Rush Limbaugh: Don't Let Bogus Polls Depress You

Either the GOP reforms as a 21st century party, or the far right will make it an insignificant successor to the Federalists and the Whigs.

I believe you're correct, if the GOP is beaten badly this cycle, the Democrats will believe they have won, but in fact, it will be a moderate Republican who takes the opportunity and the risk by appealing to fiscal conservative and socially liberal citizens. ...

aka libertarian

Romney is being hammered in the polls. It is a result of a poorly received convention (empty chair), botched response to the Libyan revolt and the devastating 47 percent nonsense.
He should recover somewhat in the debates if he can hold his ground but would only return to where he was a month ago

If he botches the debates, he will bring down not only his presidency chances but the whole Party

Lose-lose situation

If Romney holds his own in the debates, he may be able to stop the Senate seat losses the GOP were not expecting.

If Obama beats him like a drum in the debates, the Dems could end up with the WH, the Senate, and a 10-seat minority in the House.

Absolutely unbelievable a year ago.
Romney is being hammered in the polls. It is a result of a poorly received convention (empty chair), botched response to the Libyan revolt and the devastating 47 percent nonsense.
He should recover somewhat in the debates if he can hold his ground but would only return to where he was a month ago

If he botches the debates, he will bring down not only his presidency chances but the whole Party

Lose-lose situation

If Romney holds his own in the debates, he may be able to stop the Senate seat losses the GOP were not expecting.

If Obama beats him like a drum in the debates, the Dems could end up with the WH, the Senate, and a 10-seat minority in the House.

Absolutely unbelievable a year ago.

Lose-lose situation

That's about right. Mitts chances of a home run against Obama are slim. It would take a Dan Quayle type moment and that is more likely to be Mitt on the receiving end

Regardless, Fox will immediately declare Mitt the winner and Republicans will cherry pick Obama comments and take them out of context

I'm expecting the response to Romney's failure will be an uptick in the fortunes of Congressional conservatives. It's a fairly common pattern, and I think a healthy one: with such a dysfunctional body politic, gridlock is our best hope. Maybe we can get enough conservatives in there to slow down the health care takeover.

Last edited:
I'm expecting the response to Romney's failure will be an uptick in the fortunes of Congressional conservatives. It's a fairly common pattern, and I think a healthy one: with such a dysfunctional body politic, gridlock is our best hope. Maybe we can get enough conservatives in there to slow down the health care takeover.

Well, one thing is for sure...the GOP Senators up for election in 2014 are going to be frothing at the mouth in 2013 trying to convince the TEA party that they are to the right of Edi Amin:

Alabama..... Jeff Sessions
Georgia..... Saxby Chambliss
Idaho..... Jim Risch
Kansas..... Pat Roberts
Kentucky..... Mitch McConnell
Maine..... Susan Collins
Mississippi .....Thad Cochran
Nebraska..... Mike Johanns
Oklahoma..... Jim Inhofe
South Carolina..... Lindsey Graham
Tennessee..... Lamar Alexander
Texas..... John Cornyn
Wyoming..... Mike Enzi

Those in Purple above have a rating by the ACU of less than 86% for conservative votes.

http://conservative.org/ratingsarchive/uscongress/2011/senate.html

Look for the TEA party to target these people. I'm shocked at the rating of Thad Cochran. He has an 80% rating. By comparison...Lugar of Indiana had a 77% rating. I doubt Collins will run. Could be another Democrat pick up in '14. Alexander has a 78%...he looks ripe for the picking.

Of course if these men and women go down, it doesn't translate automatically into a Democrat win. What could happen is what we see playing out in Missouri; what played out in Nevada and Delaware...the TEA party nominates a moron and they lose to the Democrat.

Why's Obama in Ohio? If he's 25 up with women, if he's ten points up overall, why is he there? Other than he wants a slam dunk win. Go someplace where it's a little tighter and spend money there. What's he doing in all these states that he supposedly has locked up? I'll tell you something else about this, folks, and I want you to really consider this. I take you back to 2004. We had the first wave of exit polls at two o'clock and it looked bad. I mean, it was huge. Kerry was winning. Five o'clock, second wave, exit polls, even worse, Kerry winning. And there was a story that Bob Shrum, who was Kerry's campaign guy, walked into his office and said, "May I be the first to say, Congratulations, Mr. President." The polls hadn't even closed. When the actual votes started being counted, the exit polls were as wrong as they could be.

