Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney is not a Conservative.

Ted Kennedy has nothing to do with state politics.
FYI he is US Senator.
"fair wage"

Do you spend time practicing being dense or is it a natural ability?

Romney Called Ted Kennedy A 'Parent' Of Romneycare In 2006 | ThinkProgress
David Corn points to this video of Mitt Romney effusively praising the late Sen. Ted Kennedy for helping secure federal funding for Massachusetts’ health care reform law at its signing ceremony in 2006, even going so far as to call him a “parent” of reform. It’s “probably not what Romney wants GOP primary voters to have in mind when they enter a polling place or caucus meeting,” but it is a video Democrats will likely point to if Romney is the eventual nominee:

Also recall that Kennedy initially opposed the law’s central tenet — a requirement that everyone purchase health insurance. The mandate originated as a Republican idea and was heavily promoted by Romney as a “conservative solution” that would force people to take “personal responsibility” for the cost of coverage. As Kennedy explained in December 2005, “I’ve never been one for individual mandates in the past, but I do think that the way this has been proposed, in that everybody will do their part, that’s a compromise. I can buy into that.”
Oh, yeah, and he's dead, so don't refer to him in the present tense... dummy.

Maybe you should change your avi to Inspector Clouseau...

Kennedy had nothing to do with the writing of this bill as you claimed before.
Nothing. Zilch, zero. Wrong again Moe.
Kennedy opposed the main requirement of the law and only caved in for a compromise.
Try again. As usual, your milk is very, very weak.
At least I know how to spell.

Orin Hatch stated that Kennedy would have opposed the Obama bill as written.
The staff stated the same thing.

Wow, you just can't admit when you're wrong, can you. That's kind of pathetic, really. Never said Kennedy helped "write" the RomneyCare plan. I said he approved of it, and helped get federal funding. And then I backed up my claim.

The ironic thing was, back around 2007 or so, Romney used to proudly point to RomneyCare as a great example of working across party lines to acheive a goal.

Except now he wouldn't be caught having a drink with his own proposal. (Good thing his religion prohibits alcohol and coffee.

Wow, you just can't admit when you're wrong, can you. That's kind of pathetic, really. Never said Kennedy helped "write" the RomneyCare plan. I said he approved of it, and helped get federal funding. And then I backed up my claim.

The ironic thing was, back around 2007 or so, Romney used to proudly point to RomneyCare as a great example of working across party lines to acheive a goal.

Except now he wouldn't be caught having a drink with his own proposal. (Good thing his religion prohibits alcohol and coffee.

the one he sat down with Ted Kennedy on and did a PowerPoint"
That was you.
He never sat down with Kennedy.
You got the last part right except youbelieve it is bad. And you believe sitting down with the other party, crossing the aisle is A BAD THING?

the one he sat down with Ted Kennedy on and did a PowerPoint"
That was you.
He never sat down with Kennedy.
You got the last part right except youbelieve it is bad. And you believe sitting down with the other party, crossing the aisle is A BAD THING?

Go back and read what lead up to it. Romney got Ted the Drunk's support. He even did a powerpoint presenation... He got most of what he asked for initially.

Yeah, I do kind of think that the RomneyCare and ObamaCare are horrible ideas. They don't fix the underlying problem, which is rapidly increasing costs.

One can find a pearl in a silt basin, Immie, just takes sifting. I have no use for those on Left or Right that let others do their thinking for them, instead of getting in and sift themselves. You sift, I sift, many others do. Mud and so many others here merely open their mouths for Left or Right fashioned media servings. Such as these who have the vote (OMG) don't have to think.
Let's add "Intellectually pretentious" to your list of character flaws, Jake The Fake...

JoeB-izarro could not find a pearl in a pearl store. Fact.

"Intellectually pretensious" certainly describes JoeB-izarro's type of thinking.

I don't care what Rush thinks- Romney is the best candidate and he is conservative on the issues that I care about - fiscal policy and immigration.

If Romney is elected, the immigration 'problem' will change no faster than it has during the last 10 administrations.

