Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Liar.

Now let's look at these liew, point by point, shall we?

Firstly, the unemployment data.

Rush stated "under the Bush administration, unemployment was 5.0%", citing figures from April of 2008.

What he neglected to mention was that by Obama's first month in office, February of 2009, unemployment had already reached 8.1%.

This is a lie, specifically a lie of omission.

Unemployment was at historical lows during most of Bush's Presidency, it was 7.6% when he left office.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

If you look at the above chart you can quite clearly see it was low throught his entire Presidency. I remember the libs complaining about 6% being high, they'd kill to get those numbers back. Bush did not control the banks and real estate sectors to prevent the failures and subsequent economic freefall. This is attributed to folks like the Congressional Black Caucus, Barney Frank, and community organizer lawyers like the Hussein who sued banks and forced banks to start giving loans to people who had no business getting them.

The corporate bailouts that Hussein blessed and conservatives protested against have done nothing to better the economy, that is all on Hussein and his Democrats. You can throw Bush in there too he went along with the Democrat Congress in his last few months.

Hussein and the Democrats in Congress did not "inherit" this mess, they helped create it.

And at 8.1% in February. People have to wait 2 weeks before they can claim unemployment.

As for the second point...

How could Limbaugh possibly think of claiming the housing crisis was Obama's fault?

I mean, I know he thinks his listeners are stupid, but does he really expect them to have such a short attention span that they don't remember what happened over the past two to three years?

What about listeners that actually lost their homes a year-and-a-half ago? Does he expect them to conveniently forget who was president at the time?

Not only is the Limp Idiot a liar, but he's a racist as well.

Why else do you think that they wouldn't let that fat fucker be part of the buyers group for the NFL?

Go ahead dittoheads..........defend his NFL crips and bloods statement.

I suppose you think its OK for Soros to be an owner? :eusa_whistle:

As for the "bloods and crips" statement, here's Rush's comment on that:
LIMBAUGH: But that comment was more of an, oh, no, geez. Don't let it -- don't let this happen to the game. You don't want to see brawls on the field. You don't want to -- just don't -- I don't want to see it.

So, I was criticizing a mind-set that is destructive. And it was not helpful. It was not racial. Bloods and Crips makes it look racial, but the way I chose to describe it -- I could have perhaps chosen a different term.
CNN.com - Transcripts

There was nothing racist about it, he was talking about when players start brawling on the field. That its a thug mentality the NFL doesn't need. Who cares if he says it looked like two gangs going at it, because when they do get in fights that is what it looks like. Only liberals would automatically assume that its a "racist" comment, when he wans't talking about the races of NFL players at all. Its just yet another completly overblown quote that libs have to grasp onto bellow out their phoney outrage over Rush Limbo's "racism" because all their other favorite Rush quotes were completely FALSE.

Rush stated "under the Bush administration, unemployment was 5.0%", citing figures from April of 2008.

What he neglected to mention was that by Obama's first month in office, February of 2009, unemployment had already reached 8.1%.

Unemployment was at historical lows during most of Bush's Presidency, it was 7.6% when he left office.

If you look at the above chart you can quite clearly see it was low throught his entire Presidency. I remember the libs complaining about 6% being high, they'd kill to get those numbers back. Bush did not control the banks and real estate sectors to prevent the failures and subsequent economic freefall. This is attributed to folks like the Congressional Black Caucus, Barney Frank, and community organizer lawyers like the Hussein who sued banks and forced banks to start giving loans to people who had no business getting them.

The corporate bailouts that Hussein blessed and conservatives protested against have done nothing to better the economy, that is all on Hussein and his Democrats. You can throw Bush in there too he went along with the Democrat Congress in his last few months.

Hussein and the Democrats in Congress did not "inherit" this mess, they helped create it.
You are just parroting LimpBoy crapaganda about UE being at RECORD LOWS during Bush's term when your own link shows UE at 3.9% during Clinton's last year. Bush was NEVER that low, some "record." And LimpBoy claims Bush "inherited" a recession that didn't start until 2 months AFTER he was in office, but Obama didn't inherit a ressession that started a year BEFORE he took office, just because your MessiahRushie told you so. :cuckoo:
You are sooooooooo brainwashed you can't even see your own stats.

