Runaway Toyotas

Top 38 makes on the planet quality ratings:

2009 J D Power Iqs Results — Autoblog

I guess you think people are making up the acceleration and braking problems huh? What about the deaths and injuries? The depreciation on Toyotas is going to go up quite a bit this year. That will make the cost of ownership more. Products that kill normally get pulled from the market until made safe.

Top 38 makes on the planet quality ratings:

2009 J D Power Iqs Results — Autoblog

I guess you think people are making up the acceleration and braking problems huh? What about the deaths and injuries? The depreciation on Toyotas is going to go up quite a bit this year. That will make the cost of ownership more. Products that kill normally get pulled from the market until made safe.
:eusa_shhh: It's a government plot. Toyota built the concrete columns in the WTC. Pay back is a bitch.

All kidding aside, Toyota has apparently been trying to hide these problems for years...and how sweet is it to go on their website to learn how to keep yourself from dying in their defective product?

I drive 35K a year obn business each year for 30 years.
Count 'em:
1976 Ford Mustang II blew up in 1979 with 90K-junk
1976 Chevrolet blew up in 1983 86K
1983 Chevrolet Cavalier-piece of shit blew up in 1985 with 97K
1985 Toyota Corolla bought new in 1985 sold in 1990 240K for $1500 in good shape
1990 Toyota Corolla bought new in 1990 sold in 1995 with 265K for $1250 in good shape
1995 Toyota Camry bought new in 1995 sold in 1999 with 195K for $2200 in great shape
1999 Toyota Sienna Van bought new and is driven daily now with 240K,slight oil leak in gasket. Runs great.
Just bought a 2010 Camry for $17,200. Great car and price.
Numerous other American, German and a SAAB thrown in along the years. Most of them were JUNK, especially the American cars.
Liberal media hype and the kicker is the right wing clowns blame Obama in this Toyota problem and believe the media hype. Why? Because they are dumb asses. Folks that believe Obama was born in Kenya, there are death panels in the health care bill and Sarah Palin is brilliant are complete fools.
They believe anything media says.

Pshaw...I've driven Ford F-150's since I took my first driving lesson.

1978 F-150 Highboy 4WD...owned it for 20 year...sold it last year for $4000

1985 F-150 2WD 300 inline six...damaged the piston rings at 200K hauling 7 tons of concrete...drove it for another year before it couldn't maintain enough compression to run. Rebuilt it for $600. Still have it.

1989 F-150 2WD 302 V8...290K...this is my daily driver.

100_0778.jpg

Lobbiests as well.

Who else stands to gain by Toyota being knocked down a few notches?

Being king of the hill makes you a favorite target.

I believe the govt is pretty much jumping on Toyota due to lobbying efforts.

Last edited:
Hopefully consumers and the government continue to push manufacturers to make higher quality products at an affordable price. It is just Toyota's turn.

Forum List

Back