Ruppert scandal to reach US

Again, it seems rather wrong to want people you don't like to have committed a crime.

No, it's wrong to have a televsion network that lies and smears good people as part of its daily routine.

FoxNews likes to us the "some people say" bit....

For example....

"Some people say that Avatar is a pedophile..."

Already, three U.S. lawmakers on Wednesday urged the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission to look into whether News Corp broke a U.S. law banning payment of bribes to foreign officials.

And some media pundits, including CourtTV founder Steve Brill, have raised questions over whether News Corp's U.S. broadcast license could be revoked, given that federal communications law requires owners of TV stations to be "of good character."

News Corp owns the Fox television stations and cable network Fox News.

Analysts say it's too early to tell if there will be serious damage to Murdoch's U.S. business, but these calls raise the specter that his smeared reputation in Britain could have ramifications stateside.

"It wouldn't surprise me at all if others call for hearings and investigations, and perhaps they may even be held. There's going to be a lot of activity around this issue," said Jeffrey Silva, analyst with Medley Global Advisors.

Analysis: Murdoch's newspaper crisis causes jitters in U.S. - Yahoo! News
If it comes out that Murdoch has been secretly knowledgeable of all the criminality in all of his media companies in the UK then he's TOAST Stateside based on that alone.

Toast I say....TOAST!!!

:lol:

Again, it seems rather wrong to want people you don't like to have committed a crime.

No one is "wanting" anything. We are simply stating the facts, repeating the news. You know, it is the old "fair and balanced" approach.

No, it's wrong to have a televsion network that lies and smears good people as part of its daily routine.

FoxNews likes to us the "some people say" bit....

For example....

"Some people say that Avatar is a pedophile..."

When it turns out that, guess what, it's THEIR OWN pundits and commentators that said the false claims in the first place.

It's a radical ultra-rightwing echo-chamber of lies.

They rinse and repeat each morning...everything coming from the top down.

Kinda like that trickle-down economics the kooks on the Reich cooked up few years back.

Mr. 4321,

Do these reports and allegations not outrage you?

Yes or no?

Remember the Kurek/Regan Scandal?

I was living and working in NYC at the time.

It's going to raise it's ugly head again, as it was kinda swept under the rug with JUST Kurek getting a slight dose of justice.

Ex-NYPD commissioner Bernard Kerik surrenders in corruption probe

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyregion/25roger-ailes.html?_r=2&hp

Wow, that's fascinating and I really wasn't paying attention when it was happening. I found this sentence very, very interesting (from NYT)

Mr. Giuliani officiated at Mr. Ailes’s wedding and intervened on his behalf when Fox News Channel was blocked from securing a cable station in the city.

Hmmmm...tit for tat?

It's going to raise it's ugly head again, as it was kinda swept under the rug with JUST Kurek getting a slight dose of justice.

Wow, that's fascinating and I really wasn't paying attention when it was happening. I found this sentence very, very interesting (from NYT)

Mr. Giuliani officiated at Mr. Ailes’s wedding and intervened on his behalf when Fox News Channel was blocked from securing a cable station in the city.

Hmmmm...tit for tat?
It's the same M.O., get in bed with the media, then get the police involved then control the politicians with bribery...a sick, twisted and demented trio of media, law authorities and politicians.

They managed to stop Kurek dead in his tracks and he's serving time now. I suspect that Murdoch's money and power made it stick with just him as the fall-guy.

This business in the UK is just what we need to get closer to the FULL truth of Murdoch's criminality.

Last edited:

Hmmmm...tit for tat?
It's the same M.O., get in bed with the media, then get the police involved then control the politicians with bribery...a sick, twisted and demented trio of media, law authorities and politicians.

They managed to stop Kurek dead in his tracks and he's serving time now. I suspect that Murdoch's money and power made it stick with just him as the fall-guy.

This business in the UK is just what we need to get closer to the FULL truth of Murdoch's criminality.

I hope you're right. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people who would like to see them get their comeuppance. They've hurt a lot of people over the years. There must be plenty waiting in the wings, hoping to finally see them fall.

I would like to think that we might finally get close to the full truth, but I really doubt that will happen.

