Rush has some advice for Republicans!

Should Republicans take Rush's advice and not negotiate with the President?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Actually, Rush has some advice for everyone. The question is whether or not anyone should listen. Should Republicans take him seriously considering that Rush has never run for office or, to my knowledge, even worked on a campaign or been involved in ANY way in elective politics.

Rush's advice for Republicans is that they shouldn't negotiate with President Obama on the so-called fiscal cliff.

Rush Limbaugh To Republicans: Don't Negotiate With Obama On Fiscal Cliff

So, should Republicans listen to Rush? It's a good question since the answer, if yes, could come back to bite Republicans BAD in the aftermath of the election in which Obama campaigned on higher taxes for the top 2% and often mentioned Republicans unwillingness to compromise.

What would Rush lose if the Republicans took his advice and it backfired? Nothing!

Frankly, I wonder why people listen to Rush at all. He has no formal educational degree past HS. He's never worked in politics. In fact, Rush has zero experience in the areas where he continuously offers advice on topics of national concern like politics, governance, taxation, military matters, international affairs, and all manner of public policy.

So, should Republicans take Rush's advice?

Actually, Rush has some advice for everyone. The question is whether or not anyone should listen. Should Republicans take him seriously considering that Rush has never run for office or, to my knowledge, even worked on a campaign or been involved in ANY way in elective politics.

Rush's advice for Republicans is that they shouldn't negotiate with President Obama on the so-called fiscal cliff.

So, should Republicans listen to Rush? It's a good question since the answer, if yes, could come back to bite Republicans BAD in the aftermath of the election in which Obama campaigned on higher taxes for the top 2% and often mentioned Republicans unwillingness to compromise.

What would Rush lose if the Republicans took his advice and it backfired? Nothing!

Frankly, I wonder why people listen to Rush at all. He has no formal educational degree past HS. He's never worked in politics. In fact, Rush has zero experience in the areas where he continuously offers advice on topics of national concern like politics, governance, taxation, military matters, international affairs, and all manner of public policy.

No, they shouldn't. What the GOP should do is give obama everything he wants. All of it. High taxes, as much regulation as he wants, stimulus? You want stimulus? How much? Billions? Trillions? Ok, here ya go.

then when the economy comes crashing down, the people have no one to blame but obama and the Dems. The result will be a landslide victory for the GOP in 2016.

Kind of like what the Dems did to Bush.

Rush isn't the only one. Many analysts are saying the same thing. Republicans should just walk away. Charles Krauthammer said the same thing.

obama has republicans in a check mate. They can agree to his proposals and take the blame, or oppose his proposals and let all the tax cuts expire. That will open the door for obama to give targeted tax cuts to create the illusion that the poor and middle class are getting cuts, when actually they are getting a raise in taxes. Just from someplace else. The loss of jobs and contraction of the economy will occur either way. Either way, obama looks like the People's Champion when he is actually engaging in bloodletting on a massive scale.

The republicans should give up. This is a war that requires a new strategy/

Perhaps you should wait until bamie actually starts negotiating then ask us what we think... Yes?

you feed your cat yet Willow?

zIDs7.jpg

No, they shouldn't. What the GOP should do is give obama everything he wants. All of it. High taxes, as much regulation as he wants, stimulus? You want stimulus? How much? Billions? Trillions? Ok, here ya go.

then when the economy comes crashing down, the people have no one to blame but obama and the Dems. The result will be a landslide victory for the GOP in 2016.

Kind of like what the Dems did to Bush.

The dems could only do that to Bush because there are still significant numbers of republicans to keep things running. Completely crashing the Greek economy did not result in massive numbers of Greeks protesting for sound fiscal policy. They want an even WORSE fiscal policy. They just want someone else to pay for it. Like Germany. The only difference is that the knowledge of sound economics has been educated out of the Greeks. In America the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of protesters would be demanding support from China. Even though we might retain a few individuals who know what must be done, the chances of them being permitted to do what must be done is miniscule to non-existent.

This is going to have to play out to its last bloody act.

Rush isn't the only one. Many analysts are saying the same thing. Republicans should just walk away. Charles Krauthammer said the same thing.

obama has republicans in a check mate. They can agree to his proposals and take the blame, or oppose his proposals and let all the tax cuts expire. That will open the door for obama to give targeted tax cuts to create the illusion that the poor and middle class are getting cuts, when actually they are getting a raise in taxes. Just from someplace else. The loss of jobs and contraction of the economy will occur either way. Either way, obama looks like the People's Champion when he is actually engaging in bloodletting on a massive scale.

How has their collective advice worked out in the recent past? As I recall, Republican brinksmanship has a pretty consistent habit of backfiring badly in the court of public opinion. It seems like the GOP thinks they've got themselves a winning strategy, and it turns out that they're dead wrong. Frankly, that reminds me of the election, now that I think of it. To be brutally honest, hey don't come across as professionals to me because pros are rarely so far off the mark.

Last edited:

How has their collective advice worked out in the recent past? As I recall, Republican brinksmanship has a pretty consistent habit of backfiring pretty badly in the court of public opinion. It seems like the GOP thinks they've got themselves a winning strategy, and it turns out that they're dead wrong. Frankly, that reminds me of the election, now that I think of it. To be brutally honest, hey don't come across as professionals to me because pros are rarely so far off the mark.

