Rush Limbaugh: Nobody Dies B/C Of Lack Of Health Insurance

I am not going to argue for denying people insurance who have pre-existing conditions.That is reprehensible. But that figure is quite small. People who are permanently disabled qualify for medicaid. People who lose their jobs qualify for Cobra. Yes its expensive, but responsible people are supposed to save for a rainy day. And I know several people who filed for bankruptcy. They did not die and they did not even lose their house. What Rush was saying is what all opponents of Obamacare have been saying "use the right words". People may die from lack of healthcare. Health insurance does not cure anything ex. one's bank balance.

Exactly. Having health insurance does NOT stop a disease from invading. But ins't this the picture that the proponents wish to portray?
No, that's the Straw Man CON$ wish to portray.

What health care advocates say is, having health insurance allows people to afford regular checkups which can lead to early diagnosis and a higher percentage of successful treatment as opposed to GOP health care which is emergency room diagnosis and treatment.

July 24, 2009
RUSH: I think there is a myth in this country about all the people who don't get medical treatment. I think that's part of the sales pitch here. I've talked to a number of doctors, surgeons, ER, intensive care, patient comes in, they get treated, whether they can pay or not, and they're sent a bill if they don't have insurance. And they make arrangements with the hospital to pay it off over time, and if they don't, then the car repossessors head out to take the car, what have you. People get treated in this country. If you walk into the emergency room, by law you have to get treated. People get health care in this country whether they have insurance or not.

Yep. And I have "cadillac" insurance that does not pay for certain "well care" appts. I pay for vaccinations and physicals for my kids. I paid for a mammogram before I was 40. If I was unwilling to do that, would it be BC/BS's fault or mine if we got sick? Or perhaps I could sue God? People are very naïve if they think that Obamacare is going to pay for everything for everyone. Or else they are lying.

Yep. And I have "cadillac" insurance that does not pay for certain "well care" appts. I pay for vaccinations and physicals for my kids. I paid for a mammogram before I was 40. If I was unwilling to do that, would it be BC/BS's fault or mine if we got sick? Or perhaps I could sue God? People are very naïve if they think that Obamacare is going to pay for everything for everyone. Or else they are lying.

They haven't bothered to READ the stinkin Bill. They're like sheep that are in this for the "oneupmanship", i.e., POLITICS. Like rooting for bloodsport, and they don't CARE a WIT of what this Legislation portends to do.

And of course these are people who speak of Liberty, but still have YET to learn the true meaning of it. (They are unwilling to cut the apron strings of their mommies), therefore Big Governemnt becomes their surrogate. :cool:

Don't Let up.

Last edited:
But no one does die from lack of health insurance. They die from diseases and mortal bodies.

We all do.

I know some of the liberals on this board have this idea that somehow if the government takes control of health care that no one will ever die. The fact is that's not true. Its not even realistically possible. I just wish one of these days you would actually ask yourself about how much worse our system will be if you get your way. It might make you think twice before giving up your freedom for bad results.
The Democratic plan has nothing to do with the government take over, but you got the con talking points down pat.

Um what woul;d you call it then when the government undercuts all private insurers on health insurance?

Oh and when I said "get a second job" I meant to pay for the "lackahealthinsuranceitis". Heresd another treatment - give up cable TV and buy a smaller house. 10K for "wenowhavehealthinsurancitis".
Not the worst idea in the world. Health Insurance helps you control costs with the world's growth industry, one that thank goodness has many many new treatments than our grandparents had to deal with.

I really don't take this as a slap in the face as "my generation is doing worse than the previous one". Just a sign medical science has created a whole new field of expenses. And a good field if you want 21st century treatment for your medical problem.
Um what would you call it then when the government undercuts all private insurers on health insurance?
a gift from the all mighty (god or Obama lol)

We all have government insurance anyway. Even if you show up at the Urgent Care Center w/o insurance you get SOME FORM of treatment. They'll resist the urge to give you the best treatment but you do get treated. If your situation is chronic enough you end up on government disability. If not the hospital tries to bill you $100 a month or whatever then writes it off on their taxes.

Still I think folks need to work more.

Actually more like a swift kick in the gonads based on what happens every where in Europe that the government is sole payer. Government run health care works okay if you are young and healthy but almost anything works okay if you are young and healthy.

Forum List

Back