Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

I often go weeks and weeks without hearing any of Rush's stuff since I -- you know -- work during his radio show hours.

But I am happy to report that I get to more or less keep up with what Rush has to say because the lolberals are totally fucking obsessed with his every word.

so wh at did he talk about yesterday?

Oh, that's right, you don't know and neither does anyone else because people STOPPED caring about what he has to say.

You care enormously.

I would know except, as I already noted, I often don't get to listen to his show. It has to do with working.

You wouldn't understand.

I would know except, as I already noted, I often don't get to listen to his show. It has to do with working.

You wouldn't understand.
Which is why the millions and millions of CON$ervoFascists who listen religiously to all 3 hours of Porky's show every day deny it, if they admitted they listened they acknowledge they do not have jobs and suck off the government teat.

I know, I know - we've heard it before, but there's no denying the plain truth and the evidence. Sane people, I mean.

I predict he will quit his show in the next year when his contract expires. He will never get big money again, and his ego won't allow him to take any less.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator
Indianapolis' WIBC is just the latest station to drop him like a bad habit. His days of relevance are numbered

The bad news just keeps coming for conservative talker Rush Limbaugh.

Which bulletin was worse, though? The news in April that he was being dropped by WIBC in Indianapolis, a booming talk powerhouse that played home to Limbaugh’s radio show for more than two decades, or the news this week that the talker’s new address on the Indianapolis dial is going to be WNDE, a ratings doormat AM sports station that has so few listeners it trails the commercial-free classical music outlet in town?

The humbling, red-state tumble is just the latest setback for the conservative talker who has seen his once-golden career suffer a steady series of losses recently.

Divorced from successful, longtime affiliates in places like New York, Los Angeles, Boston, and Indianapolis, Limbaugh’s professional trajectory is heading downward. That’s confirmed by the second and third-tier stations he now calls home in those important media markets, and the fact that when his show became available, general managers up and down the dial passed on it. Apparently turned off by the show’s hefty price tag, sagging ratings, and disappearing advertisers, Limbaugh continues to be a very hard sell.

It’s a precipitous fall from the glory days when the host posted huge ratings numbers, had affiliates clamoring to join his network, and dictated Republican politics. All of that seems increasingly distant now. With his comically inflated, $50 million-a-year syndication deal set to expire next year, Limbaugh’s future seems uncertain. “Who would even want someone whose audience is aging and is considered toxic to many advertisers,” askedRadioInsight last month.

For Limbaugh, the troubles were marked by key events from 2012 and 2013. The first came in the form of Limbaugh’s Sandra Fluke implosion, where he castigated and insulted for days the graduate student who testified before Congress about health care and access to contraception, calling her a “slut” and suggesting she post videos of herself having sex on the Internet. The astonishing monologues sparked an unprecedented advertiser exodus.

The following year, as the host struggled to hang on to fleeing sponsors, radio industry giant Cumulus Media decided to negotiate its Limbaugh contract in public, making it clear through the press that the company was willing to cut ties with the pricey host in major cities where Cumulus owned talk radio stations. In the end, Limbaugh stayed with Cumulus stations, but the company sent a clear signal to the industry: Limbaugh was no longer an untouchable and general managers weren’t clamoring to hire him. Since then, the talker’s fortunes have only faded.

Another looming problem? Conservative talk radio is a “format fewer advertisers are interested in buying because of its aging audience,” noted radio consultant and self-identified Republican Darryl Parks. Limbaugh himself recently conceded a generational disconnect: “Now that I’ve outgrown the 25-54 demographic, I’m no longer confident that the way I see the world is the way everybody else does.

That disconnect may be fueling Limbaugh’s waning political influence. Once a mighty player whose ring was constantly kissed by Republicans, this campaign season seems to be unfolding with Limbaugh on the sidelines, his clout and his ability to drive the conversation seemingly surpassed by other conservative media players.
Excellent post.

If Rush's show ends tomorrow, it will be a very successful and long run and Limbaugh can live the rest of his life as a wealthy man spending most of his time on the golf course.
Having vomited bigotry, racism, misinformation and propaganda to his audience for 20 some years. There's a sure place in Heaven for this guy....not.

If Rush's show ends tomorrow, it will be a very successful and long run and Limbaugh can live the rest of his life as a wealthy man spending most of his time on the golf course.
Having vomited bigotry, racism, misinformation and propaganda to his audience for 20 some years. There's a sure place in Heaven for this guy....not.

How much do you listen to him?

Enough to know what I'm talking about.

Enough to know what I'm talking about.

So you listen to him more than most conservatives. Thanks for being distracted.

If Rush Limbaugh is so irrelevant why did you start this thread?
If he is so relevant, why has he lost 70% of his audience since his Sandra Fluke rant?

proof?
Your MessiahRushie says only his own ratings can be trusted, not any outside ratings. By his own ratings he said in 2011, before his early 2012 Fluke rant, he had over 40 million listeners per day, and earlier this week he said he now has 12 million listeners per day which is a 70% loss of audience.
Eddie you've come down with a case of the JoeyB Dolezals with this JoeyB-like lie. Rush never claimed 40 million daily listeners.

The preceding is a Public Service Announcement.

