RUSH LIMBAUGH, and just how right he is...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Love him or loath him, he nailed this one right on the head.............

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving the country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I just can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of 1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.. Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse, you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt. Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers. We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well. You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense? However, our own U.S. Congress just voted themselves a raise, and many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month, and most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They also do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system. If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, you may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed you in harm's way receive a pension of $15,000 per month. I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting. "When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.If your interested there is more........................
This must be a campaign issue in 2004. Keep it going.

SOCIAL SECURITY: (This is worth the read. It's short and to the point.) Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years. Our Senators and Congressmen do not pay into Social Security. Many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan. In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. For all practical purposes their plan works like this: When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die, except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments. For example, former Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000 - that's Seven Million, Eight Hundred Thousand), with their wives drawing $275,000.00 during the last years of their lives. This is calculated on an average life span for each. Their cost for this excellent plan is $00.00. These little perks they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Fund - - our tax dollars at work! From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into-- every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer) --we can expect to get an average $1,000 per month after retirement. Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made. And that change would be to jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security plan with the rest of us and then watch how fast they would fix it.

I've been writting congressmen about this for almost 15 years. I wish a few hundred thousand also were. Together we might have an effect.

Every servicemember can buy into SGLI - in fact, unless they wave the coverage, $12? a month is taken from their pay to buy into it, for $100,000 coverage. The maximum is (was?) 200,000 dollars, for about $18 a month.

That said - The most vocal of 911 victim-survivors are whiney.
They, along w/ some libs, assume because they lost loved-ones, their opinions neccessarily matter more than others.

Originally posted by -=d=-
Every servicemember can buy into SGLI - in fact, unless they wave the coverage, $12? a month is taken from their pay to buy into it, for $100,000 coverage. The maximum is (was?) 200,000 dollars, for about $18 a month.

That said - The most vocal of 911 victim-survivors are whiney.
They, along w/ some libs, assume because they lost loved-ones, their opinions neccessarily matter more than others.

I bought my SGLI when I got out of the military. But that has a term limit. It expired and wasn't available anymore after so many years. I forget how many. 10? There are other life insurances for veterans, but they don't offer but a fraction of what the service did.

Originally posted by Pale Rider
I bought my SGLI when I got out of the military. But that has a term limit. It expired and wasn't available anymore after so many years. I forget how many. 10? There are other life insurances for veterans, but they don't offer but a fraction of what the service did.

I have Veteran's Group Life Insurance (VGLI) - it's $22 a month for $200,000. Same coverage.

http://www.insurance.va.gov/sgliSite/VGLI/VGLI ratesAfter.htm

Good read.

The only thing I would add to what the big fat idiot(making sense here) said is that there were many charities set up for 911 victims whereas money for veteran's families comes straight from the gubment, right?

But, yeah, that discrepancy is unreal...

Originally posted by nycflasher
Good read.

The only thing I would add to what the big fat idiot(making sense here) said is that there were many charities set up for 911 victims whereas money for veteran's families comes straight from the gubment, right?

That adds insult to injury so to speak - on top of Millions of dollars by the Feds, survivors are getting cash from other sources too. :(

Good read.

He always makes this much sense flasher. You just never listen and only go by what your lying lib friends say. Wake up, spanky.

I have Veteran's Group Life Insurance (VGLI) - it's $22 a month for $200,000. Same coverage.

http://www.insurance.va.gov/sgliSite/VGLI/VGLI ratesAfter.htm

Just looked into this. It's "too late" for me to sign up. I did "take over" my military life insurance, (SGLI). That lasted like ten years. When it expired, and they would no longer cover me, funny, they made no mention of it, (VGLI). Or did they at the time I got out of the service.

Now I'm stuck with paying big cash for little benefits for term with a cash value.

Maybe I should run for office... :cof:

Try USAA?

That's about the same as what I have. I'd rather be a little on the "cash rich" side than "insurance rich".

I'm not married and only have one kid, and wouldn't want to strap him with funeral costs. But my assets as of now are far in excess of the cost to bury me. That's all I really care about.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
He always makes this much sense flasher. You just never listen and only go by what your lying lib friends say. Wake up, spanky.

The day I take your advice on anything will be the day hell freezes over and all of your "lying republican friends"(really, statements like this by you demonstrate such a superficial understanding of politics) invite me to the skating party...

The day I take your advice on anything will be the day hell freezes over and all of your "lying republican friends"(really, statements like this by you demonstrate such a superficial understanding of politics) invite me to the skating party...
This is not advice. I'm just telling you a fact. He always makes sense. If you would listen for yourself instead of being such a reactionary idiot, you woudn't be such a fucking moron.

I'm just telling you a fact. He always makes sense. If you would listen for yourself instead of being such a reactionary idiot, you woudn't be such a fucking moron.

And here we have the definition of the word "fact" by RWA.
Somebody loan me a shovel....

Reactionary? I can't believe I actually got called reactionary by Ms. Avenger.

And here we have the definition of the word "fact" by RWA.
Somebody loan me a shovel....

Reactionary? I can't believe I actually got called reactionary by Ms. Avenger.

Yes, reactionary. You don't even listen to RUSH, you just believe what others tell you to believe. You're truly a reactionary little moron with buck teeth, bad breath, and b.o.

I listen to him when I can stomach him. I do what I can to try understand other people and will actully go to the so-called "other side" to keep an open mind. But when Rush Limbaugh starts spewing what I consider ignorance and stupidity, that's when I have to close the book or turn the radio to a different channel. Like this for instance:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/06/opinion/meyer/main616021.shtml

And then the White House didn't want to discuss his comments further. Now why is that?
http://mediamatters.org/items/200405070004

I think there is problem when people don't want to repeat your comments. But that's just me.
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
I listen to him when I can stomach him. I do what I can to try understand other people and will actully go to the so-called "other side" to keep an open mind. But when Rush Limbaugh starts spewing what I consider ignorance and stupidity, that's when I have to close the book or turn the radio to a different channel. Like this for instance:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/05/06/opinion/meyer/main616021.shtml

And then the White House didn't want to discuss his comments further. Now why is that?
http://mediamatters.org/items/200405070004

I think there is problem when people don't want to repeat your comments. But that's just me.
:rolleyes:

Rush is not PC. Rush is telling the truth. These socalled atrocities didn't even draw blood. They ARE about as severe as hazing rituals. Of course The President cannot say this, he must be politically correct on this to avoid the wrath of the world. Rush is telling you the truth, Bush is being PC.

Rush is one of the most brilliant and consistently correct political analysts around. You just can't handle the truth.

Just in general, name a few point of his you think are idiotic.

Yes, reactionary. You don't even listen to RUSH, you just believe what others tell you to believe. You're truly a reactionary little moron with buck teeth, bad breath, and b.o.

When you can't make a point, make fun.... :clap:

When you can't make a point, make fun.... :clap:

I made a point and made fun.

Let's go over it.

The point: You don't listen to Rush, you trust other people's opinion of him.

The fun: You're an idiotic moron with buck teeth, bad breath, and b.o.

I shouldn't be the one to have to tell you this, but your reading comprehension sucks.

http://www.rif.org

Forum List

Back