Rush Limbaugh : "graphics have been created to make [Irma] look like the ocean's having an exorcism"

Anyone that listens to Rush, or NPR, in the same manner, needs to have their head checked. They are both about as trust worthy.

21271197_1996801917206732_7414276001993820531_n.jpg

Anyone that listens to Rush, or NPR, in the same manner, needs to have their head checked. They are both about as trust worthy.
Just because your MessiahRushie is a pathological liar does not make NPR the same simply because they are not him.

Just because your MessiahRushie is a pathological liar does not make NPR the same simply because they are not him.

See there, right out of the starting gate you have to unleash with the ad hominem attacks? Why is that? He isn't my "messiah." Frankly, I think he is a bit of a clown.

OTH, I really get so sick to death of the absolute self-importance of the arrogant limousine liberals on NPR thinking that their opinions are facts. It is self-deluding, it really is.

Neither of them are any good. It's all propaganda.

Trust me on this, NPR spins and lies just as much as Rush does.

You know what? NPR told me ad nauseum that Clinton was going to win. Rush told me how and why Trump was going to win. I'm seriously not a fan of either. I give them both due consideration though.

So you tell me who had the more credible analysis this past year. . . . seriously. . . .

You're an absolute fart in the wind with no credibility if you say that Rush only lies and never tells the truth. He beat NPR on predictions this last year when it came to presidential politics. :lmao:

See there, right out of the starting gate you have to unleash with the ad hominem attacks? Why is that? He isn't my "messiah." Frankly, I think he is a bit of a clown.

OTH, I really get so sick to death of the absolute self-importance of the arrogant limousine liberals on NPR thinking that their opinions are facts. It is self-deluding, it really is.

You know what? NPR told me ad nauseum that Clinton was going to win. Rush told me how and why Trump was going to win. I'm seriously not a fan of either. I give them both due consideration though.

So you tell me who had the more credible analysis this past year. . . . seriously. . . .

You're an absolute fart in the wind with no credibility if you say that Rush only lies and never tells the truth. He beat NPR on predictions this last year when it came to presidential politics. :lmao:
Why would I trust you when you deny your MessiahRushie is your messiah, just like the Libs deny Obama was their messiah, he is just as much your messiah as Obama was the Liberal's messiah. See how that moral equivalence works!!!!

And your MessiahRushie makes his "predictions" after the fact.

In a recent broadcast, Rush Limbaugh actively sought to downplay the potential impact of Hurricane Irma saying:

“These storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they're reported. The graphics have been created to make it look like the ocean's having an exorcism, just getting rid of the devil here in the form of this hurricane, this bright red stuff.”​

Limbaugh justifies his assertion using the following conspiracy theory:

There is symbiotic relationship between retailers and local media, and it’s related to money. It revolves around money. You have major, major industries and businesses which prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane, which could destroy or greatly damage people’s homes, and it could interrupt the flow of water and electricity. So what happens?

Well, the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media.

The local media, in turn, reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers.​

WTH? Has Rush been having an affair with Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway? Just how absurd can one be? Let me ask you:
  • If you lived in Key West or another "mainland" U.S. locale and the authorities instruct you to evacuate, why do you need batteries, and water, and so on? Does your idea of "evacuate" mean leaving the locale where you are and that the hurricane will strike, and going to a different locale where it will hit?
  • Do you truly believe that anyone buys advertising expressly to boost sales in anticipation/expectation of a disaster's arrival? What business have you seen advertise itself or its offerings with a message themed around the idea of "hurry to our store to buy 'this and that' because 'such and such' a natural disaster is coming our way?"
Seriously? Do people actually ascribe to madness like what Rush put forth about the hurricane? If so, how have those people managed to avoid being committed to insane asylums?

Ordered to evacuate does not happen with most storms. Power being out for days at a time does, however, happen with most major storms. Have you never been in a store a day or two before a major storm of any kind was forecast to hit? The shelves are nearly empty. Being stuck without water or lights for 2 or 3 days will cause that kind of reaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many will die because they belive Rush.

Are you sure? His dittoheads believe everything he says. He said the storm wasn't so bad, and I can believe some dittohead might go by what Rush said instead of the news, and stay when he should evacuate.

Since he didn't say that, it wouldn't be his responsibility if anyone died. Those who lied about what he said, OTOH...

Are you sure? His dittoheads believe everything he says. He said the storm wasn't so bad, and I can believe some dittohead might go by what Rush said instead of the news, and stay when he should evacuate.
Especially when he said he was staying to do his radio show as long as he had electricity even though he chickened out and fled Thursday without doing his Friday show.

