Rush Limbaugh : "graphics have been created to make [Irma] look like the ocean's having an exorcism"

It is all a left wing conspiracy, politicized by altered graphics:

Irma’s Wind and Rain Pummeled Naples | The Weather Channel

Can you show us any of these "altered graphics" against other graphics that haven't been altered?

Frigid,

My post was sarcasm, dude.....

Well it's not so easy to see the sarcasm, is it? And to remember which side everyone is on, when I don't even remember having seen your name before, is also impossible.

I guess that I thought that combining Rush's "conspiracy" statement with a video of utter devastation in Naples would be a tipoff....

Yeah, and you think that everyone looks at your simple post, then goes and looks at the OP again, and then goes back to your simple post and..... maybe you need to learn a little more about how people read your posts.

Ok, Frig, for your benefit, I will type, "Sarcasm" after every time that I use it in a post. (At least if you are on the thread).

RUSH: Another thing I’ve found, folks, these storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they’re reported.

Before the storm there were predictions of 185 mph winds running up central Florida, they turned out to be 140 then 100 to 50 or 60. There were also reports that all of Florida would have to be evacuated. Didn't happen. Yes, any hurricane is devastating but not the the extent it was billed. So....Rush was right....again.

Rush is been going downhill in his career for years. I am sure that he appreciates that, at least one dittohead will follow his fall all the way to the very end.

Rush Limbaugh is cooked: The stunning fall of the right’s angriest bloviator

Rush is been going downhill in his career for years. I am sure that he appreciates that, at least one dittohead will follow his fall all the way to the very end.

Sorry, but that's what your lefty-liberal link citing 'Media Matters' as a source is trying to plant into your brain. The truth, however, stands in stark contrast to your brain washing.

"Included is a list of the most-listened-to radio shows in the United States according to weekly cumulative listenership, followed by a selection of shows of various formats that are most-listened-to within their category. (Unless otherwise noted, the Talkers "non-scientific" estimate is the source.[14])

Program Format Network Broadcast Time Weekly listeners
(in millions)

Morning Edition Newsmagazine NPR AM Drive 14.7[15]
All Things Considered Newsmagazine NPR PM Drive 14.4[16]
The Rush Limbaugh Show Conservative talk Premiere Midday 14[17]
The Sean Hannity Show Conservative talk Premiere PM Drive 13.5[17]
The Dave Ramsey Show Financial talk Self-syndicated Midday 13+[17][18]
The Savage Nation Conservative talk Westwood One East Coast PM Drive 11[17]
The Glenn Beck Program Conservative talk Premiere East Coast AM Drive 10.5[17]
The Mark Levin Show Conservative talk Westwood One West Coast PM Drive 10[17]
Coast to Coast AM Alternative reality talk Premiere Overnights 9[17]
Marketplace Financial news APM PM Drive 8.7[19][20]
Delilah Adult contemporary music Premiere Evenings <8[21]
The Thom Hartmann Program Progressive talk Westwood One Midday 6.25
The Alex Jones Show Alt-right/conspiracy Self-syndicated Midday 5.9[17]
Fresh Air Newsmagazine/talk NPR Midday 4.5[22]
A Prairie Home Companion Variety show APM Weekends 3.5[23]
Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! Panel game show NPR Weekends 3.2[24]
Country Music Greats Radio Show Classic country music Syndication Networks, Inc. Twice weekly 3.2[25]
The Hugh Hewitt Show Conservative talk Salem East Coast AM Drive[26] 2.25+[27]
The Lia Show Country music Westwood One Evenings 2+[28]
The Kim Komando Show Digital lifestyle issues WestStar (self-syndicated) Weekends 2.5+"

Rush is #1 of all radio talk shows and is not in decline at all. List of most-listened-to radio programs - Wikipedia

And BTW you Rush haters......I do listen to Rush every chance I get. I realize who he is because he tells me who he is as opposed to to CNN, NPR, CBS, ABC, NBC who all claim to be objective but have been proven to be left to far left. Honesty means more IMO

Last edited:
BTW Clarence Ray Nagin (Mayor of NO at the time) totally left his people without means to get out. School buses could have been used but were left abandoned.
Not quite! A typical Right-wing half-truth/whole lie. The levees held throughout the day the hurricane hit. After the hurricane passed, overnight the levee gave way, or as the conspiracy theorists say the levee in the poor section was blown up to protect the houses in the rich section, in any case after the levee gave way the busses were flooded, they were not flooded during the hurricane.
The idiot mayor didn't know enough to move the buses beforehand and have them at the ready that, is not a right-wing half-truth.
Right it is a Right-wing full lie. Why move the busses when the levee held, and how was he to know that when the levee was blown up it would flood the buses, hindsight is always 20/20.

