Run to the hills run for your life

Lookout

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2007
Given the state of affairs we all find ourselves in this day and age; With global warming, oil reserves depleating, over population, possible war with Iran, global terrorism, and our failing infrastructure, is there anyone else considering the possibility that it is time to head for the high country.
I am an avid survivalist with a military background and I am seriously preparing for this event. If we do go to war with Iran, and no one can agree on who gets the piece of plaster in the holly sand box, the possibility of the people of this nation being put into a hardship that I do not believe most will be willing to endure, is high. Anarchy and Civil war could happen if there is too much strain put on the populous which is thoroughly steeped in selfishness and materalism. I definitely do not agree with terrorism or the Muslim way of thinking, and I am not too crazy about the other religous we are right and they are wrong group either. If I had to choose a side of course I would side with the latter, but I would rather just live in peace and harmony and avoid the whole mess all together.
I would really like to hear from others who are considering this as well.

I am an avid survivalist with a military background and I am seriously preparing for this event. If we do go to war with Iran, and no one can agree on who gets the piece of plaster in the holly sand box, the possibility of the people of this nation being put into a hardship that I do not believe most will be willing to endure, is high. Anarchy and Civil war could happen if there is too much strain put on the populous which is thoroughly steeped in selfishness and materalism.

preparing for more chaos? It is the way of man. I'll go down the list to make it easy for everyone (myself included)
war with Iraq- ok, we are fighting terrorists in general,regardless of where they hide and terrorism is a very real threat. Support the troops and give them what they need.
dependence on oil- yes we love oil but I have yet to hear a solution to this problem and i laugh when someone mentions ethanol. That fuel takes more money and energy to produce.
health care- if you are a taxpaying legal citizen, you should be covered.
global warming-I prefer to think of it as climate change. Here is a fact: the earth has always undergone changes, man is not a factor.

anarchy? Nah, people rely on laws and they are terrified of the alternative, even though it may appear to be the opposite.

I think about this, but I don't count on it happening. I keep a Glock 9mm around, but that's about it. If civil unrest happens I'd like to stay in my house, which we've paid a lot for.

Good book on your topic:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Civil-War-II-Breakup-America/dp/0929408179[/ame]

Chittum says race war will do it, which I think is closer to the mark than anything else. A lot of the signs of an American crack-up have already happened, if you check it out. We already have "press one for English."

I have been watching the events for a long time, over 20 years, and thought the time was kind of close 2 times before. One was the Rodney King incident of which I was in southern California at the time, The other was 9-11. I have kept an ear to the ground and I believe I hear a freight train comming for sure this time. Could be tomorrow or 5 years from now, depends on what happens next. Maybe I am paranoid, but there sure is some compelling evidence that points in the direction of our country and its inhabitants, not being able to be kept out of harms way, and suffering like all the other countrys, very much longer.
So let me quit beating around the bush. I know there are groups out there that have been in place for a while and some just starting. Not radical religous thinkers and crazys, just good people who want to survive and avoid the big civil unrest eating machine.
I am looking for a good group, (small group, 50 or less) that is looking for a warior/hunter that is willing to be a team player and work for the good of the group, and who has his own gear and other essentials.

I have been watching the events for a long time, over 20 years, and thought the time was kind of close 2 times before. One was the Rodney King incident of which I was in southern California at the time, The other was 9-11. I have kept an ear to the ground and I believe I hear a freight train comming for sure this time. Could be tomorrow or 5 years from now, depends on what happens next. Maybe I am paranoid, but there sure is some compelling evidence that points in the direction of our country and its inhabitants, not being able to be kept out of harms way, and suffering like all the other countrys, very much longer.
So let me quit beating around the bush. I know there are groups out there that have been in place for a while and some just starting. Not radical religous thinkers and crazys, just good people who want to survive and avoid the big civil unrest eating machine.
I am looking for a good group, (small group, 50 or less) that is looking for a warior/hunter that is willing to be a team player and work for the good of the group, and who has his own gear and other essentials.

Better to be proactive and kill the fascist \!/s who are driving the "freight train!"

Oh wait on.

"Guard" say we ain't allowda do that, that He alone installs/uninstalls Govamints, even Bathhist ones, didn't he? :bowdown:

Given the state of affairs we all find ourselves in this day and age; With global warming, oil reserves depleating, over population, possible war with Iran, global terrorism, and our failing infrastructure, is there anyone else considering the possibility that it is time to head for the high country.
I am an avid survivalist with a military background and I am seriously preparing for this event. If we do go to war with Iran, and no one can agree on who gets the piece of plaster in the holly sand box, the possibility of the people of this nation being put into a hardship that I do not believe most will be willing to endure, is high. Anarchy and Civil war could happen if there is too much strain put on the populous which is thoroughly steeped in selfishness and materalism. I definitely do not agree with terrorism or the Muslim way of thinking, and I am not too crazy about the other religous we are right and they are wrong group either. If I had to choose a side of course I would side with the latter, but I would rather just live in peace and harmony and avoid the whole mess all together.
I would really like to hear from others who are considering this as well.

