB Rating - 70.7
1316 out of 2358 for 17,746 yards
55.8% completion percentage
119 yards per game
555 rushes for 2851 yards

Tim Couch
QB Rating - 75.1
1025 out of 1714 for 11,131 yards
59.8% completion percentage
179.5 yards per game
124 rushes for 556 yards

That's how he fared against the AVERAGE QB's, shall we list the stats for Bledsoe, Brady, Brunell, Manning, McNair, Culpepper, Favre, Vick.

Sorry, he's just an average QB on a good team. If he was white he never would have received the notoriety he has.

Let's see, fans, players and coaches select Pro Bowl players. Each group is weighted equally. Are you saying that some vast conspiracy among all the fans, players and coaches has elevated McNabb to the Pro Bowl this year and you, oh one of infinite football knowledge know better?

You have got to be kidding...

-Bam

Originally posted by Moi
Um, I think I know more about football than you do. I know enough to recognize an average quarterback when I see one. Leadership, playcalling and other intangibles...are you kidding? Every quarterback is a leader...not all QB's are allowed to call plays and "other intangibles"? Yeah, like the color of their skin ya think?

Rush Limbaugh pointed out an apparent discrpency between a man's skills and the hoopla surrounding him...that doesn't make him a racist or a hot air bag any more than a black person making the statement that whites seem to get more endorsement deals makes them racist or hot air bag.

The fact that Donovan McNabb isn't a superior quarterback yet seems to get more press than more successful and qualified quarterbacks is news...that's what Rush was paid for...to report the news surrounding sports.

Dah ...mcnabb's rushing statistics aren't all that great either in the grand history of football. Puhlease spare me your rationalizations about his rushing elevating his other stats. He's a QB and his rating would barely be passing in a grading scale.

Once again, it's a passer rating and I'll just take the word of the majority of the fans, coaches and players (whom you beleive to be part of a massive pro-African American conspiracy) that voted him to the Pro Bowl.

Where are those funny tin foil hats you guys always talk about? I think you need one.

-Bam

Let's see, fans, players and coaches select Pro Bowl players. Each group is weighted equally. Are you saying that some vast conspiracy among all the fans, players and coaches has elevated McNabb to the Pro Bowl this year and you, oh one of infinite football knowledge know better?

You have got to be kidding...

-Bam

And is Kordell Stewart then an elite QB?

And is Kordell Stewart then an elite QB?

At the time he was selected to the Pro Bowl, I guess he had to be. It's not some NAACP official pulling levers in a secret booth.

-Bam

Forum List

Back