RUSH: Another thing I’ve found, folks, these storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they’re reported.

Before the storm there were predictions of 185 mph winds running up central Florida, they turned out to be 140 then 100 to 50 or 60. There were also reports that all of Florida would have to be evacuated. Didn't happen. Yes, any hurricane is devastating but not the the extent it was billed. So....Rush was right....again.
Nobody "predicted" 185 MPH winds running up central Fla, that is just another revisionist Limbaugh Lie parroted by mindless DittoTards. All real weather people predicted the winds would DECLINE as the hurricane moved over land.

You know your lying scum MessiahRushie in claimed in April that he had 26 million SUCKERS per week and GROWING, but your link says by August that was DOWN to 14 million per week. Of course he has at times claimed 40 to 50 million DittoTards per day. The pathological liar also claimed if he ever lost 20% of his audience of fools he would take himself off the air, so to avoid that in the face of his declining audience he simply lies about his audience growing because he knows the DittoTards will never remember what he said in the past.

EIB Audience Numbers Shoot Through the Roof: 26 Million and Growing!
Apr 27, 2017

RUSH: Now, hang on. I’m not bragging here. I’m setting this up to get to the email I got. And the numbers are just pouring in now for March, but prior to those numbers the weekly cume had been up now to 26 million and climbing.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

Nobody "predicted" 185 MPH winds running up central Fla, that is just another revisionist Limbaugh Lie parroted by mindless DittoTards. All real weather people predicted the winds would DECLINE as the hurricane moved over land.

"With maximum sustained winds of 185 mph, Irma is a Category 5 — the most serious type of major hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson wind scale."

Un...Didn't happen....

Your ignorance is astounding....

You know your lying scum MessiahRushie in claimed in April that he had 26 million SUCKERS per week and GROWING, but your link says by August that was DOWN to 14 million per week. Of course he has at times claimed 40 to 50 million DittoTards per day. The pathological liar also claimed if he ever lost 20% of his audience of fools he would take himself off the air, so to avoid that in the face of his declining audience he simply lies about his audience growing because he knows the DittoTards will never remember what he said in the past.

Apr 27, 2017

RUSH: Now, hang on. I’m not bragging here. I’m setting this up to get to the email I got. And the numbers are just pouring in now for March, but prior to those numbers the weekly cume had been up now to 26 million and climbing.

November 10, 2010
RUSH: I'm in the broadcasting business, just as they are. They might want to say they're in the journalism business, the news business, and in a way they are, but even though they're cable, they're broadcasters. I mean there are certain skill sets that you have to succeed at, and if you don't, you're gone. If this program lost 20% of the audience I'd be gone. I would take myself away.

May 26, 2011
RUSH:. According to reports at the peak of The Oprah's popularity, her show had 40 million weekly viewers. Now, that's not bad. That's almost as many as we have every day here. So our hat's off to The Oprah, 40 million viewers a week, not bad.

I published stats that show Rush is the most popular radio talk show. Accept it, live with it, you'll be better off.

"With maximum sustained winds of 185 mph, Irma is a Category 5 — the most serious type of major hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson wind scale."
Hurricane Irma Makes First Landfall In Northeast Caribbean Islands
Your ignorance is astounding.....
Your lying OTOH is not so astounding!!!

Notice how the lying scum Right move the goalposts when they are caught LYING!!!!.

After stating the predictions were 185 MPH winds "RUNNING UP CENTRAL FLORIDA" the worthless lying scum edits out his original claim and links to when the storm hit the CARIBBEAN with 185 MPH. But his own link only predicts 145 MPH winds by the time it is just off the Fla coast.

From your OWN link:
"Irma is predicted to maintain winds of at least 145 mph for the next five days."

Apr 27, 2017

November 10, 2010

May 26, 2011

I published stats that show Rush is the most popular radio talk show. Accept it, live with it, you'll be better off.
Your OWN post had your MessiahRushie in 3RD PLACE behind Morning Edition and All Things Considered.
The Right are terrible liars, but they think their God given talent for lying proves their superior intellect over honest fools.

Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well.
Samuel Butler

First, the article was originally on Media Matters, which instantly calls into question it's quality.

Beyond that, as others have pointed out, Rush Limbaugh is still the number 1 most listened to talk radio show in the entire country, with 14 Million weekly listeners.

In 2015, Rush only had 13.2 Million listeners, so his audience has actually gone up.

Of course to really gain perspective, all you need to do is compare him to the closest left-wing progressive talk radio show.

Amazingly, there actually is one that shows up on top 25 talk radio lists. Thom Hartmann... with a whooping 6 Million listeners..... less than half of Rush.

You people have been blabbering about the end of Rush Limbaugh, since 1991. I heard people saying he was doomed then. Then he was doomed after 2001. Then he was doomed in 2008. Then he was doomed in 2012.

