Rumor: Sarah Palin to be impeached

I understand completely what was done.

How's that investigation coming, by the way?

What's that? It did not amount to squat? That's what I thought.

Oh.....the show will be on demand on the 13th on Showtime's website.

well, the repubs are never very good at keeping their own house clean.

thanks re on demand. cool.

But that's not so bad. Just ask Scooter. Tell me what the "reasoning" is on the right that they raised such hell and emphasized how disgraceful it is to commit perjury, but for the most part the right wing echo chamber went silent when Bush pardoned Libby for the same offense.

Listen, child. You are so ignorant and uninformed that you fail to accurately realize that Bush did not "Pardon" Libby.

He commuted his sentence. Libby was convicted for not remembering details in an investigation which no crime was even committed.

It was about lying under oath.

Lying about a blow job....not about national security or issue related to his job as President.

So me a married man who wouldn't lie about that, even under oath. :cuckoo:

Lying about a blow job....not about national security or issue related to his job as President.

So me a married man who wouldn't lie about that, even under oath. :cuckoo:

The office is held to a higher standard. Although telling the truth under oath is not too much to expect.

Listen, child. You are so ignorant and uninformed that you fail to accurately realize that Bush did not "Pardon" Libby.

He commuted his sentence. Libby was convicted for not remembering details in an investigation which no crime was even committed.

he will completely pardon him on his way out of office. No crime? Hmmm
leaking the identity of a CIA agent to cover up lies that led to war. there's nothing illegal about that. It's a good think Bush and Cheney didn't lie about their sex lives or they would really be in trouble.

Palin will not be impeached. Perhaps censured, but not impeached. However it doesn't matter. Obama will most likely win this thing.

So you believe George HW Bush was merely being a drama queen when he said that outing a CIA agent's identity during a time of war was an act of treason?

And yet she, the supposed covert agent, was not covert at all. There is no evidence to support the claim she met any of the LISTED LEGAL definitions as to who qualifies as a Covert asset.

Further the REALITY is that Libby did not "out " her. Armatige did and got a pass on it cause he had no connections and couldn't lead to a bigger fish to claim did something.

But hey facts never have been very important to Liberals now have they?

Ok, I misspoke. You are correct. It just seemed like a pardon since he did it before Libby served any jail time and commuted it to no time in jail. A pardon without the pardon backlash, until he throws it off his record completely as he leaves office. The question still remains, where was the echo chamber when Libby got off not serving a day in jail with a perjury charge?

And by the way, I don't seem to remember the statute where you can be convicted of not remembering details...oh yeah, there's not one. An independent prosecutor charged him and he was convicted by a jury of perjury. You can have your opinions about whether you thought the jury was right or wrong, but it doesn't mean anything. He was convicted of perjury. President Bush immediately commuted his sentence. Republicans did not complain. Clinton committed perjury, Republicans raised hell. That = hypocrisy. Like Clinton trying to argue semantics about the word is or dance his way around the meaning of "sex". I'm sure you would be quick to say he's full of shit and that the perjury was clear. Libby tries to plea temporary stupidity, and instead of being full of shit, you say he just didn't remember and there was no crime committed. There was at least as much crime as was involved in Clinton's sex life. Both were found to have committed perjury. End of story. Now explain why there are two opposite reactions for two people committing the same crime? It was partisan bullshit. They decided to have a big dramatic moment with Clinton, but didn't want to play by the same rules when someone in their party was on the hook.

Just like with Palin. If the Illinois legislature had been investigating Obama and came out with a report that stated he abused his power, Righties would be all over these boards shouting about his evils. But when it's Palin, then it must be some sort of partisan tactic or is meaningless.

Both sides are guilty of this at times. I just think the right is more dedicated to their ideology. I don't understand why the left did not raise more hell about the commuting of Scooter Libby's sentence. They should have learned from the Right that big dramatic shows of outrage do have an effect.

And yet she, the supposed covert agent, was not covert at all. There is no evidence to support the claim she met any of the LISTED LEGAL definitions as to who qualifies as a Covert asset.
Perhaps not, I have not seen the listed legal definitions, but also, if she was covert, I doubt all the evidence to classify her as such would be commonly available.
In any case, on two separate occasions, Hayden, Director of the CIA has stated directly without qualification that she was indeed a covert agent when her identity was leaked. So don't take my word for it. But you probably know better, right. I mean, does he think he knows better just because he runs the agency? What sort of liberal "elitist" attitude would give that idea any credit?

ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Sarah Palin unlawfully abused her power as governor by trying to have her former brother-in-law fired as a state trooper, the chief investigator of an Alaska legislative panel concluded Friday.

Hmmmm.. no idea if she'll be impeached. It really comes down to this:

Under Alaska law, it is up to the state's Personnel Board — which is conducting its own investigation into the matter — to decide whether Palin violated state law and, if so, must refer it to the Senate president for disciplinary action. Violations also carry a possible fine of up to $5,000.

And of course this other outcome is waiting in the wings

The Legislature could vote next year to censure Palin, but committee members appeared divided over the report and Democratic state Sen. Kim Elton, the committee's chairman, gave no indication that would happen.

Sarah certainly is coming to look increasingly like not such a a good VP running mate for McCain, though, given these political sword of Damacles hanging over her professional head.

She might literally be the first VP in American history to have been impeached BEFORE she takes oath of office.

If the USA wasn't already such a real mess, I might care about Palin's legal problems.

I might question the judgement of McCain to select somebody who he must have known was facing this legal battle.

But I am having difficulty focusing on the who is going to be POTUS puppet show, now, folks, I really am.

Not that I don't care which team gets elected, of course.

But I find little delight in reading the McCain team is already plagued by scandal.

Such sheer incompetence and venal behavior is truly what I have come to expect from the players in the American political scene.

Palin is just another poster child for the decline in American leadership which is destroying (has destroyed) this once great nation.

Sarah certainly is coming to look increasingly like not such a a good VP running mate for McCain, though, given these political sword of Damacles hanging over her professional head.

She might literally be the first VP in American history to have been impeached BEFORE she takes oath of office.

If the USA wasn't already such a real mess, I might care about Palin's legal problems.

I might question the judgement of McCain to select somebody who he must have known was facing this legal battle.

But I am having difficulty focusing on the who is going to be POTUS puppet show, now, folks, I really am.

But I find little delight in reading the McCain team is already plagued by scandal.

Such sheer incompetence and venal behavior is truly what I have come to expect from the players in the American political scene.

Palin is just another poster child for the decline in American leadership which is destroying (has destroyed) this once great nation.
oh PLEASE
thats a huge stretch

Please this is Monegan stated previously, before Hollis French got a hold of him.
Obama operative fires off another bogus scandal against Palin
Although Monegan had previously stated: "For the record, no one ever said fire Wooten [Palin brother-in-law]. Not the Governor. Not Todd [Palin's husband]. Not anyone of the staff ...,"

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Panel: Palin abused power in trooper case - CNN.com

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (CNN) -- Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

Panel: Palin abused power in trooper case - CNN.com

A partisan conclusion, wow...what a big suprise?

A partisan conclusion, wow...what a big suprise?

Liar.

The legislative committee is made up of 10 Republicans and 4 Democrats. Steve Branchflower, the prosecutor, has 28 years of experience and a stellar reputation.

Forum List

Back