RUMOR: Obama's State Of the Union Adress will include GEORGE BUSH!!!

Hey PC...pack your bags, you are in luck! There are still societies today that have survived without a progressive element...

ALL you have to do is change your avatar...

islam-women-of-kabul.jpg

Meet PC...Robert Frost's hired (wo)man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

And give up the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution...

I think I'll pass.

And for your further edification:

. “It has been close to 100 years now that the majority of people teaching in American colleges and universities have agreed with Woodrow Wilson, one of the founders of the Progressive movement and the first to write explicitly that the Declaration of Independence is obsolete, and that we need to liberate the Constitution from the Declaration's restraints. This liberation leads to the idea of a "living Constitution," characterized by constant change or progress. Absolute truth, to the extent that ordinary people still believe in it, obstructs change or progress—which is why President Obama refers to it, in the passage I read, as tyrannical. But if change or progress is the rule, who is to determine what version of change or progress is good? And the logical problem here—as any Hillsdale student could tell you—is that once you deny the existence of absolute truth, the definition of "good" becomes subjective and the only standard of behavior is what we want—"we," in the political sense, meaning the government or bureaucracy. It reduces politics not to right, but to force. That is why there is this bullying spirit about our government today, and why so many Americans are worried.”
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=12

Wow PC, the depth of your blind ignorance is truly overwhelming. It is active ignorance, because it is so diligently dogmatic and polemic.

The death knell of America is when we have college presidents that are members of think tanks funded by the wolves that ravage our planet with a political agenda that believes 'absolute truth' is that we must follow the Bush Doctrine of American imperialism.

It is a shame you don't own your own mind...

You don't realize how five minutes ago you sound, do you?

"...wolves that ravage our planet ..."

"...American imperialism..."

Pathetic.

Pull up those suspenders, Pops, and stop shouting that "them teenagers better get off my lawn."

And give up the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution...

I think I'll pass.

And for your further edification:

. “It has been close to 100 years now that the majority of people teaching in American colleges and universities have agreed with Woodrow Wilson, one of the founders of the Progressive movement and the first to write explicitly that the Declaration of Independence is obsolete, and that we need to liberate the Constitution from the Declaration's restraints. This liberation leads to the idea of a "living Constitution," characterized by constant change or progress. Absolute truth, to the extent that ordinary people still believe in it, obstructs change or progress—which is why President Obama refers to it, in the passage I read, as tyrannical. But if change or progress is the rule, who is to determine what version of change or progress is good? And the logical problem here—as any Hillsdale student could tell you—is that once you deny the existence of absolute truth, the definition of "good" becomes subjective and the only standard of behavior is what we want—"we," in the political sense, meaning the government or bureaucracy. It reduces politics not to right, but to force. That is why there is this bullying spirit about our government today, and why so many Americans are worried.”
https://www.hillsdale.edu/news/imprimis/archive/issue.asp?year=2009&month=12

Wow PC, the depth of your blind ignorance is truly overwhelming. It is active ignorance, because it is so diligently dogmatic and polemic.

The death knell of America is when we have college presidents that are members of think tanks funded by the wolves that ravage our planet with a political agenda that believes 'absolute truth' is that we must follow the Bush Doctrine of American imperialism.

It is a shame you don't own your own mind...

You don't realize how five minutes ago you sound, do you?

"...wolves that ravage our planet ..."

"...American imperialism..."

Pathetic.

Pull up those suspenders, Pops, and stop shouting that "them teenagers better get off my lawn."

A mere six minutes ago, women in America didn't have the right to vote...but now that progressives secured that right for you with their sweat, blood and tears, it's time to stop. YOU are free to vote. If we follow your sick and ignorant right wing agenda, we have but a split second...So let me spend it putting you and your ignorant author is their place.

Larry P. Arnn has to be the most ignorant 'educated' person I have ever seen.

Let's look at two of his ideas...

'And the logical problem here—as any Hillsdale student could tell you—is that once you deny the existence of absolute truth, the definition of "good" becomes subjective and the only standard of behavior is what we want—"we," in the political sense, meaning the government or bureaucracy. It reduces politics not to right, but to force. That is why there is this bullying spirit about our government today, and why so many Americans are worried.'

...the Homestead Act—the greatest piece of legislation I know.

The principle that justified the Homestead Act has two parts, and both are found in the first 15 lines of the Declaration of Independence. The first is the idea of human equality—the idea that it does not matter what race or what family you come from, it only matters what you do—which has been the source of our greatest struggles in an attempt to live up to it.

It's clear who the 'we' is in Larry P. Arnn's little imperialist parochial mind...

Forget addressing the Constitution, first for Larry's sake, we need to create a living Declaration of Independence...

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...except for the indigenous people of America

The Native American Genocide...

1862- Congress passes the Homestead Act making western lands belonging to many Indian Nations available to non-Indian American settlers. This marked the beginning of mass migrations to Indian lands for non-Indian settlement.

"[The European] monarchs instead of wisely yielding to the gradual change of circumstances, of favoring progressive accommodation to progressive improvement, have clung to old abuses, entrenched themselves behind steady habits and obliged their subjects to seek through blood and violence rash and ruinous innovations which, had they been referred to the peaceful deliberations and collected wisdom of the nation, would have been put into acceptable and salutary forms. Let us follow no such examples nor weakly believe that one generation is not as capable as another of taking care of itself and of ordering its own affairs. Let us... avail ourselves of our reason and experience to correct the crude essays of our first and unexperienced although wise, virtuous, and well-meaning councils."
--Thomas Jefferson to Samuel Kercheval, 1816. ME 15:41

Forum List

Back