Rumors of war N. Korea set to launch another missile this Sunday.

Kim thinks he can win. I suspect he is right ----- at least it's possible. Remember that they did NOT lose last time: they got half the Korean peninsula and an Armistice, which always leads to another war.

Hitler thought he could win, and declared war on us. Tojo thought he could win, and hit Pearl Harbor. It turned out both were wrong, but they had pretty good reasons, and it did take us 3-4 years of furious, world-historic war to deal with them.

The most important thing is that this would be a proxy war with China as the principal. And last time, that's why we lost: Chinese soldiers pouring over the border into NOKO. So I think Kim has a good case here.

What provocation, if any, would get Trump to pull the trigger on NOKO? Anybody?
The Chinese aren’t going to fight for the North Koreans. They are entirely dependent on trade with the US.

Kim thinks he can win. I suspect he is right ----- at least it's possible. Remember that they did NOT lose last time: they got half the Korean peninsula and an Armistice, which always leads to another war.

Hitler thought he could win, and declared war on us. Tojo thought he could win, and hit Pearl Harbor. It turned out both were wrong, but they had pretty good reasons, and it did take us 3-4 years of furious, world-historic war to deal with them.

The most important thing is that this would be a proxy war with China as the principal. And last time, that's why we lost: Chinese soldiers pouring over the border into NOKO. So I think Kim has a good case here.

The Chinese aren’t going to fight for the North Koreans. They are entirely dependent on trade with the US.

Yes and other countries would line up fast if we shut down trade with China

Yes and other countries would line up fast if we shut down trade with China
What countries can supply what the US supplies? If there were such a place they already would be supplying China, it's just business.

Forum List

Back