Please link to the banks Obama sued.

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page
August 7, 2009
Story #5: NYT to Claim Unemployment Problem "Decade Old"
RUSH: You remember it was just two years ago we were at record employment at 4.7%, after coming out of a mild recession that Clinton left us with

If Bush Jr. did such a good job, then why did things go completely to shit 6 months before he left?

This is attributed to folks like the Congressional Black Caucus, Barney Frank, and community organizer lawyers like the Hussein who sued banks and forced banks to start giving loans to people who had no business getting them.

Learn to read.

The problem with banks started long before Bush. It was a policy that Carter started, and Clinton expanded.

And at 8.1% in February. People have to wait 2 weeks before they can claim unemployment.

I see, so lame duck Bush was responsible for everything in the last few months of his Presidency. Even though anything he could sign into law had to go through a Democrat controlled Congress.

Yet no credit for the many years he had with a Republican Congress that enabled him to pass laws as part of his policy.

:cuckoo:

If Bush Jr. did such a good job, then why did things go completely to shit 6 months before he left?

This is attributed to folks like the Congressional Black Caucus, Barney Frank, and community organizer lawyers like the Hussein who sued banks and forced banks to start giving loans to people who had no business getting them.

Learn to read.

The problem with banks started long before Bush. It was a policy that Carter started, and Clinton expanded.

Actually it expanded under Reagan.

But the point is that none of it is Obama's fault, which was the claim Rush made.

You are just parroting LimpBoy crapaganda about UE being at RECORD LOWS during Bush's term when your own link shows UE at 3.9% during Clinton's last year. Bush was NEVER that low, some "record." And LimpBoy claims Bush "inherited" a recession that didn't start until 2 months AFTER he was in office, but Obama didn't inherit a ressession that started a year BEFORE he took office, just because your MessiahRushie told you so. :cuckoo:
You are sooooooooo brainwashed you can't even see your own stats.

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page
August 7, 2009
Story #5: NYT to Claim Unemployment Problem "Decade Old"
RUSH: You remember it was just two years ago we were at record employment at 4.7%, after coming out of a mild recession that Clinton left us with

I never claimed Clinton caused a recession. The economy under Clinton was pretty good since he had a Republican Congress to keep him in check.

Sorry, I assumed you libs knew of your President's past:

Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed

Case Summary
Plaintiffs filed their class action lawsuit on July 6, 1994, alleging that Citibank had engaged in redlining practices in the Chicago metropolitan area in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 15 U.S.C. 1691; the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3619; the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; and 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982. Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories. Plaintiffs sought injunctive relief, actual damages, and punitive damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Ruben Castillo certified the Plaintiffs’ suit as a class action on June 30, 1995. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 322 (N.D. Ill. 1995). Also on June 30, Judge Castillo granted Plaintiffs’ motion to compel discovery of a sample of Defendant-bank’s loan application files. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 338 (N.D. Ill. 1995).

The parties voluntarily dismissed the case on May 12, 1998, pursuant to a settlement agreement.
Plaintiff’s Lawyers Alexis, Hilary I. (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-7501 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Childers, Michael Allen (Illinois)
Clayton, Fay (Illinois)
Cummings, Jeffrey Irvine (Illinois)
Love, Sara Norris (Virginia)
FH-IL-0011-9000
Miner, Judson Hirsch (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Obama, Barack H. (Illinois)
Wickert, John Henry (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-9000
UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans | Media Circus

...Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories.

Obviously, according to your own material, the case was a civil rights case relating to the issue of discrimination against black applicants. Not "suing the bank to accept bad loan applications".

Or are you insinuating that the black applicants were worse risks than the white applicants?

Last edited:
I see, so lame duck Bush was responsible for everything in the last few months of his Presidency. Even though anything he could sign into law had to go through a Democrat controlled Congress.

Yet no credit for the many years he had with a Republican Congress that enabled him to pass laws as part of his policy.

