Run Al Run

Sarah, if you were to guess between Bush Jr.'s property, or Al Gores property on energy consuption, who's do you think uses less....by a lot?

I would guess that you are posting off of an old email from 2007 that was circulating back then. Your rhetorical commentary is really getting pathetic.

Bush has moved into a larger home that is double the size of his ranch home and Gore has made many eco friendly changes in their home and it is now LEED certified.. That email is dated.

You need some new material, hon.

Darlin'.....you did notice the time line of which his changes was done...right? It was only after him being exposed as a hypocrit that he made the changes. That doesn't bother you in the slightest? It should...

PS, Try and find out what his energy bill is a month, if you can locate that, I bet there would be a high brow on you....well, being you, maybe not.

OK, Skull. So a few live green and sustainably. What good, in the overall picture does that do, if the coal fired plants, and our transportation, on a global scale, continues dumping GHGs into the atmosphere?

Al Bore is a fucking hypocrite.

He is in claiming to be some sort of climate expert to line his own pockets.

And seriously if you think you're going to stop the world's worst polluters (not us btw) then I've got a bridge over a swamp in Florida to sell you.

Tell me who will benefit most from cap and trade? The earth or Al fucking Bore?

Follow the money honey. It'll lead you to the corruption every time.

OK, Skull. So a few live green and sustainably. What good, in the overall picture does that do, if the coal fired plants, and our transportation, on a global scale, continues dumping GHGs into the atmosphere?

Nut up or shut up ... live what you preach or expect no one else to ever.

The American Physical Society gave Monkton a forum. He made an ass of himself. Why should they apologize because they gave him the gift of rope?
Algore hasn't ever debated in any venue with any random scientists. Ever.

For good reason, too. He is no fool.

You are a fool though. You have no idea what you are talking about but you continue yapping. Geezus..

Giant jellyfish swarm north in warming world
Expanding range is ‘warning sign that our oceans are stressed,’ expert says

"Some fishermen have just stopped fishing," said Taiichiro Hamano, 67. "When you pull in the nets and see jellyfish, you get depressed."

This year's jellyfish swarm is one of the worst he has seen, Hamano said. Once considered a rarity occurring every 40 years, they are now an almost annual occurrence along several thousand miles of Japanese coast, and far beyond Japan.

Scientists believe climate change — the warming of oceans — has allowed some of the almost 2,000 jellyfish species to expand their ranges, appear earlier in the year and increase overall numbers, much as warming has helped ticks, bark beetles and other pests to spread to new latitudes.

Giant jellyfish head north in warming world - World environment- msnbc.com

The American Physical Society gave Monkton a forum. He made an ass of himself. Why should they apologize because they gave him the gift of rope?

You are a fool though. You have no idea what you are talking about but you continue yapping. Geezus..

[Irrelvant prattling on about jellyfish snipped]
What the hell? Your irrelevance with an ad hominem AND completely irrelevant rebuttal makes your post a prize-winning mindless and bizarre demonstration of the illogical.

The whiplash approach to debate rarely works, Sarah.

Last edited:

"Some fishermen have just stopped fishing," said Taiichiro Hamano, 67. "When you pull in the nets and see jellyfish, you get depressed."

This year's jellyfish swarm is one of the worst he has seen, Hamano said. Once considered a rarity occurring every 40 years, they are now an almost annual occurrence along several thousand miles of Japanese coast, and far beyond Japan.

Scientists believe climate change — the warming of oceans — has allowed some of the almost 2,000 jellyfish species to expand their ranges, appear earlier in the year and increase overall numbers, much as warming has helped ticks, bark beetles and other pests to spread to new latitudes.

Okay, here's some logic left out:

The jellyfish are increasing in heavily fished areas. A jellyfish's predator is fish ... some types. Perhaps .. now this is a stretch ... it's because of over fishing?

The jellyfish are increasing in heavily fished areas. A jellyfish's predator is fish ... some types. Perhaps .. now this is a stretch ... it's because of over fishing?

How long do you suppose Japan has been fishing there? Like forever?

You're right there is a stretch, on your part as usual.

How long do you suppose Japan has been fishing there? Like forever?

You're right there is a stretch, on your part as usual.

... and what other time has our population been 6 billion?

K. WTF do jellyfish have to do with Algore STILL not debating anyone who might even remotely challenge him? :rolleyes:

I was pointing out a possibility other than the one they claimed, I believe Gore is just a con artist and people too stupid to think fall for it. ;)

Sarah, if you were to guess between Bush Jr.'s property, or Al Gores property on energy consuption, who's do you think uses less....by a lot?

I would guess that you are posting off of an old email from 2007 that was circulating back then. Your rhetorical commentary is really getting pathetic.

Bush has moved into a larger home that is double the size of his ranch home and Gore has made many eco friendly changes in their home and it is now LEED certified.. That email is dated.

link to not only the Bush's new home and what Algore has done to his 10,000 square foot Colonial style mansion to make it energy efficient.

I'm curious, why wasn't Algore the pick for the Democrat party to run against Bush in 2004?

The last three comments in this thread have no basis in fact. You all are throwing wingnut talking points out there to see if anything will stick. Sop

At least my criticism of Quayle was factual.

:eusa_eh: Wait ... you believe he invented the intermets?

