Rumor of new gun law

dateLess

Rookie
Dec 10, 2009
Peoria Arizona
I dont know about this law. or if it even is true. But my brother in law was saying something about all guns must be registered. By like the IRS and they will all be taxed. And if you are found with a gun and have not register it. Severe penalties and stiff fines are in place. So if you have five guns you can only have five guns. Unless you take the steps by some new law. I was wondering does that include rifles and shotguns? And every year you will have to pay tax on the weapon again.

Can anyone verifly this to be true or false. Or if there is something similar in place or on its way?

There will be a $1,000 Federal registration fee per gun and $250 annually to maintain registration. $500 charge for all guns sold.

There will also be a $1 Federal tariff on each round of ammo.

And my brother's cousin's bartender told me that with every gun you buy you have to get a taser too, but that won't be taxed except in years that end in even numbers.

Why is it every FNG who isn't opposed to guns almost always starts a thread about this? Has no one heard of Google?

There will be a $1,000 Federal registration fee per gun and $250 annually to maintain registration. $500 charge for all guns sold.

There will also be a $1 Federal tariff on each round of ammo.

All of this money will be used to pay for Health Care for illegal immigrants and to help relocate their families from their native country into our country.

In order to save money, entire families will be forced to live in government housing such as this:

mcmansion1011.jpg

Last edited:
I dont know about this law. or if it even is true. But my brother in law was saying something about all guns must be registered. By like the IRS and they will all be taxed. And if you are found with a gun and have not register it. Severe penalties and stiff fines are in place. So if you have five guns you can only have five guns. Unless you take the steps by some new law. I was wondering does that include rifles and shotguns? And every year you will have to pay tax on the weapon again.

Can anyone verifly this to be true or false. Or if there is something similar in place or on its way?

This is true

Send me your address and I will pick up the gun surcharge for you

It's true and includes spit balls and rubber bands. You'll also be arrested if you have a car the runs on gasoline since it can be used as a WMD.

Don't let these guys get ya down.

The NRA website at NRAILA.ORG is a good place to start when verifying or debunking firearm legislation rumors.

Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The "Gun Tax Bill"

Friday, August 14, 2009

Over the past few months, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about "SB-2099," a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15.

Like many rumors, there's just a grain of truth to this one. Someone's recycling an old alert, which wasn't even very accurate when it was new.

There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns -- nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act's tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone's Form 1040, of course.

Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it's time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand.

To read a story by NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox on this and other rumors, please click here.

Copyright 2010, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.
This may be reproduced. It may not be reproduced for commercial purposes.
11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030 800-392-8683

NRA-ILA :: Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The "Gun Tax Bill"

Forum List

Back