Rush Limbaugh on Donovan McNabb

mtnbiker, I like to talk about myself as much as the next guy, but haven't you got anything better to do than asking for the details of my life? When I put a post up on Zionism I don't hear anything from you, but when I put a post up talking about my life, you act like I have to verify my sources.

You asked, so I'll answer, but you are trying my patience.

Maybe they did take me because I'm cheap. I had to wait for almost a year for them to let me work for them because there were that many people in line. For obvious reasons, there are very few who do a "stage" for more than three months. In the kitchen where I was working, there were two cooks for every seat in the dining room. All but a few were working for free, and they were all very very talented cooks. So maybe they took me because I was cheap.

I left school with a double major in literature and philosophy. Neither of which is worth anything if you don't go on to get your doctorate, and if it's not from one of the four best schools in the country then it still isn't worth anything. I was burned out from being in the class room for four years, and my grades weren't good enough to get me into a top program anyway. I wanted to produce something more substantial than theory, and in the end cooking fit the bill. I didn't go to culinary school because early on, I'd worked with people who had gone to culinary school. Most of them said flat out that the $32,000 debt they'd accrued was not worth the learning experience they'd gotten, a significant portion of which included going to a privately owned restaurant for six months and working for free. After two years steady work in good restaurants, I was as good or better than the fresh culinary school grads that had just paid 32,000 for their training. And then, if they ever want to be good, they have to go out and do what I'd already spent two years doing: they too have to go out and build resumes with the best chefs they can.

Maybe you thought than becoming a good cook was as easy as two years at a culinary school? I have a good friend who was in his second year of culinary when I started working in my first good restaurant. When I left my last job in the US to come to Europe, he came in to take my position. I'm not saying I'm a better cook than he is, but he isn't any better off than I was either.

I hope that clears things up for you. If you are generally interested in cooking, go read Anthony Bourdain's Confessions of a Chef. His experience wasn't very similar to mine, but it's a good read, and an accurate presentation of the demands and pressures of being a cook in top restaurants. If you are actually interested in becoming a cook, read Becoming a Chef by Durenburg and Page. If you just want to bust sombody's balls, go fuck yourself.

Bry.

Well Bry you were the one that exposed some facts about yourself, thus opening yourself up to question. I have had some experience in the food industry and I never agreed with the guys who whored themselves out to egotistical chefs. You highlighted the chef who won the top 10, 2000' best new chef, you must have felt it important to mention. I wonder did he(or she) have an opinion on culinary schools?

yeah, he did say what he thought about culinary schools. He said it was about five years after he'd gotten out of the school that by a minor miracle he finally found himself working for a decent chef and started learning how to cook. He spent the next five years of his life "whoring himself out", and he now owns three restaurants.

Why do you ask?

I'm not sure what you mean by "eliminating whites", jim.

In reference to a white man not getting a job when up against an equally qualified black candidate just because his foe has had a "harder" time in life. Thats just utter nonsense.

Of course i am aware that schools are funded by local tax money, and I think that is a racist system. Maybe its crazy, but I think all children should have easy access to the same quality schools, and I think that quality should be high. But as it is, the quality of a school is directly related to the tax bracket of the area, which is why, in Chicago for example, the schools in the near suburbs are among the best in the country and the schools in the city are among the worst.

Racist my ass! You get quality when you give quality. To say that I should pony up more tax money because they can't afford it is insane. They collect welfare all year long and live in section 8 housing. How about they get a damn job, even if it means washing dishes or mowing lawns! They pay additional taxes with the money they earn and pay their way through life like most other respectable citizens.

A ten mile difference is a difference of planets. So tell me, have you ever heard the phrase "social justice"? Do you really think that it is acceptable that the quality of the education you receive in a public school should be dependent on the neighborhood your parents can afford to live in?

Where are we talking about, the boonies in W. Va? In rural NJ where I grew up there were about 10 grammar schools, 3 junior high schools & 3 High schools all within 3 miles of one another. My school was a little over a mile from where I lived and I spent a great deal of my time walking there. What are the black folks in these neighborhoods doing to make changes to the education system where they live?

And yes, in many cases it is a matter of the schools falling apart and over crowding. They should drive or walk to the schools in the other neighborhoods? You might as well ask them to fly, there, jim. You suppose their parents or parent, as the case may be, doesn't have to hold two or three McJobs just to pay the rent, buy the food, and buy the bus ticket to get back and forth to work? You really think a seven year old black kid is going to take the responsibility of getting himself over to the school where the rich kids go so that he can be harrassed by them in the hallways, and harrassed by the police walking home? Are you for real?

The parents workload is of no consequence to me. Did they suddenly get fired from their high paying jobs when they had children? They should think of their responsibilities before they bring a child into this world.

Now you're just throwing biased information out there about the abuse of the 7 year old and the police. Could it have ever happened? Sure. Is it a daily occurrence? Absolutely not. And yes, you're God damn right I'm for real! If people would learn responsibility and stop walking around as if the world owes them something, they just might learn better ways to advance themselves in todays society. I have sympathy for the child that might be in such a scenario, but I blame it on the parents - not on race relations in todays world.