You people have been wrong so many times, you would think you would learn when to shut up. Grow up. And stop making yourself look stupid.

Eventually Rush will decline. Everyone grows old. Everyone gets to the end of their life. Rush will be no different. But you people begging for the end in such a needy and pathetic way, is really sad.

Beyond that, as others have pointed out, Rush Limbaugh is still the number 1 most listened to talk radio show in the entire country, with 14 Million weekly listeners.
A typical Limbaugh Lie. He is THIRD behind Morning Edition and All Things Considered.

Of course the pathological liar claims his 14 million is 26 million, 40 million, 50 million, 22 million and 20 million and growing.

In 2015, Rush only had 13.2 Million listeners, so his audience has actually gone up.

Eventually Rush will decline. Everyone grows old. Everyone gets to the end of their life. Rush will be no different. But you people begging for the end in such a needy and pathetic way, is really sad.
Actually 2015 was DOWN from his 2009 15+ million even though he claimed 20 million in 2015.
The point is the pathological liar never had 20, 22, 25, 26, 40, or 50 million listeners as he has claimed at one time or another.

November 10, 2010

November 07, 2012
RUSH: Hey, any of you guys in there want to come sit in my chair today? Anybody? Nobody wants to come sit in my chair here? None of you? I mean, I'm giving you a golden opportunity to speak to, what, 50 million people.

June 3, 2015
RUSH: You're reaching 20 million of 'em here

audience-radio-talk-show-hosts-e1283863778322.jpg

I wonder how many will die because they belive Rush.

Are you sure? His dittoheads believe everything he says. He said the storm wasn't so bad, and I can believe some dittohead might go by what Rush said instead of the news, and stay when he should evacuate.

Since he didn't say that, it wouldn't be his responsibility if anyone died. Those who lied about what he said, OTOH...
Actually the pathological liar DID say the storm was not as bad as the media said.

Sept 5, 2017

That was actually correct about Irma.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a recent broadcast, Rush Limbaugh actively sought to downplay the potential impact of Hurricane Irma saying:

“These storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they're reported. The graphics have been created to make it look like the ocean's having an exorcism, just getting rid of the devil here in the form of this hurricane, this bright red stuff.”​

Limbaugh justifies his assertion using the following conspiracy theory:

There is symbiotic relationship between retailers and local media, and it’s related to money. It revolves around money. You have major, major industries and businesses which prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane, which could destroy or greatly damage people’s homes, and it could interrupt the flow of water and electricity. So what happens?

Well, the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media.

The local media, in turn, reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers.​

WTH? Has Rush been having an affair with Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway? Just how absurd can one be? Let me ask you:
  • If you lived in Key West or another "mainland" U.S. locale and the authorities instruct you to evacuate, why do you need batteries, and water, and so on? Does your idea of "evacuate" mean leaving the locale where you are and that the hurricane will strike, and going to a different locale where it will hit?
  • Do you truly believe that anyone buys advertising expressly to boost sales in anticipation/expectation of a disaster's arrival? What business have you seen advertise itself or its offerings with a message themed around the idea of "hurry to our store to buy 'this and that' because 'such and such' a natural disaster is coming our way?"
Seriously? Do people actually ascribe to madness like what Rush put forth about the hurricane? If so, how have those people managed to avoid being committed to insane asylums?

I hate Rush but that line is hilarious!

I wonder how many will die because they belive Rush.

Are you sure? His dittoheads believe everything he says. He said the storm wasn't so bad, and I can believe some dittohead might go by what Rush said instead of the news, and stay when he should evacuate.

Since he didn't say that, it wouldn't be his responsibility if anyone died. Those who lied about what he said, OTOH...
Actually the pathological liar DID say the storm was not as bad as the media said.

Sept 5, 2017
Not quite. Irma was predicted to hit the Keys as a Cat 4 with 145 MPH winds and the wind was measured at 144 MPH when it hit.

Sept 5, 2017
Not quite. Irma was predicted to hit the Keys as a Cat 4 with 145 MPH winds and the wind was measured at 144 MPH when it hit.

And when it hit the mainland it quickly weakened.

Sept 5, 2017
Notice how the goalposts keep moving as each Limbaugh Lie is exposed.
Meteorologists always say hurricanes need warm water as fuel and weaken over land, so how does what you said make them wrong and your lying MessiahRushie right?????

Sept 5, 2017
Notice how the goalposts keep moving as each Limbaugh Lie is exposed.
Meteorologists always say hurricanes need warm water as fuel and weaken over land, so how does what you said make them wrong and your lying MessiahRushie right?????

It doesn't have to make anything any way. If you have not noticed the way storms are hyped, you're not paying attention.

Forum List

Back