Trying to keep your govt out of other peoples' business sure would go a long way to reducing your fears....write your congress critter and senator..tell them to butt out.

Any prudent person should have a few weeks' supply of food and water available, plus a few other essentials. If you are allowed to own weapons, of course you should not be disarmed. Every adult should know how to use light weapons and have some experience of teamwork in a hostile environment. A term of military service for this and for much for important reasons should be standard.

But ....

Don't kid yourself that if some form of social collapse occurs, you will have greatly increased your odds of surviving it for more than a few months by preparations of the suvivalist type. Not even if you and fifty co-thinkers have moved to a compound in Idaho and have bought some blackmarket RPGs and the like.

This is just a fantasy -- harmless, and it provides a living for a few specialized shops which sell "survivalist" gear from China to those who want to play soldiers -- but useless as a serious strategy.

State power is everything. Because life in a stateless society is intolerable, man invented the state.

In any conceivable situation in the future there will be a state. Either you and people like you essentially control it, in which case the freeze-dried chicken and revolver are just tide-over insurance for a few weeks ... or it's controlled by people hostile to you. If the latter, you will either work out some accommodation to them, or go under. No conceivable amount of home-accumulated armaments will stand up for more than a few hours against the force that the modern state can bring to bear against those who challenge its authority. Just ask the ghosts of the children at Waco.

Now the worst situation is where there is a state, and a big over-arching one, but also a feeble one where it counts, that can do things like prosecute Oldthinkers for thoughtcrime, and keep the law-abiding population disarmed, but which cannot do much to prevent growing social disruption and crime and defend the integrity of its borders.

If you are unlucky enough to live under such a state, consider immigrating while you can. Buy a plane ticket, not a Glock.

If you live in a country with a state which has not yet succumbed to theflesh-eating virus of Political Correctness and liberal guilt, fight like hell to keep it from going that way. If you don't, things may look bleak in the future, even if you have fifty tons of food and ammo buried in your back yard.

Damn, I didn't catch the Iron Maiden reference until this morning...

good one!

I live in a country where only criminals from the Carribbean and Somalia are allowed to own guns, except for the rare farmer who might have a shotgun -- and if he shoots at some burglars breaking their way into his house with iron bars, he will be off to prison.

If a Rodney King situation develops and you are living in the Big City, you can only pile up sofas against your doors, and maybe throw your money and valuable s out through the windows to the mobs outside, and hope it's too damp (this being England) for them to set your house alight.

preparing for more chaos? It is the way of man. I'll go down the list to make it easy for everyone (myself included)
war with Iraq- ok, we are fighting terrorists in general,regardless of where they hide and terrorism is a very real threat. Support the troops and give them what they need.
dependence on oil- yes we love oil but I have yet to hear a solution to this problem and i laugh when someone mentions ethanol. That fuel takes more money and energy to produce.
health care- if you are a taxpaying legal citizen, you should be covered.
global warming-I prefer to think of it as climate change. Here is a fact: the earth has always undergone changes, man is not a factor.

anarchy? Nah, people rely on laws and they are terrified of the alternative, even though it may appear to be the opposite.

I am so with you on ethanol. Not only does it take more money and energy, it depletes stores of grain, causes the price of corn (and therefore chickens, eggs, tortillas, beef, etc.) to skyrocket....AND it uses astronomical amounts of water, which is then contaminated and must be cleaned. It depletes groundwater, and presents a huge threat to the safety of the groundwater that exists.

Global warming is a natural occurrence that is just something we have to live with. Global trends are not caused by man, and are no reason to panic. Weather changes. So what? We're human, we can deal with it.

I equate atheist survivalists with stupid Armageddonists. If you're going to go all end of the world, at least arm yourself with a bible and give yourself some direction. It might keep you from going bonkers when you're sitting by yourself, surrounded by your stores, waiting for the end, if you have something intricate to read.

Has anyone else noticed that, no matter where you go or what you do anymore, you are treated like a criminal?
I went to get my truck registration renewed today and felt like I was dealing with the Nazi S.S.
Are YOUR PAPERS IN ORDER? It appears that your papers are not in order, please call your insurance company and I will verify your status. Ok your papers are in order, I have verified this and you will have to discard your old plates, here are your new ones. WTF????????????

I am so with you on ethanol. Not only does it take more money and energy, it depletes stores of grain, causes the price of corn (and therefore chickens, eggs, tortillas, beef, etc.) to skyrocket....AND it uses astronomical amounts of water, which is then contaminated and must be cleaned. It depletes groundwater, and presents a huge threat to the safety of the groundwater that exists.

Global warming is a natural occurrence that is just something we have to live with. Global trends are not caused by man, and are no reason to panic. Weather changes. So what? We're human, we can deal with it.

I equate atheist survivalists with stupid Armageddonists. If you're going to go all end of the world, at least arm yourself with a bible and give yourself some direction. It might keep you from going bonkers when you're sitting by yourself, surrounded by your stores, waiting for the end, if you have something intricate to read.

You mean, as opposed to reading "A Brief History of Time" or a world of other books?

Okie dokie... explains a lot.

Forum List

Back