Rump's $17 million Hurricane Windfall

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Get it? "Hurricane windfall"? I kill me.

>> Donald Trump said he received a $17 million insurance payment for 2005 hurricane damage at his private Florida resort — and pocketed some of it instead of spending it on repairs, according to a new report.

Trump’s description of the extensive damage to Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., does not match accounts from his supporters and the club’s members, The Associated Press said Monday. And he apparently admitted that he had pocketed some of the payout because of the terms of his insurance policy.

Trump admitted in a 2007 deposition about an unrelated matter that he had a “very good insurance policy” during a series of storms two years before, The AP said. And he added that he had pocketed some of the $17 million because the terms of his policy meant “you didn’t have to reinvest it.”

... The GOP presidential nominee’s version of [damage] events contradict others, who could not remember such extensive damage.

Trump’s former butler, Anthony Senecal, told the AP the billionaire was discussing Hurricane Wilma, the last of several storms that hit the area between 2004 and 2005. But Senecal said Mar-a-Lago merely lost some roof tiles during Wilma’s landfall in 2005. “That house has never been seriously damaged,” he said of the estate’s luck with hurricanes. "I was there for all of them.”

Tim Frank, Palm Beach’s planning administrator during the hurricanes, said $17 million would require “dozens, maybe scores of workers” for repairs. “If there were $17 million dollars of damage, we sure as hell would have known about that,” he said of the insurance payout. “I would have known if there was anything in the magnitude of $100,000. If they changed the door knobs, I was supposed to review it.”

Jack McDonald, a Mar-a-Lago member and the GOP mayor of Palm Beach at the time, agreed with Frank’s memory.

“I am unable to comprehend $17 million in reimbursable damage,” he said. << (full story here)

Anyone still left willing to trust this scumbag with Other People's Money?

Anyone?

Stand up and be counted.

He paid the premiums for the insurance and they paid the damages. Nothing to see here, so move along.

They paid one fuck of a lot more than damages. And he just put it in his pocket. And admitted to it.

Where did the figure of $17 million come from?
From Rump himself. He claimed that much in damages --- falsely.

Interestingly, this came out in the Discovery process during yet-another Rump lawsuit against a journalist.

looks like the TRUMP did good , you jealous or wot Pogo , eh ??

I've never been "jealous" of fraud, no.

How 'bout you?

Nor, as long as we're here, can I find any way to make doing something dishonest and unethical into something "admirable" on the basis that you got away with it.

Perhaps that says something about me. But more about you.

Pogo likely is insured by Allstate, Progressive, etc., like most of us poor schlubs who have to arm-wrestle to get a claim paid. Obviously, he is jealous which is a by-product of being very, very small minded.

the insurance co. sent no appraiser? sound stretch ish.

I've never been jealous of fraud, no.

How 'bout you?
---------------------------------------------- doesn't look like fraud to me , he payed premiums , got paid off for damages and the 17 million is his Pogo .

He only admitted to it because he was deposed in Court.

Exactly what part of this is sailing over your head? He put in a claim for $17 million, having nowhere near that much in damage, and put the surplus in his pocket. Are you SO deep a partisan hack that you're unable to admit that's dishonest?

Allllllll righty then. That's why I posted this thread, to identify who you people are.

Pogo likely is insured by Allstate, Progressive, etc., like most of us poor schlubs who have to arm-wrestle to get a claim paid. Obviously, he is jealous which is a by-product of being very, very small minded.

It is impossible to be "jealous" of dishonesty --- unless you see dishonesty as valid.

Again, you just revealed a lot.

It is impossible to be "jealous" of dishonesty --- unless you see dishonesty as valid.

Again, you just revealed a lot.

Actually, you did. Your thread has revealed that you are a jealous busybody.
Refine your character some.

While y'all are trying to squirm out of the position you're in we should mention that ---- there is another possible explanation here besides a fraudulent insurance claim. But I'll just let y'all squirm for now and leave you to wonder.

Meanwhile, on the background --- you know the lawsuit that Rump brought against the author, that resulted in the deposition that revealed all of this? That was when he sued that writer (Tim O'Brien) (not the musician) -- for estimating his net worth to be less than Rump wanted it to be.

That's a story in itself, and it already has been in the examination of his character. But it's even more revealing to read some of the basis of that lawsuit.