RUSH: Look, the program has to go on. I can sit here and say, “You know what, I’m gonna stay, I’m gonna ride this out.”

His business partners insisted he had to leave because without power there is no show. I mean, that's elementary for anyone not infested with a hate virus.

Has anyone else noticed how those that disagree with Rush have so much hatred within themselves that they can't seem to separate what he actually says with what they are told he said?

That's because they never bother to find out what he actually says.

Has anyone else noticed how those that disagree with Rush have so much hatred within themselves that they can't seem to separate what he actually says with what they are told he said?

Actually, we wouldn't be caught dead listening to him anyway, for the same reason that liberals don't go to professional wrestling events.

So you don't really know who Rush is or what he says. Figured as much.

Yes. Everybody knows who rush is, and what he says. After years of hearing his crap, there is no need to listen to more to see if he is still the same hateful crazy scum he was years ago.

Which makes a lot of people into gullible <insert insult here> who dutifully believe anything negative anyone says about something he may or may not have actually said.

Why would I trust you when you deny your MessiahRushie is your messiah, just like the Libs deny Obama was their messiah, he is just as much your messiah as Obama was the Liberal's messiah. See how that moral equivalence works!!!!

And your MessiahRushie makes his "predictions" after the fact.
I've never heard of Democrats or Liberals denying that they like Obama, nor have I heard of Limbaugh fans denying that they like Limbaugh. That makes as much sense as tits on a bull.

612e221db5645573da306e2def3ba4d0--coffee-meme-coffee-quotes.jpg

Since he didn't say that, it wouldn't be his responsibility if anyone died. Those who lied about what he said, OTOH...

Rush Limbaugh Claims Hurricane Irma Is Part Of A Vast Conspiracy | HuffPost

Rush Limbaugh Claims Hurricane Irma Is Part Of A Vast Conspiracy | HuffPost

What he said is true. The stores were out of bottled water a week before the storm ever got close to land. I've seen this happen in our area every time a forecast mentions snow. If you go into a store after that, the shelves are decimated. It's a locally discussed joke, that the forecasters are in league with the stores, because people panic and buy way more supplies than they realistically need. Then, after the power comes back in in a day or so, they're stuck with more milk and bread than they know what to do with.

He didn't say that the storm wasn't so bad and that people shouldn't get out of its way.

In a recent broadcast, Rush Limbaugh actively sought to downplay the potential impact of Hurricane Irma saying:

“These storms, once they actually hit, are never as strong as they're reported. The graphics have been created to make it look like the ocean's having an exorcism, just getting rid of the devil here in the form of this hurricane, this bright red stuff.”​

There is symbiotic relationship between retailers and local media, and it’s related to money. It revolves around money. You have major, major industries and businesses which prosper during times of crisis and panic, such as a hurricane, which could destroy or greatly damage people’s homes, and it could interrupt the flow of water and electricity. So what happens?

Well, the TV stations begin reporting this and the panic begins to increase. And then people end up going to various stores to stock up on water and whatever they might need for home repairs and batteries and all this that they’re advised to get, and a vicious circle is created. You have these various retail outlets who spend a lot of advertising dollars with the local media.

The local media, in turn, reports in such a way as to create the panic way far out, which sends people into these stores to fill up with water and to fill up with batteries, and it becomes a never-ending repeated cycle. And the two coexist. So the media benefits with the panic with increased eyeballs, and the retailers benefit from the panic with increased sales, and the TV companies benefit because they’re getting advertising dollars from the businesses that are seeing all this attention from customers.​

WTH? Has Rush been having an affair with Kellyanne "Alternative Facts" Conway? Just how absurd can one be? Let me ask you:
  • If you lived in Key West or another "mainland" U.S. locale and the authorities instruct you to evacuate, why do you need batteries, and water, and so on? Does your idea of "evacuate" mean leaving the locale where you are and that the hurricane will strike, and going to a different locale where it will hit?
  • Do you truly believe that anyone buys advertising expressly to boost sales in anticipation/expectation of a disaster's arrival? What business have you seen advertise itself or its offerings with a message themed around the idea of "hurry to our store to buy 'this and that' because 'such and such' a natural disaster is coming our way?"
Seriously? Do people actually ascribe to madness like what Rush put forth about the hurricane? If so, how have those people managed to avoid being committed to insane asylums?

Ordered to evacuate does not happen with most storms. Power being out for days at a time does, however, happen with most major storms. Have you never been in a store a day or two before a major storm of any kind was forecast to hit? The shelves are nearly empty. Being stuck without water or lights for 2 or 3 days will cause that kind of reaction.
Power being out for days at a time does, however, happen with most major storms.