Gore never said he "invented the internet"...snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

AND, the two men that could make that claim defend Al Gore's statement...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Al Gore and the Internet

By Robert Kahn and Vinton Cerf

Al Gore was the first political leader to recognize the importance of the
Internet and to promote and support its development.

No one person or even small group of persons exclusively "invented" the
Internet. It is the result of many years of ongoing collaboration among
people in government and the university community. But as the two people
who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the
Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a
Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to
our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of
time.

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role.
He said: "During my service in the United States Congress I took the
initiative in creating the Internet." We don't think, as some people have
argued, that Gore intended to claim he "invented" the Internet. Moreover,
there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's
initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving
Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and
promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it
is timely to offer our perspective.

As far back as the 1970s Congressman Gore promoted the idea of high speed
telecommunications as an engine for both economic growth and the
improvement of our educational system. He was the first elected official
to grasp the potential of computer communications to have a broader impact
than just improving the conduct of science and scholarship. Though easily
forgotten, now, at the time this was an unproven and controversial
concept. Our work on the Internet started in 1973 and was based on even
earlier work that took place in the mid-late 1960s. But the Internet, as
we know it today, was not deployed until 1983. When the Internet was still
in the early stages of its deployment, Congressman Gore provided
intellectual leadership by helping create the vision of the potential
benefits of high speed computing and communication. As an example, he
sponsored hearings on how advanced technologies might be put to use in
areas like coordinating the response of government agencies to natural
disasters and other crises.

As a Senator in the 1980s Gore urged government agencies to consolidate
what at the time were several dozen different and unconnected networks
into an "Interagency Network." Working in a bi-partisan manner with
officials in Ronald Reagan and George Bush's administrations, Gore secured
the passage of the High Performance Computing and Communications Act in
1991. This "Gore Act" supported the National Research and Education
Network (NREN) initiative that became one of the major vehicles for the
spread of the Internet beyond the field of computer science.

As Vice President Gore promoted building the Internet both up and out, as
well as releasing the Internet from the control of the government agencies
that spawned it. He served as the major administration proponent for
continued investment in advanced computing and networking and private
sector initiatives such as Net Day. He was and is a strong proponent of
extending access to the network to schools and libraries. Today,
approximately 95% of our nation's schools are on the Internet. Gore
provided much-needed political support for the speedy privatization of the
Internet when the time arrived for it to become a commercially-driven
operation.

There are many factors that have contributed to the Internet's rapid
growth since the later 1980s, not the least of which has been political
support for its privatization and continued support for research in
advanced networking technology. No one in public life has been more
intellectually engaged in helping to create the climate for a thriving
Internet than the Vice President. Gore has been a clear champion of this
effort, both in the councils of government and with the public at large.

The Vice President deserves credit for his early recognition of the value
of high speed computing and communication and for his long-term and
consistent articulation of the potential value of the Internet to American
citizens and industry and, indeed, to the rest of the world.

Vint Cerf

Vinton Gray "Vint" Cerf (pronounced /ˈsɜrf/; born June 23, 1943) is an American computer scientist who is the "person most often called 'the father of the Internet'." His contributions have been recognized repeatedly, with honorary degrees and awards that include the National Medal of Technology, the Turing Award, and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Bob Kahn
Robert Elliot Kahn, (born December 23, 1938) is an engineer who, along with Vinton G. Cerf, invented the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and the Internet Protocol (IP), the technologies used to transmit information on the Internet.

I guess you didn't get the memo, Snopes.com has been discredited, it's a joke.

link to not only the Bush's new home and what Algore has done to his 10,000 square foot Colonial style mansion to make it energy efficient.

I'm curious, why wasn't Algore the pick for the Democrat party to run against Bush in 2004?

Bush v. Gore: 2009

The e-mail has become dated, however. The now-former president Bush has moved into a new home in Preston Hollow, Texas, that is about 8,000 square feet – double the size of his Crawford ranch.

Kreider also told us in an e-mail that the Gores have made several eco-friendly changes to their home, which is now LEED certified. According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, this means that Gores’ home has earned credits in five categories: "sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources and indoor environmental quality." Kreider told us:

Al Gore’s Mansion | FactCheck.org

Thank me. I don't lie or stretch the facts like some around here.

K. WTF do jellyfish have to do with Algore STILL not debating anyone who might even remotely challenge him? :rolleyes:

I was pointing out a possibility other than the one they claimed, I believe Gore is just a con artist and people too stupid to think fall for it. ;)
He is, and his blind tools STILL are willing rubes.

You're the tool. The reason nobody wants to debate you is because they don't want to keep researching everything you say to make sure it's true.

You're the tool. The reason nobody wants to debate you is because they don't want to keep researching everything you say to make sure it's true.
More of the illogical from you, with a big portion of intellectual sloth tossed in. I cannot prove a negative, thus all YOU have to do is find a case of the positive.

But, when that simplicity doesn't work, you can continue to have no point at all and use the pathetic ad hominem while demonstrating additional intellectual laziness.

Last edited:

What research have you done?

I have links and backup for just about anything I post. In this thread I have backed up my assertions.

Because you don't believe it is of no consequence to me. I certainly never take your silly ass comments as gospel.

Forum List

Back