The words are nice, and they get your attention, but it doesn't matter which one of these guys gets elected, or if Obama gets re-elected. NOTHING will happen.

Well alot has happened on the immigration front since Obama was elected. He sent troops to the border and has been deporting illegals in record numbers. It's nothing conservatives even bother to talk about..but there have been some industries so starved of immigrant labor they are suggesting using the prison population to compensate.

Ain't that a pickle? :lol:

JoeB-izarro believes that answering his silly fantasy posts is now cyberstalking. He can join JRK on that silliness.

Look at me Joe-BizzaroBoy in the eyes. You talk stupid, you get corrected. That is done with all fruit loops, putting them back into reality.

Talk silly, get corrected. Every time, JoeB-izarro.

Rush Limbaugh, February 2008:

"I think now, based on the way the campaign has shaken out, that there probably is a candidate on our side who does embody all three legs of the conservative stool, and that’s Romney."

lol

Rush Limbaugh *endorses Mitt Romney « Hot Air

Don't feel like reading all the posts in the thread. Just wanted to make sure this quote from Rush was included. It has been. I'm bumping it.

Happy Sunday!

"I think now, based on the way the campaign has shaken out, that there probably is a candidate on our side who does embody all three legs of the conservative stool, and that’s Romney."

Don't feel like reading all the posts in the thread. Just wanted to make sure this quote from Rush was included. It has been. I'm bumping it.

Happy Sunday!

Which only goes to show that Rush (whom I enjoy listening to sometimes) is a shill.

To recap. In 2008, Mike Huckabee made this surprise surge, and he seemed to be going places. This panicked the GOP establishment, which is happy to take the votes of Evangelicals, but doesn't really want one who believes that Jesus stuff in charge.

So they got behind Mitt Romney. But Mitt Romney was too MOrmon, too liberal, too dishonest, too, well Romney for anyone. Rush tried to propell him, but even his own listeners weren't buying it.

So eventually, the Establishment settled for McCain.

Incidently, Romney isn't fit to carry John McCain's medal box.

lol

Happy Sunday!

Oh man, really? :lol:

Rush Limbaugh: Mitt Romney is not a Conservative.

Nice to see Rush complimenting him like that

lol

Happy Sunday!

Oh man, really? :lol:

Yup.

I don't know anything which has changed on Mitt's side which would justify the change on Rush's side.

I've heard some of what Rush has to say about Romney and most (all?) of what I've heard has been about Romneycare. But Mitt's position on that is essentially the same now as it was in 2008.

In 2007, Mitt made it clear that he thought states should decide what was best for themselves. He did what Massachusetts wanted because he was the governor of Massachusetts. He did not favor a federal mandate.

That's a conservative position. So I have no idea why Rush is bashing him now on it when he was fine with it in 2008.

In 2007, Mitt made it clear that he thought states should decide what was best for themselves.

But he doesn't believe states should retain regulatory authority over all health insurance plans sold within their borders, nor does he believe tort law should be left entirely to states. So let's not get carried away with how dedicated Romney is to the idea of leaving health matters to states.

Yup.

I don't know anything which has changed on Mitt's side which would justify the change on Rush's side.

I've heard some of what Rush has to say about Romney and most (all?) of what I've heard has been about Romneycare. But Mitt's position on that is essentially the same now as it was in 2008.

In 2007, Mitt made it clear that he thought states should decide what was best for themselves. He did what Massachusetts wanted because he was the governor of Massachusetts. He did not favor a federal mandate.

That's a conservative position. So I have no idea why Rush is bashing him now on it when he was fine with it in 2008.

The thing that has changed is the conservative movement itself. It is now opposed to ANY government intervention in the private market, and considers all government programs bad. What has changed is that Obama stole Romney's idea and claimed it as his own.

Now, I'm not a fan of it because it doesn't address the real problem, that health care costs are spiralling out of control and neither plan does anything of substance to control that.

JoeB is absolutely correct by spiralling health care costs. Neither plan can or will stop them.

Forum List

Back