Given the available data that might support or refute the accuracy of your conclusion, insofar as a day is 1,440 minutes long, the claim that power outages last for "days at a time" as a result of "most major storms" appears dubious at best.

In the figure above, data on the frequency and duration of outages are shown for three broad categories of distribution utilities: investor-owned utilities (IOU), cooperative energy utilities (co-ops), and municipals. IOUs are owned by shareholders, co-ops are owned by members, and municipals are owned by cities. In 2015, utilities in these three groups that reported their outage information collectively made up 28% of all utilities but accounted for about 72% of electricity sales in 2015. (The figures above were obtained using the IEEE standard 1366 method.)
PA Consulting's annual study of power reliability in 2016 obtained the following regional average System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) [1], which is the average outage duration for each customer served by power utilities:
  • The Northeast -- SAIDI 89
  • Mid-Atlantic -- SAIDI 91
  • Mountain -- SAIDI 90
  • Plains -- SAIDI 107
  • West -- SAIDI 107
  • South -- SAIDI 124
In 2008, Eto et al reported that the average U.S. SAIDI was 244 minutes.

There's no question that weather -- "major storms" being a classification that includes some specific types of weather and omits others --causes most power outages.
Though asserting that most "major storms" produce days-long outages [2] is not accurate, given the data I'm aware of and have presented herein, it is so that the average duration of power outages due to major weather events is longer now than it used to be. In "Assessing Changes in the Reliability of the U.S. Electric Power System," Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Stanford University researchers show that while the number of power outages per year hasn’t really changed, the duration has. Your power doesn’t go out more often, but when it does, it stays out longer. [3]

Notes:
  1. I suspect PA Consulting's figures reflect the "without major events" variant of SAIDI because they use SAIDI to award a certification and it's inequitable to hold against a utility the fact that it experienced worse natural disaster events than did its peers in its own or other regions.
  2. The chart above presents the average duration of outages. I did not analyze the chart's source data to determine what the median outage duration is. I didn't because I can see from the chart that "major events" roughly doubles the average duration of outages to something around 200 minutes.
  3. If by "major storms" you mean hurricanes, surmising that power outages last for days is more plausible than is making that supposition with regard to all genres of major storms.

Power being out for days at a time does, however, happen with most major storms.

Given the available data that might support or refute the accuracy of your conclusion, insofar as a day is 1,440 minutes long, the claim that power outages last for "days at a time" as a result of "most major storms" appears dubious at best.

In the figure above, data on the frequency and duration of outages are shown for three broad categories of distribution utilities: investor-owned utilities (IOU), cooperative energy utilities (co-ops), and municipals. IOUs are owned by shareholders, co-ops are owned by members, and municipals are owned by cities. In 2015, utilities in these three groups that reported their outage information collectively made up 28% of all utilities but accounted for about 72% of electricity sales in 2015. (The figures above were obtained using the IEEE standard 1366 method.)
PA Consulting's annual study of power reliability in 2016 obtained the following regional average System Average Interruption Duration Index (SAIDI) [1], which is the average outage duration for each customer served by power utilities:
  • Mountain -- SAIDI 90
  • Plains -- SAIDI 107
  • West -- SAIDI 107
  • South -- SAIDI 124

There's no question that weather -- "major storms" being a classification that includes some specific types of weather and omits others --causes most power outages.
Though asserting that most "major storms" produce days-long outages [2] is not accurate, given the data I'm aware of and have presented herein, it is so that the average duration of power outages due to major weather events is longer now than it used to be. In "Assessing Changes in the Reliability of the U.S. Electric Power System," Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Stanford University researchers show that while the number of power outages per year hasn’t really changed, the duration has. Your power doesn’t go out more often, but when it does, it stays out longer. [3]

Notes:
  1. I suspect PA Consulting's figures reflect the "without major events" variant of SAIDI because they use SAIDI to award a certification and it's inequitable to hold against a utility the fact that it experienced worse natural disaster events than did its peers in its own or other regions.
  2. The chart above presents the average duration of outages. I did not analyze the chart's source data to determine what the median outage duration is. I didn't because I can see from the chart that "major events" roughly doubles the average duration of outages to something around 200 minutes.
  3. If by "major storms" you mean hurricanes, surmising that power outages last for days is more plausible than is making that supposition with regard to all genres of major storms.

Don't forget snow storms.

• Mountain -- SAIDI 90
  • Plains -- SAIDI 107
  • West -- SAIDI 107
  • South -- SAIDI 124

Notes:

Don't forget snow storms.
Read the post (and linked content). I did not and neither did the researchers whose work I cited.

Forum List

Back