Run to the hills run for your life

Nuttiness never ends it seems. Armageddon and end time are always around the next generational bend. When I grew up they built bomb shelters. We were poor so we were goners for sure. Some people had them well stocked and they were even selling points, "not only can you live in this house but after the commies bomb the rest to heaven or possibly hell, you and your family will be safe and sound in your 10x10 investment in keeping this noble race from perishing."

http://www.disastershelters.net/

Relevance? Historical fact? Ummmmmm... no. Allegory intended to teach moral lessons? Absolutely.

Complex? Not at all... simplistic to teach the lessons to even the simplest and youngest among us.

But certainly not the ONE book that deserves to be brought into isolation (though the whole survivalist thing is a bit bizarre to me, too).

I can think of a lot of books that are more relevant, more complex, certainly more "historically accurate".

Does that make you stupid? No... it makes you limited. And I say that as someone who is an avid reader. And lest you think I'm some heathen, I believe in a deity. I've read the old and new testaments, the qu'eran, the Bhagavad Gita, Kabbalah, Buddhist writings...etc, etc.

Does that make me smarter than you? I don't know. But it makes me more well-rounded.

And have you ever read A Brief History of Time?

Isn't she wonderful!!! ....:rolleyes:

A little full of yourself there honey?...:rolleyes:

would you rather rely on that or enjoy the fruits of modern science?

I don't have any data in front of me but my first guess is that we lose more limbs to broken bones these days then back in the, uh, dark ages.

Just saying the bones heal themselves. They just have to be set. Modern science only comes up with better ways to immobilize them.

Now if you are talking about replacing bones, that's a different topic, since artificial placement comes into play.

Forum List

Back