Run Al Run

There's still time, that's why Dems are still working for change in that area.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

yeah right taxing the shit out of us and making idiots like al bore rich is just the way to save the planet.

you're funny.

Well, people like you will always resort to sophmoric insults, and purposely avoid any kind of logical thought concerning present problems, if the solution involves anything at all inconveniant to your way of life.

Simple fact is that Gore put into layman's words what the scientists have been trying to tell us for a couple of decades. Now if you have any real evidence to present to refute those scientists, please present it.

As for Gore making money off of a cap and trade system, he may very well do that. There were people that made money off of the cap and trade system that effectively reduced sulphate pollution.

cap and tax, trap and rape is not the way to go.

tax credits are a much better way to reduce CO2 emissions.

I've laid out this plan before but all you mealy mouth dimwit dimocrats want to do is make everything more expensive and give the fucking government more of our money.

The thing is rocky, the government doesn't want us to reduce consumption at all. If we did, what would happen to government revenue? How would government be able to regulate every last thing in our lives if the blessed tax stream was lessened?

You want innovation, you want new cleaner greener technology then get the fucking government out of the way.

establish a 100% tax credit for the purchase and installation by individuals and businesses of any and all green technology that will reduce current fossil fuel consumption by 10% or more.

Give huge tax breaks to new start up green technology small businesses.

Do that and we'll be cleaner in 5 years.

Let the fucking government tax us to death and we'll all be poorer and absolutely no better off in 20 years.

Last edited:
OK Skull, you have a point. In fact, on another thread I suggested a variant of that.

What I suggested is that the government give a $3500 credit to anyone buying an electric or high mileage plug in hybrid. High mileage as in the first 100 miles are on electric. That the govenment give a
$3500 credit to anyone installing 5 kw of solar or wind. And that if a person purchases both at the same time, the credit be doubled. In other words, a significant boost to the auto industry, and a very sharp boost to the solar industry.

Interesting enough, there are some technologies out there right now that would make the $7000 for the solar component would pay the total bill.

This would also create an even stronger demand for high capacity batteries or capacitors. For no matter what a vehicle started out with, it could be retrofitted to a higher capacity energy storage system.

I do think that we must put penalties on the dirtiest of the generators. They are bad on several levels. And that we also must move to a distributed grid, possibly doing it in the same manner that we created the Interstate Highway sytem.

It is simply that I do not see that doing nothing is going to alleviate the present situation in any way, and will create problems for which our grandchildren will deservedly curse us.

OK Skull, you have a point. In fact, on another thread I suggested a variant of that.

What I suggested is that the government give a $3500 credit to anyone buying an electric or high mileage plug in hybrid. High mileage as in the first 100 miles are on electric. That the govenment give a
$3500 credit to anyone installing 5 kw of solar or wind. And that if a person purchases both at the same time, the credit be doubled. In other words, a significant boost to the auto industry, and a very sharp boost to the solar industry.

Interesting enough, there are some technologies out there right now that would make the $7000 for the solar component would pay the total bill.

This would also create an even stronger demand for high capacity batteries or capacitors. For no matter what a vehicle started out with, it could be retrofitted to a higher capacity energy storage system.

I do think that we must put penalties on the dirtiest of the generators. They are bad on several levels. And that we also must move to a distributed grid, possibly doing it in the same manner that we created the Interstate Highway sytem.

It is simply that I do not see that doing nothing is going to alleviate the present situation in any way, and will create problems for which our grandchildren will deservedly curse us.

WHY should Governmenbt BE involved at ALL? Why not Government get the HELL out of the way, and LET the Market? The people who consume rule by thei rbehaviour?

*IF* The Market cannot sustain it in a fashionable, equitable means? The MArket...that is INDUSTRY will come up with a way to DO these things without Government INTRUSION.

That's the WAY we work. Enough with Government Intrusion to sustain their pals. LET the vast market decide? (And that is the Consumer)? They have ALWAYS been the BEST barometer of trends...NO?

Forum List

Back