Here is some information from a report published by the Institue of Medicine in 2002.
The odds of not having necessary angiography are 49% higher among African-American patients, compared with white ones.
African-American and Hispanic children with asthma are 31% and 42% less likely, respectively, than their white peers to be using inhaled anti-inflammatory medication, even when they share similar insurance and sociodemographic characteristics.
Only 46% of elderly African-Americans receive flu shots, compared with 68% of whites.
http://www.ama-assn.org/sci-pubs/am...03/edsa0414.htm

Thats a shame that their health might be neglected by irresponsible medical facilities. Thats what 2nd opinions are for though. Seek out an additional facility and get the proper treatment you deserve, then file a medical malpractice suit against the responsible physician afterwards.

And here is some information on loan discrimination from your home town.

Even blacks with incomes above $60,000 were rejected more often than whites with incomes under $40,000, with 20 percent of the blacks turned down compared with 17 percent of the whites.

http://www-personal.ksu.edu/~jbex/ny-lend.html
(the number of articles with regard to this issue was astounding.)

And this article doesn't explain why in any certain terms as to why they were denied. It doesn't cover criminal history, bankruptcies or anything else. It's just blanket numbers - black compared to white. There are a lot of factors that go into lending money, not just color.

For the job discrimination, you conceded to me with the caveat that it's probably just because they're inferior candidates. For one, that blatantly ignores the whole scenario which was agreed upon, that the candidates are otherwise equal, unless you're willing to assume that they couldn't be equal because one is black and one is white, in which case you've proven my point.

I've neither conceded or proven your point. If 2 candidates are equally qualified for a position as a network analyst, that will take into account their respective knowledge in that field. You haven't specified general intelligence into the equation. I would then go by their demeanor, attitude, overall intelligence... Not just flip a coin and give it to the minority.

And as for the IQ argument, it's shit. If my IQ is 40 points above the average white american's IQ, should I put it on my job or loan application? Should I have explained it to the cop that maced me and beat the shit out of me and CHARGED ME WITH ASSAULTING A POLICE OFFICER just because I was walking home drunk to my apartment in a predominantly black neighborhood? The cop swore up and down I was on crack, and when the test results came back that mother fucker was eating more than crow. Or how about when they pulled me over driving to work at least once a month?

Are you speaking theoretically here, or are you now saying you are black yourself? Not that it matters, but your attitude has changed quite drastically. And quite frankly, it's THAT that reeks of shit right now. Anyway, back to the issues...

You won't need to put IQ stats on a job application. If you had an IQ that much higher than the candidate sitting next to you, a simple conversation would reveal that!

Generally speaking, if someone was walking home drunk through a neighborhood that was known for crime, I would EXPECT the police to stop and investigate. If a man gets beat for no reason whatsoever, it is rare. Usually it's resistance, badmouthing, weapons, drugs... Of course there are bad cops, but again, they are the exception. And if my IQ was so high, I certainly wouldn't be walking around drunk through crime areas!

And don't even get me started about getting pulled over. I used to get pulled over weekly just because I had long hair! I was searched constantly and held for quite some time as they looked for any reason to give me a hard time. I knew it though, the blacks were just out to get me! :rolleyes:

Funny, I drive the same in a white neighborhood as in a black neighborhood, but I've never been pulled over driving in a white neighborhood.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but black neighborhoods have a substantially higher crime rate, and thats just a fact, deal with it! A white man will be pulled over sometimes when driving through a black neighborhood on suspicion alone, and vice versa. If you've done nothing wrong you'll have nothing to worry about. If the police ignored all of this then everyone would complain that they aren't doing enough to try and curtail crime.

If my IQ is 20 above the average white american's, should I discriminate against white americans? Should all white americans with only an average IQ be ghetoized and sent to plainly inferior shools? I happen to know that the difference between my own IQ and the average white American's is double the difference between the average white American and a certified retard. Does that give me the right to assume that every time I see a white person I'm probably looking at a very inferior dolt? I'd like to know what our President's IQ is. That mother fucker can barely speak.

Discriminate? no, but I would expect you to receive a job offer before the rest of the white Americans. You're running off on tangents now. No one said anyone with a lower IQ should be penalized in any way. I stated whites may have a better shot on quality employment as they are normally intellectually superior. If you don't like the sound of that, tough shit, thats the facts.

IQ is something that changes with culture. Have you taken an IQ test lately? I have. I was surprised to see that they gave me a higher IQ score because I knew the Pythagorian theorem and was familiar with one of Socrates's most famous quotes. You think that kind of information is something you might just learn at school? Does it mean you're less intelligent if you haven't read Socrates? Which is more different from the rest, Jim, a coconut, a grape, a banana, an apple, or a pear? Do you really want to say that someone who doesn't answer this correctly is less intelligent, and that it explains why so many black people are in the clink?