And then what happened? The Democrats started accusing everybody of cheating. Remember? Fifty-five thousand votes in Ohio, if we just swung fifty-five thousand votes in Ohio then Kerry'd be president. They actually, these numskulls on the left actually believed the exit polls were right, the real votes were tampered with. So if you have nothing leading up to this election but one poll after another with Obama up five, up ten, up 12, up eight, up seven, and Romney wins, then what happens? Then you've got riots. I'm just throwing out a possibility.

They are starting in already on the Rep Secretary of State saying he is suppressing the vote as the requests from Democrats for absentee ballots has fallen off a cliff. Here is the chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvEOdIaw0fPNdHVOZnFENDdDYVFTRi1UMlgxQ0F4OVE#gid=0

Why's Obama in Ohio? If he's 25 up with women, if he's ten points up overall, why is he there? Other than he wants a slam dunk win. Go someplace where it's a little tighter and spend money there. What's he doing in all these states that he supposedly has locked up? I'll tell you something else about this, folks, and I want you to really consider this. I take you back to 2004. We had the first wave of exit polls at two o'clock and it looked bad. I mean, it was huge. Kerry was winning. Five o'clock, second wave, exit polls, even worse, Kerry winning. And there was a story that Bob Shrum, who was Kerry's campaign guy, walked into his office and said, "May I be the first to say, Congratulations, Mr. President." The polls hadn't even closed. When the actual votes started being counted, the exit polls were as wrong as they could be.

And then what happened? The Democrats started accusing everybody of cheating. Remember? Fifty-five thousand votes in Ohio, if we just swung fifty-five thousand votes in Ohio then Kerry'd be president. They actually, these numskulls on the left actually believed the exit polls were right, the real votes were tampered with. So if you have nothing leading up to this election but one poll after another with Obama up five, up ten, up 12, up eight, up seven, and Romney wins, then what happens? Then you've got riots. I'm just throwing out a possibility.

They are starting in already on the Rep Secretary of State saying he is suppressing the vote as the requests from Democrats for absentee ballots has fallen off a cliff. Here is the chart.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvEOdIaw0fPNdHVOZnFENDdDYVFTRi1UMlgxQ0F4OVE#gid=0

This is in the state of Ohio, another swing state.

Well, one thing is for sure...the GOP Senators up for election in 2014 are going to be frothing at the mouth in 2013 trying to convince the TEA party that they are to the right of Edi Amin:

Idaho..... Jim Risch
Kansas..... Pat Roberts
Maine..... Susan Collins
Oklahoma..... Jim Inhofe
Texas..... John Cornyn
Wyoming..... Mike Enzi

Those in Purple above have a rating by the ACU of less than 86% for conservative votes.

Look for the TEA party to target these people. I'm shocked at the rating of Thad Cochran. He has an 80% rating. By comparison...Lugar of Indiana had a 77% rating. I doubt Collins will run. Could be another Democrat pick up in '14. Alexander has a 78%...he looks ripe for the picking.

Of course if these men and women go down, it doesn't translate automatically into a Democrat win. What could happen is what we see playing out in Missouri; what played out in Nevada and Delaware...the TEA party nominates a moron and they lose to the Democrat.

you know, if you Democrats worried about your Representatives as much as you do the Republicans we might not have these insane people in the Government we have today.
but your all's model seems to be, once elected they STAY FOR LIFE, no matter

Last edited:

Idaho..... Jim Risch
Kansas..... Pat Roberts
Maine..... Susan Collins
Oklahoma..... Jim Inhofe
Texas..... John Cornyn
Wyoming..... Mike Enzi

you know, if you Democrats worried about your Representatives as much as you do the Republicans we might not have these insane people in the Government we have today.

The GOP ran Christine O'Donnell (a woman who expirmented with witchcraft). The GOP is running a guy who thinks a woman can "shut that whole thing down" if she's raped. The GOP ran successfully a former Playgirl model. The GOP ran a guy who touched another man in the bathroom although I haven't really gotten into the whys or wherefores of that one.

There are idiots on both sides of the aisle.

What I was speaking about was this; the TEA party targets those who aren't conservative enough. Those in purple above are in the danger zone of not being conservative enough if Richard Lugar's loss in the Indiana Primary is any indication. The good news for Democrats is that the guy/gal the TEA party runs is not always cut out for the job. Sharon Angle could have replaced Harry Reid if she wasn't so dinghy.

Idaho..... Jim Risch
Kansas..... Pat Roberts
Maine..... Susan Collins
Oklahoma..... Jim Inhofe
Texas..... John Cornyn
Wyoming..... Mike Enzi

FYI; I'm a liberal; not a Democrat.

Forum List

Back