RUN with the fucking ball!!!

How often do you see the QB start to run then pull up at the line of scrimage and fire it 25 yds up the field? Its not worth running unless the game is on the line, there are only so many quality QBs...don't waste them on useless rune

Running with the ball leads to getting hurt.

Throw it away and play the next down.

NEXT!
Really?

Getting SACKED definitely does. Aikman and Young had multiple concussions, NOT from running. From getting sacked.

You didn't read the op?
Now, of course I understand -- they tell them not to run in order to prevent injuries. But does it prevent injuries to get HIT 20 times like Favre and Romo did? Does it prevent injuries to take stupid sacks all damn day?

Last edited:
How often do you see the QB start to run then pull up at the line of scrimage and fire it 25 yds up the field? Its not worth running unless the game is on the line, there are only so many quality QBs...don't waste them on useless rune
"Waste" them instead by having them take 20 hits a game from just standing back there grilling steaks.

NEXT!
Really?

Getting SACKED definitely does. Aikman and Young had multiple concussions, NOT from running. From getting sacked.

You didn't read the op?
Now, of course I understand -- they tell them not to run in order to prevent injuries. But does it prevent injuries to get HIT 20 times like Favre and Romo did? Does it prevent injuries to take stupid sacks all damn day?
I'll rely on 35+ years of watching + playing football, thanks.

Midnight Marauder-Every Wednesday Night at 9:00 PM on ABC

craigtnelson.jpg

McNabb and Bledsoe come to mind as two Quarterbacks who were running with the ball, got hit, and then were out for a long time.

Drew being out was a blessing in disguise for us Patriots fans, the era of Tom Brady was able to begin.

And didn't Trent Green get really hurt by running with the ball?

Steve Young lost a LOT of VERY LUCRATIVE years for running the ball TOO MUCH! You may also want to consider that QBs are NOT the fastest guys out there so to pick up TWO YARDS to get PLASTERED by a Linebacker is NOT the best use of a $20 MILLION QB.

True, but a $20 million QB isn't worth shit if he throws an interception with less than a minute to go across the field while scrambling with the game tied when the team is in field goal range in the conference championships.

I wasn't a Favre Fan, but I'm sorry to see him lose that game in that manner. The Vikings blew it, but it wasn't all Brett's fault. Five frigging fumbles in the second half? What the hell? Was the NFL greasing the frigging ball they placed for the Vikings plays?

No, I am not a Vikings fan either, but that was just plain ridiculous.

Immie

The running backs and defense deserve the blame more than Favre. If it wasn't for Favre, they wouldn't of even had been in position to win the game in the first place. I remember after AP fumbled and the Vikings had a 2nd and 20 in their own end. Favre threw a twenty yard bullet the next play to make it a first down.

How did Randall Cunningham's career working out running?

Scramble QBs never win, are generally worthless except for some cool running highlights from 4-12 teams.

NEXT!
Really?

You didn't read the op?
I'll rely on 35+ years of watching + playing football, thanks.
So, you agree that they should be programmed NEVER to take off?

How'd that work out for Favre Sunday?

I played my HS, College and semi-pro ball. I coached as well. The QB has got to know he CAN take off when warranted, and not have to get an earful when he does.

You all are either not reading what I said, not understanding it, or are purposely misrepresenting it. I do NOT want the QB running all the time. I want him though, to take off alot more often than we see.

Taking that dimension out of the game helps only the defense. When they are confident the QB isn't going to run, it allows them to pressure more, allows the secondary to concentrate only on the receivers.

The fear of a QB who is known to take off is documented.

How did Randall Cunningham's career working out running?

Scramble QBs never win, are generally worthless except for some cool running highlights from 4-12 teams.
He threw for nearly 30,000 yards, ran for nearly 5,000. He played for 16 years and won 82 games as a starter.

Looks like it worked out pretty well.

By the way I am a 49ers fan so I DID love to see Young run but he was also a LB in college.
He never played linebacker either at BYU, or even in High School.

The BYU staff briefly considered switching him to defensive back because of his poor passing skills, this being a product of him having been a wishbone QB in HS, but they shelved this idea.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back