:cuckoo:

Apparently, you're missing the point.

Rush did not try to blame the congress as a whole.

He claimed the unemployment was the result of the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION.

Whoever was responsible, it most certainly was not the Obama administration, now was it?

Learn to read.

But the point is that none of it is Obama's fault, which was the claim Rush made.

I highly doubt Rush would claim that none of the problems today are Obama's fault.

Rush has said it many times on his show, liberal policies are what is responisble for this mess. Obama is just the front man because he is their leader, he has contributed to the problems in the past.

Hussein was definately a part of the movement to get "poor" people into houses. He worked as a lawyer for ACORN, and sued Citibank. These thug lawyers all around the country who have been sueing banks have helped cause this problem. The congressional black cacus and Barney Frank have been pushing legislation for years to force the banks to give loans to poor people.
The "stimulus" bill was supposed to help the economy and lower unemployment with "shovel ready" jobs. It failed miserably. Yet Obama and his sheep want to pass another stimulus bill.

These are the main causes of the economic freefall. Not tax breaks to the super rich or corporations. What's even more amazing, is the party that attacks Republicans for giving "tax breaks to the rich and big business", is all about billion dollar corporate bailouts. All while conservatives protest corporate bailouts.

Not only is the Limp Idiot a liar, but he's a racist as well.

Why else do you think that they wouldn't let that fat fucker be part of the buyers group for the NFL?

Go ahead dittoheads..........defend his NFL crips and bloods statement.

No defense is needed.

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

CALLER: I’ve listened to you since September 11th, and I find that I almost always agree with you. I’d say I only disagree with you about 1.5% of the time coincidentally enough. But the reason I’m calling today, sir, is I wanted to get your thoughts regarding what LaDainian Tomlinson had to say about Bill Belichick this past week.

RUSH: Okay, I’m going to take your call, I’m going to use this to expand the answer to incorporate all of the National Football League if you don’t mind.

CALLER: Not at all.

RUSH: To set the table for people who do not know, after the Chargers and Patriots game, the Chargers sitting around moping, all depressed, because they had the game won, it was just all kinds of stupid mistakes, and let me tell you what happened. Some of the Patriots went to midfield where the Chargers logo is and started doing an imitation of a victory dance done by Chargers player Shawne Merriman after he sacks a quarterback. Now, here are the Chargers who have lost a game they should have won, who lost a game precisely because of the same kind of behavior they’re ripping the Patriots for, and LaDainian Tomlinson says that was classless, (paraphrasing) “We went in there, we beat them twice on their field and we didn’t disrespect them. This obviously comes from the head coach,” meaning Belichick. LaDainian Tomlinson was accusing Belichick of ordering his players and creating a culture that would make it okay for players to go on the field and taunt and so forth and so on.

Now, LaDainian Tomlinson to me is the classiest player in the National Football League. He doesn’t do a dance, he doesn’t spike the ball when he scores. He and Marvin Harrison are the two most classy individuals playing in the National Football League today, in skill positions. They just hand the ball back to the referee. They act like they’ve been there and done that, like scoring a touchdown is no big deal, they don’t taunt, they don’t act like they’ve been dissed or any of this. Let me tell you, the Chargers would not have lost that game were it not for a bunch of — I gotta be very careful here. It’s not just irresponsible, but there is a cultural problem in the NFL that has resulted in a total lack of class on the part of professional players.

There was a play where Brady was third and long, he was sacked, fumbled the ball, the Patriots recovered it, it will be fourth and long, forcing an interesting decision late in the game by the Patriots. After the play is over, a Chargers player gets in the face of a Patriots player, head butts him and starts jawing. This is the reason these guys are getting shot in bars, folks, late at night. Fifteen-yard penalty, automatic first down. So for the Chargers to complain about the lack of class by the Patriots, I found laughable. I think something ought to be done about it, because I love the game of football, and I don’t like the kind of culture that’s taking over, that “you can’t diss me, you can’t disrespect me.” After every sack, players are acting like they’ve won the Super Bowl, and they’re prancing around with these idiotic dances. The latest thing is to act like they’re making a jump shot in basketball. It’s all done to taunt; it’s all done to taunt the other team’s fans.