I used to liberal and conservative talk radio years ago. Mostly liberal radio complained about conservatives. Conservative radio complained about liberals.

No one on either side complained about their miserable life.
Liberal radio is best listened to during nap time....

Liberal radio is the FM dial. The creative people that make music. Conservatives are good at whining on the AM dial, and oh are they good at it.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Surely you know how lame you sounded right there, lol.
Not at all...
Libs listen to FM and vegetate listening to someone else's creativity. Conservatives tend to want to learn something.

Helloooo...Joey! JoeyB Dolezal are you still here? Joey!

Gosh I really wanted to run into my old pal in this dormant thread. I'm pretty sure he'd remember how nice it was of me to point out all his lies about...well, about all sorts of stuff regarding Rush's radio advertisers. It was a bit of a bouncing ball thing because he'd often sort of change what he was lying about, I guess thinking no one would notice, and off he'd go with a new one.

Dominican Rent Boy, the problem is, no one is paying attention to Rush anymore because he's been largely rendered irrelevent.

Here, make it easy for you. Go to Google News, and then type in Rush Limbaugh. THere are no news stories about the guy anymore. Simply, whatever he is doing on his show, no one cares. He's not even a relevent factor in the 2016 race like he was in 2012, mostly because Trump is saying even more outrageous things.
JoeyB I see you clipped the really embarrassing parts of my post about your long history of lies about Rush's advertisers. But that's cool. Your attempt at face saving among your fellow low information nitwits is duly noted by all and somewhat understandable because no one likes getting caught with their pants down as often as you have in here.

On a different note, I just want you to know I'm contemplating changing you last name from Dolezal to Truthmatters. I think it's warranted because not only would Truthy lie about things, especially with regards to Rush, as prolifically as you but she was also, like you, not very bright. Thus it seems like a natural move on my part. Anyway, if I do you'll be among the first to know. I promise.

Oh, and what a hoot when another poster took you up on googling Rush in the news. LOL..another swing and a miss for JoeyB's veracity.

some day, CorkyGeorgio, you might add something of value to a conversation.

This isn't that day. Tomorrow isn't looking promising.

Okay, so getting back to the subject of the thread, when was the last time Limbaugh said something that made headlines?

I am sure you are hoping that he will as you clearly need an example to follow.

Actually, COrkyGeorgio is kind of boring me, as his whole schtick is showing me how much space I occupy in his head rent free.

Beyond that, he really hasn't addressed the question.

When was the last time Rush Limbaugh made the news for something he said on his radio show?

He has fallen a long way since the Fluke incident, when he outed the misogyny of the GOP Base and no candidate could stand up to him.

Now, they just ignore him.
This is too funny. Turns out the last time Rush said something on his show that made the news was...yesterday!

Within the first ten minutes or so today he was talking about the sound bites he'd be using in the course of today's show. Sound bites being audio replays of other peoples' TV, radio, etc. words on whatever topics. He said of the batch that 11 were people reporting/opining on things he talked about yesterday.

So he was a lot more relevant yesterday than, say, Hillary. Too funny, huh?

How arrogant on your part.

You know he's not going to heaven.

I used to liberal and conservative talk radio years ago. Mostly liberal radio complained about conservatives. Conservative radio complained about liberals.

Liberal radio is the FM dial. The creative people that make music. Conservatives are good at whining on the AM dial, and oh are they good at it.

Not at all...
Libs listen to FM and vegetate listening to someone else's creativity. Conservatives tend to want to learn something.

Yes 'libs' enjoy watching movies made by the most talented humans on Earth about the pains, lows and highs of living life, or going to see plays with talented people, or going to see paintings, or listening to music by the most talented people who spend a life time honing their craft.

Cons would rather listen to a fat old man whine about how miserable life is and how its all someone else's fault.

Hmmm, which to choose, which to choose...

Eddie you've come down with a case of the JoeyB Dolezals with this JoeyB-like lie. Rush never claimed 40 million daily listeners.
Of course your MessiahRushie did, and you should know by now I can back everything I post about Porky with quotes taken from his OWN transcripts.

May 26, 2011

RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

Not at all...

Yes 'libs' enjoy watching movies made by the most talented humans on Earth about the pains, lows and highs of living life, or going to see plays with talented people, or going to see paintings, or listening to music by the most talented people who spend a life time honing their craft.

Cons would rather listen to a fat old man whine about how miserable life is and how its all someone else's fault.

I would bet that more liberals listen to Rush than they listen to Thomm Hartman or Randi Rhodes or a whole host of other liberal talk shows.

His problem is that he stuck with his targets too long. You can only hate one target so much before it gets boring. The party as a whole knows better. So they have rotating targets.
Gays
Blacks
Hispanics
Women's rights
Muslims
Liberals
Smart women
College professors
Immigrants

then

Back to the gays and so on. Never too long on any one group. The secret to keeping the hatred going is to constantly change the target. People so ignorant to believe the disastrous response to Katrina was Obama's fault will always see a different target as a fresh target.

Not at all...

Yeah, cuz republicans don't watch movies.

What a retarded premise.

Not at all...

I would bet that more liberals listen to Rush than they listen to Thomm Hartman or Randi Rhodes or a whole host of other liberal talk shows.
Yup.

Forum List

Back