Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is Natural

Sophistry indeed.
A quick glance at your list reveals that the great majority of the oil spills were caused by tankers. If you stop drilling in the Gulf, we will still need Oil. We will purchase it from foreign governments and corporations. They will transport it to us using...you guesed it, TANKERS!!! You will put more tankers on the seas even though Offshore oil wells are far safer than tankers. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense......:cuckoo:

So, you sound as if you're about ready to climb aboard a green energy bandwagon. Oil is a finite resource, we ain't makin' anymore of it. It's dirty, difficult to obtain due to either its location geographically or politically. It's expensive.

Even your boy W said we Americans are 'addicted to oil'! Maybe it's time to put a moonshot type of program into place to finally rid ourselves of this dangerous and dirty addiction.

We can't supply ourselves with oil. Our reserves aren't that big and our appetite is too ravenous. To sustain this course means an inevitable series of ecological disasters. Those cost money (I'm trying to put things in terms you can appreciate as the damage to the environment is a topic Conservatives never want to actually face, where money is like jingling key in front of a nine month old)

So, how about it? Are you ready to stop fighting for oil, worrying about its cost and its access and scale our consumption back to sustainable levels?

You are proposing that because of one accident in 30 years, all off shore drilling should be suspended. That sounds extreme to me.

Should we investigate BP and ensure that their rigs are meeting all safety guidelines? Of course. Should we stop all drilling like the nutjobs want? NO.

It is like you saying that because you were in a car accident the other day, all driving should be suspended. :cuckoo:
Your problem, aside from a lack of knowledge of the environmental impact of off shore drilling, is a woefully short memory. Let's take a look at history.

Oil Spills and Disasters — Infoplease.com

You are proposing that because of one accident in 30 years, all off shore drilling should be suspended. That sounds extreme to me.

So much for that bit of sophistry!
Sophistry indeed.
A quick glance at your list reveals that the great majority of the oil spills were caused by tankers. If you stop drilling in the Gulf, we will still need Oil. We will purchase it from foreign governments and corporations. They will transport it to us using...you guesed it, TANKERS!!! You will put more tankers on the seas even though Offshore oil wells are far safer than tankers. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense......:cuckoo:

There you go, entering facts into the equation. How do you expect a liberal to win an argument when you go and do a fool thing like that?

Sophistry indeed.

So, you sound as if you're about ready to climb aboard a green energy bandwagon. Oil is a finite resource, we ain't makin' anymore of it. It's dirty, difficult to obtain due to either its location geographically or politically. It's expensive.

Even your boy W said we Americans are 'addicted to oil'! Maybe it's time to put a moonshot type of program into place to finally rid ourselves of this dangerous and dirty addiction.

We can't supply ourselves with oil. Our reserves aren't that big and our appetite is too ravenous. To sustain this course means an inevitable series of ecological disasters. Those cost money (I'm trying to put things in terms you can appreciate as the damage to the environment is a topic Conservatives never want to actually face, where money is like jingling key in front of a nine month old)

So, how about it? Are you ready to stop fighting for oil, worrying about its cost and its access and scale our consumption back to sustainable levels?

Do you have evidence that oil is a finite resource?

Sophistry indeed.

I favor an "all of the above" approach. We need to use wind, solar, nuclear, natural gas, geothermal, hydroelectric, hydrogen, OIL, energy efficient cars, buildings, roofs, etc.... We need to do it all. But as usual, the environmental wacko's are the problem. They fight Nuclear power, the limousine liberals fight wind farms because "they are ugly" and "they kill birds". We have stinky Birkenstock wearing hippies that want everyone to stop driving cars, stop using electricity, and to stop bathing. Sorry, but no thanks. We can become energy independent without becoming wackjobs.

Keep in mind, even if we develop a viable alternative or cut our consumption way back, we will still need OIL. We compete in a global economy. If we stop drilling for Oil in the Gulf, China will be there tomorrow. So you can take your pick, we either drill it ourselves and keep the money here and with our allies, or we allow China, Cuba, and others to do it and sell it back to us.

Rush Limbaugh says there's no reason to spend millions of dollars cleaning up that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The conservative radio host said the spill is a natural occcurence:

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

Opposing Views: Rush Limbaugh: Oil Spill is Natural

This man (and every one of his fans who actually thinks this man is credible) is an idiot!

Represent Rush, represent.

This man is a menace to Humanity.

Rush Limbaugh says there's no reason to spend millions of dollars cleaning up that massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. The conservative radio host said the spill is a natural occcurence:

“The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there. It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.”

This man (and every one of his fans who actually thinks this man is credible) is an idiot!

I don't think the word "man" applies in his case. It's more like little boy.

Not sure if this transcript is from the same broadcast the OP references, but it's still good, common-sense Rush, at his level-headed best.

Now there are stories that there are plumes of oil beneath the surface of the sea, some of them ten miles long. This led to a discussion of this phenomenon yesterday on Fox News Sunday. It was during the roundtable. Brit Hume, Juan Williams of NPR, Stephen Hayes, Weekly Standard, had this discussion.