So your IQ test only had 3 questions? I believe they come up with a final tally based on a wide variety of skills and comprehension. A more well rounded individual will most likely score higher. So yes, if someone answers less of these questions I would consider them to be less intelligent. Tell them to go to the library and brush up on their skills.

On the other hand, there is evidence that "intelligence" is a genetically linked trait. So if black people, like horses and cows, were being selectively bred in this country to produce bigger and stronger slaves for a hundred and fifty years, do you think that should permit us to discriminate against them 'cause we weren't selecting for intelligence? You think its unreasonable to chose the black man, all other cualifications being equal, when this country was created in part on the backs of free black labor? If IQ scores can increase with education (and I know they can) and IQ is also a genetically linked trait, doesn't that suggest that over time, given the same access to education and jobs, that their average IQ would probably improve? And don't you think it might even be cheaper than keeping 5% of them behind bars?

Holy bejeezus! You are trying to say blacks are less intelligent because of slavery? Gimme a fuckin break! I can improve my intelligence over several months by reading books or attending classes, but you're trying to tell me they couldn't improve in a 142 years? LOL

And finally, regarding national crime statistics, yes. I do believe that the propensity to resort to violent crime has alot to do with the life opportunities that life presents you with. I think it has a lot to do with your environment. I think it has a lot to do with being angry and I can tell you right now, the average black man in the United States has a lot more to be angry about than you.

BULLSHIT! I've been down and out. Been unemployed through no fault of my own. Have had marital issues and poor living circumstances. No car, no license & no money. AND I DIDN'T RESORT TO CRIME! I really don't give a flying fuck what the black man has to be angry about! If he commits a crime, he deserves to be behind bars! It's thinking like this that has resulted in the statistics I've outlined.

On the other hand, I haven't seen too many black people flush the retirement packages of thousands of people down the toilets lately. I haven't seen many black people manipulating markets or brutally eliminating competition. There aren't many black people that get to carry home salaries of ten million a year and cut 40,000 jobs in the same year. Blacks are not to blame for the destruction of the ozone layer and the subsequent ignoring of the consequences. Blacks don't spend my tax money on useless billion dollar a pop defence items when there are people who can't even get decent medical care. They never stole from me but some of my best friends have.

You're correct, they were too busy murdering, raping & assaulting to get jobs that might have given them that authority!

John Coltrane kicks Kenny Gs ass all over the fucking place, and that's a fact.

Ummmm, ok. And I care about that as much as I care about a used tampon.

A black man befriended and saved the life of my grand father in WWII, but my grandfather never invited him to his house after the war. My grand father has West Virginia coal miner in him from both sides. What's your excuse?

Like I need some sort of excuse for not kissing a black mans ass? I owe them nothing and thats exactly what they'll get from me. I also don't owe my white neighbor a damn thing, and he'll get the same thing from me! They can seek all the handouts they want from the government, but they're in for a rude awakening if they come knocking on my door.

Originally posted by Bry
mtnbiker, I like to talk about myself as much as the next guy, but haven't you got anything better to do than asking for the details of my life? When I put a post up on Zionism I don't hear anything from you, but when I put a post up talking about my life, you act like I have to verify my sources.

You asked, so I'll answer, but you are trying my patience.

You felt the need to type your life story on here for all to read, then get impatient when someone asks about the very words you wrote here?

No offense, but if you don't want to discuss your personal life, then stick to the facts in your replies.

I could go on and on here about my trials and tribulations, my education, my employment background... First off, it generally gets looked at as bragging, and secondly, you then open yourself up for criticism and questioning.

Just my .02 cents again.

uh, Jim, you have gone on a bit about your personal life and difficult times. I did so in the same spirit. I do not mind answering questions, so long as they are phrased in a respectful manner. But that, apparently is too much to ask, and you're right, it was a misjudgment and I'm sorry I put it up.

As for this race discussion, I'm going to let that die too, for my part. Thanks for your post, Joan, I thought that was insightful.

-Bry

Originally posted by Bry
uh, Jim, you have gone on a bit about your personal life and difficult times. I did so in the same spirit. I do not mind answering questions, so long as they are phrased in a respectful manner. But that, apparently is too much to ask, and you're right, it was a misjudgment and I'm sorry I put it up.

As for this race discussion, I'm going to let that die too, for my part. Thanks for your post, Joan, I thought that was insightful.

-Bry

You are correct, I posted some personal aspects of my life as well. I did so knowing many people would be reading it and knowing I opened my self up to insults, criticism, questions... Comes with the territory on message boards. I don't necessarily think he was disrespectful, I think he was just being a little over curious. Point taken though and I think it's a bit easier to feel "attacked" when the posts in question hit closer to home.

We'll agree to disagree on a lot of points, but thats what happens 99% of the time!

Hey Jim and Bry! why don't you both quit your WHINING! :)

Ok, just kidding, I have nothing better to do than to come here and pick on you guys! boring boring, I know! now, why don't you two give hugs and kisses and all will be better! hheheheheheheh!

Is this guy for real?? I dont have the patience it would take to show him how wrong he is!! ;)

Forum List

Back