Rush Limbaugh Poll

Which most closely represents your opinion of Rush Limbaugh?

• I am in love with him. I want to enjoy "special rights" with him.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Genius, prophet, infallible.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Concise and credible, good presentation.

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Good opinions but expresses them poorly.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Wrong most of the time, but a nice guy.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wrong and an a-hole

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Will say whatever it takes to make money.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Antichrist!

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
At least one of the board members has a serious boner for this guy. Other people think he's a bore. What do you think? Just vote for the one that's closest to your perspective, doesn't have to be exact.

Nuc said:
At least one of the board members has a serious boner for this guy. Other people think he's a bore. What do you think? Just vote for the one that's closest to your perspective, doesn't have to be exact.

Is this a scientific poll or just a way to try to settle an argument ?

dilloduck said:
Is this a scientific poll or just a way to try to settle an argument ?

Obviously it can't be a scientific poll, since the sample group is heavily tilted to one side of the political spectrum. It's just an informal way for people to express their opinion on this towering figure who pervades so much of the discussion here. Without having to repeat themselves ad infinitum. Got a problem with that?

Nuc said:
Obviously it can't be a scientific poll, since the sample group is heavily tilted to one side of the political spectrum. It's just an informal way for people to express their opinion on this towering figure who pervades so much of the discussion here. Without having to repeat themselves ad infinitum. Got a problem with that?

poll away Mr. Gallup. I just don't think that clicking one of a limited amount of options can give us anymore information than people posting their opinions and backing them up.

I'm glad he exists, as opposed to some of his counterparts. I don't think anyone would call him boner-inducing though.

dilloduck said:
poll away Mr. Gallup. I just don't think that clicking one of a limited amount of options can give us anymore information than people posting their opinions and backing them up.

I gave three positive, two neutral, and three negative options. That's fair. If you don't like it make your own poll. I decided to do a poll because one board member keeps posting the same thing over and over. I thought multiple posting is against the rules, but I guess not.

Nuc said:
I gave three positive, two neutral, and three negative options. That's fair. If you don't like it make your own poll. I decided to do a poll because one board member keeps posting the same thing over and over. I thought multiple posting is against the rules, but I guess not.

I figured there had to be some ulterior motive to your poll. Let's wait and see if it stops the "problem". :eek:

Rush is a entertainer..his views are pro Repub for obvious reasons...to keep the heat to a minimum..I liked the guy when he was a DJ and talk host in Sacramento,Calif back in the early eightees...he was more open and honest then..when he moved to NY to do his show and TV he went amiss...money is the root of all evil...I will leave it at that!

speederdoc said:
I'm glad he exists, as opposed to some of his counterparts. I don't think anyone would call him boner-inducing though.

Thanks for the visual image.

So much for lunch.

Mr. P said:
A poll is only as good as the intention of the pollster.
The poll choices most often reflect those intentions..
This one is no different. IMO.

What are you talking about, the choices reflect the full spectrum. Which choice do you think is not represented?
:fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2:

Nuc said:
What are you talking about, the choices reflect the full spectrum. Which choice do you think is not represented?
:fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2: :fu2:

really who cares...he is entertaining..and I can change the channel anytime I wish...Rush is a spoiled brat....as if this does not apply to any of us....geez!

archangel said:
really who cares...he is entertaining..and I can change the channel anytime I wish...Rush is a a spoiled brat....as if this does not apply to any of us....geez!

Thank God we don't have a radio show. Oh yeah, we do, it's called "static"!
:thewave: :beer:

OK so far 8 negative, 7 positive and 1 neutral. But at least one person didn't vote because "I am in love with him. I would like to enjoy "special rights" with him" has not been represented. Avngr, when pray tell will you cast the decisive vote? :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

Nuc said:
OK so far 8 negative, 7 positive and 1 neutral. But at least one person didn't vote because "I am in love with him. I would like to enjoy "special rights" with him" has not been represented. Avngr, when pray tell will you cast the decisive vote? :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

typical pollster behavior---8 choices to choose from however the "results" appear to show that there were only 3 options--positive, negative or neutral

My problem with polls is that you only get the choices the pollster gives you, and then some public opinion conclusion is drawn from those choices. This is, as Mr. P. pointed out, problematic. Mark Twain said it even better:

"There are lies, damned lies, and statistics".

But, what the hell - I'll participate, if you throw in a few more choices. How about:

- Rush is a pioneer. Anyone who enjoys open and balanced discourse in the media owes him a debt,

- You'd have to have experienced pre-Rush media to fully appreciate his contribution, and

- Before Rush, Dan Rather was considered credible.

Forum List

Back