As here
:

>> When he filed the 2006 lawsuit, Trump claimed that a major part of his success was based on the "accurate perception by the financial community and public that [he] is a billionaire." <<​

Stop right there. Get that?
He's saying his ability to scam people is based on a PERCEPTION --- his own term --- and here he was suing O'Brien for not playing along with his desired perception.

Is this not typical of the spoiled/entitled Orange Prick? "Do what I want or I'll sue you"? What a fucking wimp. Here's a guy running a grand scam, admitting he's running a grand scam, taking an author to court for NOT PLAYING ALONG with his grand scam and instead writing about the reality. You want to write about reality, you get sued.

More:
>> During a two-day deposition, he was repeatedly called out for exaggerating his wealth -- like when Trump told Larry King he was paid $1 million for a speech to The Learning Annex. But in the deposition, Trump conceded the actual payment was $400,000. The rest he attributed to The Learning Annex's promotional expenses.

During questioning, he acknowledged he didn't fully explain how he came up with the million dollar value.

"I don't break it down," Trump said. <<​

:wtf:

>> In 2014, Trump said his brand was worth $3.3 billion. Last year, Forbes magazine listed it at $125 million.

... In the deposition, the attorney presented estimates of his net worth by two banks where Trump had applied for lines of credit. Both concluded Trump was worth about a third of the $3.5 billion he claimed in 2005.

Trump said the numbers were wrong and the banks did not do an exhaustive search of his assets. <<
Get that?
Yet another "I'm right and they're wrong" line, worthy of a seven-year-old.

Ummmm...... if you know so much more than the banks, how come it's you going hat-in-hand to them for credit, Dumbshit?

And by the way, not to keep the reader in suspense ------------ Rump LOST that lawsuit. He was the LOSER. And he LOST the appeal too.

>> In response to this report, Trump told CBS News in a statement: "Timothy O'Brien knows nothing about me. His book was a total failure. I haven't even heard his name in over a decade, but ultimately I had great success doing what I wanted to do -- costing this third rate reporter a lot of legal fees." <<​

Oh izzat right?

>> from O'Brien: "Donald Trump lost his lawsuit and it didn't cost me any money to litigate it. The central tenets of his complaint -- that the book inaccurately or maliciously described his troubled business history and his exaggerations or misrepresentations around his wealth and success as a dealmaker -- didn't hold up in court. <<
So to sum up:

Rump sued the author for not playing along with what he admitted was a "perception". Then he was forced to reveal his actual finances (unlike, say, a Presidential campaign) including a 17 million dollar insurance scam. THEN he lost the suit, including the appeal. THEN he tried to spin it as really not being the LOSER at all because even though he LOST the suit and LOST the appeal.... he "cost the reporter a lot of legal fees" --- that the writer didn't spend.

shakehead.gif

Taking self-delusion to a whole 'nother BIGLY level.

He has never worked a day in his life....yet the laws are written so the rich benefit above the workers. Ain't america great? Lmao. Plutocracy we have. For the rich by the rich. The rest should die off and we all know it. Some of you lowlife low IQ see it different because you are flag waving cheerleaders.

Trump admitted in a 2007 deposition about an unrelated matter that he had a “very good insurance policy” during a series of storms two years before, The AP said. And he added that he had pocketed some of the $17 million because the terms of his policy meant “you didn’t have to reinvest it.​

My home is insured for more than the replacement value. You did know you could do that right? My insurance also doesn't pay out only to the contractors for the work, they pay me bulk sum and I get the repairs done on my own. Once that is done the inspectors come back and say the property is in an insurable state and the policy continues. This doesn't prove any wrong doing, it actually proves he lived up to his contract.​

Trump admitted in a 2007 deposition about an unrelated matter that he had a “very good insurance policy” during a series of storms two years before, The AP said. And he added that he had pocketed some of the $17 million because the terms of his policy meant “you didn’t have to reinvest it.​

My home is insured for more than the replacement value. You did know you could do that right? My insurance also doesn't pay out only to the contractors for the work, they pay me bulk sum and I get the repairs done on my own. Once that is done the inspectors come back and say the property is in an insurable state and the policy continues. This doesn't prove any wrong doing, it actually proves he lived up to his contract.​

And do you put in a claim for, say, 500 times what the damage is and then pocket the 499?

I personally know someone who had his bike wrecked...the insurance payout was only a few dollars less than he'd paid for it 3 years previously, and probably twice what he could have gotten had he sold it. Aside from the scale, how is this any different?

Forum List

Back