Rush Limbaugh, Get Off Welfare!

Are unemployment checks a form of welfare?
If so, the Rush received welfare for quite some time.

No, your employer pays for unemployment insurance so you can receive unemployment.

Neither is SS welfare, or at least it was not meant to be. It was meant to be a pay as you go program. Believe me most people get less out of it, than they pay into it.

I wonder what percentage our Commander and Chief falls in?

In a nation where half of the people are functionally or completely illiterate Limbaugh is a powerful voice for nonsense. The poor drudgery jobs of the working poor, the lone person who cannot read, are subject to his bizarre view of America. I wish the fairness doctrine still existed so after Limbaugh got done spewing absurd non sequiturs someone will tell the audience some part of the real picture.

Rush, Newspeak and Fascism: An exegesis

"At other times, Limbaugh has dabbled in wink-and-nudge racism: On his thankfully short-lived TV program, for instance, Limbaugh one night promised to show his audience footage of everyday life among welfare recipients. He then ran video of the antics of a variety of great apes -- mostly orangutans, gorillas and chimpanzees -- hanging about zoos. The audience, of course, applauded and laughed."

so you are a capitalist?

No, and neither are you, unless your income is solely derived from your capital.

If you have to work for living? You are not a capitalist, sport.

what do you think about the radio act being about regulation and not about ownership?

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The regulations come from the presumption that we are the owners, ergo entitled to regulate as owners.

The federal government had no business regulating radio. It was doing fine before the FCC was invented, as a means of keeping a new communications medium under control.

The airwaves up to that point were basically treated like land was treated in the old west. Homesteading laws applied. And that's how it should have stayed. If any government had a role to play, it would simply be to enforce property rights, just like for land disputes. For Nader to twist this as somehow stealing property from the american people is just bizarre and dishonest. It's like listening to a mafioso who muscled himself into a protection racket, uninvited; and now that some local shopkeepers are ignoring him and not coughing up the protection money, he's making underhanded threats.

Why do I get the feeling if Air America was able to get some ratings, and was not a total failure. we would not even be having this discussion at all :)

This is interesting, worth a listen.

Anyone who thinks Rush doesn't lie (distort, exaggerate) is simply a biased moonie, no other conclusion is possible, there is proof galore in the links above. The harder question is why they do not see the lies? It reminds me of the slow change in (scientific) knowledge, do these same people believe the earth is flat or the sun revolves around the earth?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

The federal government had no business regulating radio. It was doing fine before the FCC was invented, as a means of keeping a new communications medium under control.

The trouble with this sort of thinking is it assumes the airwaves have no consequences for a nation. If hatred is allowed and not countered we soon lose the very freedoms we support, we allow the hate mongers and others to control the thoughts of the impressionable Timothy McVeighs.

SPLCenter.org: Hate group numbers continue increase
>

I have yet to meet a hard core Liberal small businessowner.
I'm not saying they do not exist, but there are not many that expect to support the Liberal agenda and put their kids through a good school and feed them at the same time!

Nice to meet you.

And if you believe that, you've been sold a huge bill of goods.

This is interesting, worth a listen.

Anyone who thinks Rush doesn't lie (distort, exaggerate) is simply a biased moonie, no other conclusion is possible, there is proof galore in the links above. The harder question is why they do not see the lies? It reminds me of the slow change in (scientific) knowledge, do these same people believe the earth is flat or the sun revolves around the earth?

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

Like the lies you spout about McCain? Last I checked Rush is a PAID entertainer. Paid BECAUSE he does what he does. Anyone that takes every thing he has to say as the whole truth deserves the let down they will get when they discover it just aint so.

You though get trying to pretend to me some smart guy that just knows it all and the rest of us are to dumb to catch on. Your little bolded sentence is a perfect example of the LIES you tell.

While I stomp on the right wingers that make shit up about Obama, a man I have no intention of voting for and I dread the thought of him as President, the left is awful silent, as usual, about your BULLSHIT.

Agreed, but if you want to only give, or sell it to those who say things you like, well I can't get behind that :)

Me neither.

Generally, I want the government to get the best possible price for everything they sell in our names, Charles.

But in fact, they didn't really do that in many cases for years and years.

I'm not sure what the status is now on how the government allots the resources of the airways

Anyone know for sure?

A quick perusal here: Federal Communications Commission Licensing Systems

doesn't give me any idea about how much the government charges for using any part of those airways.

Except when I say it, it isn't a lie, and it's backed up by actual acts and evidence of bias and lying.

Geeez. Just admit that you are biased like the rest of us. You say the media is liberal on a daily basis with absolutely zero facts or evidence to back it up. You only say it because the opinion heads like o'reilly and limbaugh have been screaming it for years.

No, and neither are you, unless your income is solely derived from your capital.

If you have to work for living? You are not a capitalist, sport.

I'm not sure I understand your question.

The regulations come from the presumption that we are the owners, ergo entitled to regulate as owners.

Main Entry: 1cap·i·tal·ist
Pronunciation: \-ist\
Function: noun
Date: 1781
1: a person who has capital especially invested in business; broadly : a person of wealth : plutocrat
2: a person who favors capitalism

Forum List

Back