Hmmmm...tit for tat?

I hope you're right. I'd be willing to bet there are a lot of people who would like to see them get their comeuppance. They've hurt a lot of people over the years. There must be plenty waiting in the wings, hoping to finally see them fall.

I would like to think that we might finally get close to the full truth, but I really doubt that will happen.
I doubt it will happen as well.

There's just too many corrupt RWers in high office.

The Supreme Court is chuck-full of RWers, they practically own the joint and they are highly agenda-driven.

I'd bet my bottom-dollar that Murdoch has ALL of them in his pockets.

Hmmmm...tit for tat?

Good read, Susan...

No one is "wanting" anything. We are simply stating the facts, repeating the news. You know, it is the old "fair and balanced" approach.

Most of what you are saying isn't 'fact'. Since the UK inquiries are still in their very early stages, there is no way to know what is 'fact' and what is speculation. You're repeating mainly speculation, facts are not speculation and speculation is not fact.

If there is a persistent pattern of criminal behavior within Murdocks conglomerate media outlets then this story is VERY important.

If this is an isolated case, then it really isn't.

Its looking like the Murdock empire is in trouble in the UK, though.

And since bribery of public officials in foreign nation is also a US crime, Murdock's empire might be in trouble here, too.

These media empires are antidemocratic, anyway.

None of them should be allowed to exist in this nation.

July 12 ratings - FNC continues to kick ass in a big way -

FNC 1,062 244 512
CNN 414 129 169
MSNBC 470 157 247
CNBC 166 48 90
FBN 74 11 45
HLN 493 170 239

FNC 2,081 429 929
CNN 750 175 260
MSNBC 877 276 443
CNBC 159 69 93
FBN 85 20 53
HLN 883 260 401

FNC FOX & Friends 940 316 577
CNN American Morning 231 101 127
MSNBC Morning Joe 445 148 255
CNBC Squawk Box 133 36 87
HLN Morning Express w/ Meade 386 190 207

FNC FIVE, THE 1,201 219 474
CNN Situation Room 538 158 183
MSNBC Hardball WITH C. MATTHEWS 780 187 314
CNBC Fast Money 175 38 93
HLN HLN SPECIAL REPORT 683 265 369

FNC SPECIAL RPT W/Bret Baier 1,725 229 636
CNN Situation Room 427 130 176
MSNBC MSNBC LIVE 618 204 305
CNBC Mad Money 215 77 117
HLN Prime News 615 214 320

FNC The Fox Report W/S.SMITH 1,544 303 723
CNN John King USA 488 178 221
MSNBC Hardball WITH C. MATTHEWS 800 231 443
CNBC Kudlow Report 187 77 112
HLN ISSUES 848 224 402

FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 2,823 575 1,276
CNN In The Arena 482 111 203
MSNBC Last Word W/ L. ODONNELL 950 252 441
CNBC FORD: AMERICAN ICON 144 69 70
HLN Nancy Grace 1,281 375 611

FNC Hannity 1,808 407 837
CNN Piers Morgan Tonight 1,050 206 318
MSNBC Rachel Maddow Show 852 265 438
CNBC WALT: MAN BEHIND THE MYTH 132 45 82
HLN DR. DREW 879 255 369

FNC On The Record W/GRETA 1,607 303 667
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 743 213 266
MSNBC Ed Show 819 309 447
CNBC WALT: MAN BEHIND THE MYTH 202 93 129
HLN Joy Behar 574 183 263

FNC THE OREILLY FACTOR 1,120 349 604
CNN Anderson Cooper 360 484 186 212
MSNBC Last Word W/ L. ODONNELL 470 213 308
CNBC Mad Money 79 42 50
HLN SHOWBIZ TONIGHT 467 172 214

That's very nice.

However, you will have to reconcile all the nice and pretty ratings Murdoch has with the fact that they CANNOT help him get out of trouble, deep trouble concerning the criminality of his media empire.

Post some more ratings...why don't you?

LoL!!
:lol:

Yeah, more ratings for the boy so he can then make up more bullshit like fat Eddie beating Greta.

Forum List

Back