Rush has left the building. Time to celebrate.

Mr. Peepers

Aug 11, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
Woo hoo! Don't let the door hit you on your huge ass on the way out, you irrelevant gasbag. Don't come back, now y'hear? And what is up with the prissy-assed decoration in your apartment? I'm a woman, and that crap is just tacky.

Ah, a glorious day for those of us here in NYC. Couldn't cut it in the big city, huh. I'm not surprised.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...shot/limbaugh-sells-nyc-digs-for-11-5-million

What an idiot - celebrating losing tax revenue for New York City.

And yet more proof that lefties do not understand the consequences of tax policies on individuals and the subsequent economic impact.

Still has to pay capital gains on it.

Over 3 million in taxes on the capital gain. <sarcasm> my how he has to suffer</sarcasm>

That means his entire operation is in Florida now. The folks in Albany are probably shedding a quiet tear as that revenue is now gone.

By moving to FL, he avoids the state income tax rate (which I think is above 12%) on his income. As Rush makes makes over $30M per year, the payback of state income tax savings compared to the state cap gains is less than a year.

No Brainer.

Yeah, like we didn't have taxes before January 2009.

Well, you'll get less tax receipts now in NY.

But that's to be expected when the Rich are penalized and demonized.

Millionaires MIA as N.Y. mulls special tax for them

At a time when some Democrats want to increase taxes on the rich, the number of millionaires in New York is projected to drop by about 10% this year, the Daily News has learned.

The state had 48,984 people making at least $1 million in 2008, figures from by Gov. Paterson's budget office show.

This year's total is projected to drop to 44,165, a decrease of 4,819, or 9.84%, the figures show.

As a result, the total adjusted gross income earned by those millionaires is expected to fall to $151.8 billion.

That's a $21.8 billion, or 12.57% decline from the $173.6 billion made last year, before the economic crisis was fully felt. That would create a $1.5 billion dip in state tax revenues, the numbers show.

Gotta love "punish the rich" economics. :lol:

Yeah, like we didn't have taxes before January 2009.

Why? Don't you think the guy who bought it is in the same tax bracket as Limbaugh and will pay the same taxes.

The buyer is undisclosed. It's not inconceivable that someone bought it as a second home - and that his income is recognized and taxed elsewhere. Don't assume that all condo owners have the same profile. New York and New Jersey (as well as CA) have all lost millionaire status taxpayers due to their "millionaire taxes".

Just ask Cleveland how it feels about losing Lebron to a state income tax free zone.

Why? Don't you think the guy who bought it is in the same tax bracket as Limbaugh and will pay the same taxes.

The buyer is undisclosed. It's not inconceivable that someone bought it as a second home - and that his income is recognized and taxed elsewhere. Don't assume that all condo owners have the same profile. New York and New Jersey (as well as CA) have all lost millionaire status taxpayers due to their "millionaire taxes".

Just ask Cleveland how it feels about losing Lebron to a state income tax free zone.

And there's also a good probablity that if the buyer has that kind of income, he's making it in NY.

There's a reason NYC real estate is so pricey.

And there's also a good probablity that if the buyer has that kind of income, he's making it in NY.

There's a reason NYC real estate is so pricey.

There is also a good probability that the buyer already lives and pays taxes in NY and hm moving wouldnt offset Rush's move one bit.

Only a lefty would base everything on taxing someone and then cheer when that someone leaves and doesn't have to pay the taxes.

Liberalism = Culture of death, misery and thievery.

Woo hoo! Don't let the door hit you on your huge ass on the way out, you irrelevant gasbag. Don't come back, now y'hear? And what is up with the prissy-assed decoration in your apartment? I'm a woman, and that crap is just tacky.

Ah, a glorious day for those of us here in NYC. Couldn't cut it in the big city, huh. I'm not surprised.

Limbaugh sells NYC digs for $11.5 million - Yahoo! News

You are dancing a fools dance. New york just lost a lot of tax revenue.

I never even knew he maintained a place in New York. Thought he owned just the starter castle in Palm Beach. And lived there all alone, which is weird enough.

Forum List

Back