I don’t want boring football. I don’t want the no-fun league, but you can certainly have great football games without a lack of class. I don’t know how it’s been allowed to happen this way. I guess the coaches don’t feel confident to continue — this was very rare for the Patriots to act the way they did, and who knows what led to it. I don’t think of Belichick as that kind of coach, but Tomlinson’s words reverberated around the league. A lot of people said, “I’m glad he said something, because Belichick is getting away here with an image that he doesn’t deserve.” I’ve played golf with Belichick; he’s a mild-mannered, soft-spoken man. I even saw him at a cocktail party here in Palm Beach before dinner one night. That whole organization to me exudes class, as does Tom Brady, and you don’t see them doing this kind of stuff.

One of the reasons the Pittsburgh Steelers had trouble this year was a total lack of discipline, in addition to all their turnovers, total lack of discipline, 15-yard penalties, unnecessary roughness, taunting after plays are over, after successful defensive stands, they blow it. There’s something culturally wrong here that is leading to all this. It’s gotta be dealt with at the top, because it simply is classless. I can I understand LaDainian Tomlinson being upset because he doesn’t do this stuff. But in the current NFL climate the best way for the Chargers to prevent that from happening is win the game and keep this insidious, ridiculous, boorish, classless behavior to a minimum so that you don’t lose it on account of that. It’s just disappointing, and it’s a mystery to me why it’s being allowed to continue. Well, actually, I understand partially why it continues, and that’s because of ESPN.

ESPN lives off this. ESPN created Terrell Owens. Terrell Owens is who he is, but if Terrell Owens weren’t constantly on television with his antics after touchdowns — I remember, I called this. You remember the Monday night game on ABC and Seattle when after scoring a touchdown, T.O. playing for the Fort’iners, pulls a Sharpie out of his sock, autographs the ball and gives it to somebody. I said, “Folks, this is going to lead to nothing but trouble.” Everybody said, “Come on, Rush, lighten up, that was funny.” It was classless. Go back and look at the greats who played this game. They would not do anything of the sort, maybe hand the ball off, but not pull a Sharpie out. Everybody started to talk about how much fun that was, ooh, how cool, how creative. Then we get Joe Horn of the United States Saints after he scored a touchdown pulling a cell phone out of his socks and faked making a phone call. Well, guess what shows up on ESPN? So these guys get validated, everybody wants to stand out, they want to get endorsement deals and so forth. So television, making stars out of people who engage in classless behavior helps lead to it and contribute to it. No question in my mind about it. I’ll bet the guy that called from El Paso did not expect this as an answer.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Look it, let me put it to you this way. The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

Learn to read.

I highly doubt Rush would claim that none of the problems today are Obama's fault.

Perhaps the way that was phrased wasn't clear.

I was saying Rush claimed that it was Obama's fault, even though none of it actually was.

In an unusually stupid move today, I decided to tune into AM radio, and what should come on but Rush Limbaugh.

After listening to the first ten minutes of his show, I started to realize why viewers of Glenn Beck didn't think Beck was "that bad". It is simply because they compare him to Limbaugh.

In those 10 minutes, Mr Limbaugh verifiably lied 6 times, including, but not limited to:

• Blaming Barack Obama for the Housing Crisis
  • Blaming Barack Obama for all of the country's unemployment, and
  • Blaming Barack Obama for the failure of the automotive industry.

While spouting this obscene listing of revisionist historical data, he claimed that the media was "state controlled" (one assumes he means all media but FoxNews and the stations his show actually plays on), and that the counutry is now in an economic "Depression".

And, again, that was ALL in the first 10 minutes of his show.

In other words, to quote Senator Al Franken, "Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat liar".

Provide a show transcript that details your claims.
Well, there you go again with your transcript crap. As you well know he does not post his transcripts till around 6 PM.

Like i said I don't follow Rush, so I wouldn't know when his daily transcripts are posted. And as I told VWC. I'll wait for him to provide a transcript. You do know that transcripts are very good at proving or disproving a claim and also to put quoted items in proper context.