The court of public opinion is now packed by leeches whose only interest is in getting more for less effort.

To be brutally honest, republicans haven't yet come to grips with the fact that the nation is a majority of the lazy. That's why Romney didn't win. He promised JOBS! JOBS to people who don't see a benefit in working? That doesn't make sense. No wonder he lost. He was like the electrician promising to fix the electric chair. Can the Orkin man win an election when the voters are all roaches? The only way republicans can win an election now, is to out promise the democrats and get shiftless democrats to vote for them.

I fully agree that the GOP should simply abstain from voting on Obozo's desires.

As someone else posted, give the Democrats EVERYTHING they want. EVERYTHING! :cool:

I fully agree that the GOP should simply abstain from voting on Obozo's desires.

As someone else posted, give the Democrats EVERYTHING they want. EVERYTHING! :cool:

The prevailing attitude I'm hearing from conservatives is that they need to know what's in it for THEM (Republicans) to save America from the so-called fiscal cliff.

Do you guys have ANY clue how incredibly selfish and completely self-centered that sounds? When one considers the election defeat Republicans just suffered, this wholly selfish attitude of conservative Republicans could result in electoral defeats for YEARS to come when Americans think about the agreed upon negative effects of going off the fiscal cliff and how Republicans just walked away from the bargaining table (if that's what happens).

Wait just a minute there, Bubba...It's a deal your guys bought into as well.

So, what's to negotiate, unless you're too much of a coward to deal with the consequences of a negotiation that your guys went along with in the first place?

Selfish indeed.

Rush is...

A multi-millonaire, or more
Who works, but does a job where he just talks to people
He is too rich to ever need a union
He is too rich to need health insurance, and in fact, has openly said he doesnt he just pays cash for care
He is too rich to ever need welfare or any part of the social safety net
He can afford his own private security, so he doesnt need cops

Rush Limbaugh lives a life so unique to the world that his opinion cannot possibly be grounded in reality.

But GOP politicians will listen to HIM rather than ordinary American people.

Which..again...is why they lost.

The prevailing attitude I'm hearing from conservatives is that they need to know what's in it for THEM (Republicans) to save America from the so-called fiscal cliff.

Do you guys have ANY clue how incredibly selfish and completely self-centered that sounds? When one considers the election defeat Republicans just suffered, this wholly selfish attitude of conservative Republicans could result in electoral defeats for YEARS to come when Americans think about the agreed upon negative effects of going off the fiscal cliff and how Republicans just walked away from the bargaining table (if that's what happens).

For a fanatical advocate of parasites and leaches to give sermons about being "self-centered" and "selfish" really takes the cake.

Liberal Dictionary:
================================
Greed - when you want to keep what you have earned.
Compassion - when you demand what someone else has earned.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

How has their collective advice worked out in the recent past? As I recall, Republican brinksmanship has a pretty consistent habit of backfiring pretty badly in the court of public opinion. It seems like the GOP thinks they've got themselves a winning strategy, and it turns out that they're dead wrong. Frankly, that reminds me of the election, now that I think of it. To be brutally honest, hey don't come across as professionals to me because pros are rarely so far off the mark.

Yep, all the leaches and ticks on the ass of society hate it when Congress actually tries to do the responsible thing by cutting spending.

The court of public opinion is now packed by leeches whose only interest is in getting more for less effort.

To be brutally honest, republicans haven't yet come to grips with the fact that the nation is a majority of the lazy. That's why Romney didn't win. He promised JOBS! JOBS to people who don't see a benefit in working? That doesn't make sense. No wonder he lost. He was like the electrician promising to fix the electric chair. Can the Orkin man win an election when the voters are all roaches? The only way republicans can win an election now, is to out promise the democrats and get shiftless democrats to vote for them.

You just buy the GOP talking points hook, line, and sinker, don't you?

Well-heeled conservative Republicans have been buying favorable legislation and tax law for themselves at the expense of average people and capitalism in the form of REAL business competition for YEARS by making campaign contributions to law makers offered up by lobbyists (many of whom are former congress members and staffers of current and former congress members) who come with a list of favors they expect in return.

So, for these very people to now claim that average people are voting for Obama and the Democrats because they expect 'free stuff' is laughable AND wholly hypocritical.

Last edited:

Please.

There's no WAY Porky is gonna risk.....

You just buy the GOP talking points hook, line, and sinker, don't you?

Those aren't GOP talking points, dolt. Politicians would never refer to leaches and ticks who can vote as leaches and ticks. That's just the the plain truth.

Well-heeled conservative Republicans have been buying favorable legislation and tax law for themselves at the expense of average people

What legislation is that? I'm not aware of anything passed in the last 50 years that I have actually benefitted from.

and REAL capitalism in the form of competition for YEARS with by making campaign contributions to law makers offered up by lobbyists (many of whom are former congress members and staffers of current and former congress members) who come with a list of favors they expect in return.

Huh? Was this gibberish intended to signify something? Try using a period once in a while. The party that consistently doles out favors to special interests is the Democrats.

So, for these very people to now claim that average people are voting for Obama and the Democrats because they expect 'free stuff' is laughable AND wholly hypocritical.

Not "average people." Ticks and leaches are the ones voting for Obama and the Democrats. They always have. "Average people" work for a living and don't expect handouts from the government.

Forum List

Back