HUME: That's a good question today, if you're standing down there on the Gulf, and that is, "Where is the oil?"

WILLIAMS: Where is the oil?

HUME: Except for little chunks of it, you're not even seeing it on the shores yet. You know where the greatest source of oil that seeps into the ocean is? It's from natural seepage from subterranean deposits. That's where most of it comes from, not from drilling accidents. What's badly needed here is some perspective on our energy policy and also on the hard realities of what really goes on when it comes to oil spillage.

WILLIAMS: I think Rush Limbaugh went down this road. "Oh, the ocean can handle it." I just think, you know, we have to take some responsibility for the environment and be responsible to people who live in that area, vacation in that area, fish in that area. It's just wrong to think, "You know what? Dump it on the ocean and let the ocean handle it." Why can't we...

HUME: Who said that?

HAYES: Nobody's making that argument.

HUME: Who is saying that?
spc.gif

RUSH: Nobody's saying that. So this is how Juan Williams and the left deal with it: "Oh, okay, you're going down the road that Limbaugh went down." Brit Hume is exactly right here. The amount of seepage, seepage is what it is, not a gusher, but seepage. Throughout the world oil from subterranean deposits leaks out and it never reaches the surface because it's eaten up and destroyed by the ocean. So let's not panic here, folks. If there's plumes of oil ten miles wide under there it's probably not going to be nearly as bad as all the doomsayers say. It never is as bad as the doomsayers say, is it?

Responsibility for the Oil Spill is on You, Environmentalist Wackos

NOT A GUSHER? Has he seen the video of the leak? He is insane.

He is getting fat off of people like you listening to his radio show. He is laughing all the way to the bank when you buy his stupidity.

Last edited:
Not sure if this transcript is from the same broadcast the OP references, but it's still good, common-sense Rush, at his level-headed best.

Now there are stories that there are plumes of oil beneath the surface of the sea, some of them ten miles long. This led to a discussion of this phenomenon yesterday on Fox News Sunday. It was during the roundtable. Brit Hume, Juan Williams of NPR, Stephen Hayes, Weekly Standard, had this discussion.

HUME: That's a good question today, if you're standing down there on the Gulf, and that is, "Where is the oil?"

WILLIAMS: Where is the oil?

HUME: Except for little chunks of it, you're not even seeing it on the shores yet. You know where the greatest source of oil that seeps into the ocean is? It's from natural seepage from subterranean deposits. That's where most of it comes from, not from drilling accidents. What's badly needed here is some perspective on our energy policy and also on the hard realities of what really goes on when it comes to oil spillage.

WILLIAMS: I think Rush Limbaugh went down this road. "Oh, the ocean can handle it." I just think, you know, we have to take some responsibility for the environment and be responsible to people who live in that area, vacation in that area, fish in that area. It's just wrong to think, "You know what? Dump it on the ocean and let the ocean handle it." Why can't we...

HUME: Who said that?

HAYES: Nobody's making that argument.

HUME: Who is saying that?
spc.gif

RUSH: Nobody's saying that. So this is how Juan Williams and the left deal with it: "Oh, okay, you're going down the road that Limbaugh went down." Brit Hume is exactly right here. The amount of seepage, seepage is what it is, not a gusher, but seepage. Throughout the world oil from subterranean deposits leaks out and it never reaches the surface because it's eaten up and destroyed by the ocean. So let's not panic here, folks. If there's plumes of oil ten miles wide under there it's probably not going to be nearly as bad as all the doomsayers say. It never is as bad as the doomsayers say, is it?

Responsibility for the Oil Spill is on You, Environmentalist Wackos

NOT A GUSHER? Has he seen the video of the leak? He is insane.

Here's a gusher!

CHS-12806;jsessionid=B5F88F3F822A0094919F088C9B623E20

Its 20 years later ignoramous.

So you're admitting that in 20 years we won't be able to tell there was ever a spill. Thanks, got it. :lol:

I'm sorry, I forgot you were a mentally retarded dumb whore

Exxon Valdez Anniversary: 20 Years Later, Oil Remains

Wow, another neg rep from Spiderman Tuba. :lol:

This time he couldn't think of anything better to say than: Fuck you whore

Ya know, Mr Tuba, it isn't very nice to call someone with a learning disability "mentally retarded," I'm just a little slow and see letters funny.

Aw, don't be so hard on Zona, he's really doing the best that he can. :)

Liberal nutjobs are just praying that this spill turns into an ecological nightmare......

No kidding.

Love your sig. I wonder why you used a quote by me? Where did you get that idea? :lol: By the way, I loved that thread you took that quote from. It really did bring out a lot of info some people didn't know about you. :) Wow. :dig:

I put the quote by you up not long after you wrote it. I'm sorry you're so juvenile that you felt the need to retaliate. And honestly, what I said isn't anything I haven't said before. It's pretty obvious you like being scared, you're a liberal after all. Emotional arguments and emotional responses are to be expected. I don't like being scared. That's why I have a conceal carry permit and don't want to be around the people that scare me. Doing something about your problem instead of waiting to be saved... what a concept.

Forum List

Back