Perhaps the way that was phrased wasn't clear.

I was saying Rush claimed that it was Obama's fault, even though none of it actually was.

nothing is obama's fault......and anthying good that happens......he made it happen....

Case Summary
Plaintiffs filed their class action lawsuit on July 6, 1994, alleging that Citibank had engaged in redlining practices in the Chicago metropolitan area in violation of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), 15 U.S.C. 1691; the Fair Housing Act, 42 U.S.C. 3601-3619; the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution; and 42 U.S.C. 1981, 1982. Plaintiffs alleged that the Defendant-bank rejected loan applications of minority applicants while approving loan applications filed by white applicants with similar financial characteristics and credit histories. Plaintiffs sought injunctive relief, actual damages, and punitive damages.

U.S. District Court Judge Ruben Castillo certified the Plaintiffs’ suit as a class action on June 30, 1995. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 322 (N.D. Ill. 1995). Also on June 30, Judge Castillo granted Plaintiffs’ motion to compel discovery of a sample of Defendant-bank’s loan application files. Buycks-Roberson v. Citibank Fed. Sav. Bank, 162 F.R.D. 338 (N.D. Ill. 1995).

The parties voluntarily dismissed the case on May 12, 1998, pursuant to a settlement agreement.
Plaintiff’s Lawyers Alexis, Hilary I. (Illinois)
Childers, Michael Allen (Illinois)
Clayton, Fay (Illinois)
Cummings, Jeffrey Irvine (Illinois)
Love, Sara Norris (Virginia)
FH-IL-0011-9000
Miner, Judson Hirsch (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-7500 | FH-IL-0011-9000
Obama, Barack H. (Illinois)
Wickert, John Henry (Illinois)
FH-IL-0011-9000
UPDATED: Obama Sued Citibank Under CRA to Force it to Make Bad Loans | Media Circus
Forcing banks to make loans to minorities with the same credit as whites is hardly forcing banks to make bad loans unless you are claiming whites are bad loan risks?

And CRA loans, while technically were called sub-prime loans because they were over prime, were not the high interest, high risk ARMs that caused the housing crash because CRA loans were only 1% over prime and they were adjusted DOWN if the buyer made his payments on time for 2 years.
You've been had because you want to believe that no minority is qualified for a housing loan no matter what their credit rating is. That is very RACIST.

Now, LaDainian Tomlinson to me is the classiest player in the National Football League. He doesn’t do a dance, he doesn’t spike the ball when he scores. He and Marvin Harrison are the two most classy individuals playing in the National Football League today, in skill positions. They just hand the ball back to the referee. They act like they’ve been there and done that, like scoring a touchdown is no big deal, they don’t taunt, they don’t act like they’ve been dissed or any of this. Let me tell you, the Chargers would not have lost that game were it not for a bunch of — I gotta be very careful here. It’s not just irresponsible, but there is a cultural problem in the NFL that has resulted in a total lack of class on the part of professional players.

Rush praising two black men as the classiest players in the NFL.

Clearly, a racist.

In other words, to quote Senator Al Franken, "Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat liar".

I have to disagree..
Rush has lost quite a bit of weight

Forcing banks to make loans to minorities with the same credit as whites is hardly forcing banks to make bad loans unless you are claiming whites are bad loan risks?

And CRA loans, while technically were called sub-prime loans because they were over prime, were not the high interest, high risk ARMs that caused the housing crash because CRA loans were only 1% over prime and they were adjusted DOWN if the buyer made his payments on time for 2 years.

Forcing anyone to give a loan to low income people is wrong. But of course all you libs can do is look at people's race.

You've been had because you want to believe that no minority is qualified for a housing loan no matter what their credit rating is. That is very RACIST.

WOW really??? I believe no minority is qualified for a housing loan no matter what their credit rating is? I guess that would mean I don't believe my own non-white family members should ever be allowed to own their own houses.
I never knew this about myself. Thanks for being the thought police and pointing this out to me. I'll direct myself to the nearest Hussein re-education camp.

:smoke:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back